Author Topic: ASK: how to use downloaded lots/house?  (Read 12281 times)

Offline dark74

• Llama Wrangler
ASK: how to use downloaded lots/house?
« on: September 19, 2011, 10:20:46 AM »
Hi, I already downloaded houses in this forum but, actually I don't how to use them. Where shall I put those files? Should executable them?

Offline kiko94

• Immortal
  • you pronounce it *keko* not *kIko*
Re: ASK: how to use downloaded lots/house?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 11:29:13 AM »

To Install your house, double clicking should be enough, if not, put it in your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads, folder, then excute the launcher, now how to place, you can follow this tutorial made by me :)
http://kikozone.blogspot.com/2011/09/how-to-install-install-downloaded-lot.html
My Blog For Sims 3 Buildings, visit for exclusive content -07/11 update : New Houses and community lots, don't miss them !!

-The Awkward moment whe you are viewing who's online, and you find somone looking at your profile...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dark74

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 11:39:12 AM »
To Install your house, double clicking should be enough, if not, put it in your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads, folder, then excute the launcher, now how to place, you can follow this tutorial made by me :)
http://kikozone.blogspot.com/2011/09/how-to-install-install-downloaded-lot.html

Thanks a lot, I'll try it soon. Best luck for you.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 06:10:57 AM »
@dark74:

When I download a house from our Forum, it's not as complicated as what Kiko says.  For Internet Explorer, I click the download link, a box pops up, and I click Run.  For Google Chrome, I click the download link, a box appears in the lower left corner, and I click it.  That's it.  I never have to manually place the file anywhere.  The Swap Shop is set up so that the downloads will go straight into your game.  They will show up in the tab for Show Empty Houses when you're in Edit Town mode.  You just select the house and place it in town.

@kiko94:

I don't think this is the first time we've disagreed about how to download houses from the Swap Shop.  Why doesn't my method work for you?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline kiko94

• Immortal
  • you pronounce it *keko* not *kIko*
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 11:07:37 AM »
@kiko94:
I don't think this is the first time we've disagreed about how to download houses from the Swap Shop.  Why doesn't my method work for you?
I read sometimes that people have been problems with the launcher not detecting the stuff they download automatically, me being one of them, I place the files in the download folder, for it to recognize them, I also use this method to install, multiple items at once,  and about the blog post, it's for vistors to know how to place lots they download,
My Blog For Sims 3 Buildings, visit for exclusive content -07/11 update : New Houses and community lots, don't miss them !!

-The Awkward moment whe you are viewing who's online, and you find somone looking at your profile...

Sportsfan

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 06:37:22 PM »
Pam for mine I have to move it into my EA downloads folder. It doesn't go straight there automatically for me.

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Enjoy life and The Sims!
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 07:05:08 PM »

Pam, I have to manually place the files into my downloads file too whether I use Chrome or IE9. 

I actually prefer this as I run the file though a separate program to make sure it is free of third party CC.  I then rename the file before moving it so I know where it came from and whether is it a lot, a pattern or ?   
Read the Forum Rules, they were written for a reason!  
Visit the Sims 3 Swap Shop.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Sportsfan

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2011, 07:06:11 PM »
I should have said that I use firefox.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2011, 02:03:23 AM »
Well, that's just odd.  I wonder why mine is so much easier to handle.  Seriously, I click the download link, click to install, and it's there waiting for me in the game.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2011, 02:18:04 AM »
I do that with IE9, it just goes straight there when I click Open (Windows 7), actually maybe it depends on the operating system, because Windows XP, Vista and 7, all have different ways of installing?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2011, 02:19:27 AM »
I have a possible explanation.
My Operating System is Windows 7, with a slightly different system to XP. There is something called "Libraries". They contain My Documents, My Pictures etc.
Also there's a new system folder called "Downloads". The Filepath is C:\Users\User Name\Downloads. Sometimes, downloads go to this folder, which personally doesn't happen to me.
So if you download from the Swap Shop and your OS is Windows 7, occasionally you'll find them in the Downloads folder instead. That's the reason behind the manual moving, I believe.

Offline KJSinclair

• Townie
  • I may have a sharp tongue but I have a soft heart
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2011, 02:21:27 AM »
It could possibly have nothing to do with operating systems and browsers. It maybe something in your spyware/firewall/virus software, that doesn't allow programs to self execute, therefore meaning some people have to manually install the simpacks and others having it self install.

Kind Regards

KJ
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes we have to wait a long time for the reason to become clear.

Offline dark74

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2011, 02:32:08 AM »
Thanks @pam, @kiko @sportsfan, @mtglady, @Samoth, @seabody, @KJSinclair, I get it.  And now the swap shop, I don't have it, I cant find links to download swap shop, can you give me direct link please?

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2011, 02:33:57 AM »
Hi dark. The Swap Shop isn't downloadable, the content inside it is.

Offline dark74

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2011, 02:53:31 AM »
Hi dark. The Swap Shop isn't downloadable, the content inside it is.

hehe, I get it, thank you very much.

anything