Author Topic: ASK: how to use downloaded lots/house?  (Read 12278 times)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: ASK: how to use downloaded lots/house?
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2011, 03:11:36 PM »
Well, that's just odd.  I wonder why mine is so much easier to handle.  Seriously, I click the download link, click to install, and it's there waiting for me in the game.

Same for me.  I just click the link, the launcher pops up and it downloads.  I still have IE8 too, unfortunately, lol.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline kiko94

• Immortal
  • you pronounce it *keko* not *kIko*
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2011, 04:16:08 PM »
It's like that for me too, I download, click and the launcher installs, but sometimes the launcher goes woohoo, so I have to place them in the download directory,
My Blog For Sims 3 Buildings, visit for exclusive content -07/11 update : New Houses and community lots, don't miss them !!

-The Awkward moment whe you are viewing who's online, and you find somone looking at your profile...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2011, 04:37:59 AM »
Click link.  Wait FOREVER for the actual process to begin after I click in the box that pops up instantly.  If it's a Sim, I have to hunt it down in CAS because it does NOT show up in game although it is plainly there in my downloads in the launcher and in my files.  If it's patterns or lots they are there and ready to use after I click the OK button after the game installs them.  No worries. 
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2011, 04:51:42 AM »
If it's a Sim, I have to hunt it down in CAS because it does NOT show up in game although it is plainly there in my downloads in the launcher and in my files.

I think that's because the sim was exported as, well, a sim, not a household.
Max Skills shows up as a household, because he was exported from the family bin.
Mr. Payne shows up as a sim in CAS because he was exported from CAS.

Offline sosobaggins

• Townie
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2012, 09:18:23 AM »
Hi,

I have the same problem with dark 74, except that I can't seem to find a downloads folder in my The Sims 3 folder. Is there somewhere else I can /should place them? Also do you think this problem occurs because I didn't download the EA Download Manager?

Offline Galena

• Townie
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2012, 11:42:58 AM »
Are you looking in Program Files or Documents?  Downloads is in your Documents folder. Also you should download Origin (EA's new Download Manager) because I'm pretty sure you need it to patch you game.
My Builds
Sweetwater Cafe and Nectary
Growing Family Home
Sunset Valley Fire Department
Savey Simoleon Mall
I welcome suggestions and constructive criticism about any of my builds on their threads.

Offline sosobaggins

• Townie
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2012, 01:52:18 PM »
Thanks so much Galena, I never looked in documents, silly me! Will try it out now.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.