Author Topic: Two Sims Can't Get Married (It's Not What You Think)  (Read 9941 times)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Two Sims Can't Get Married (It's Not What You Think)
« on: March 27, 2015, 12:26:38 AM »
Sims not being able to marry is a common issue in the game, usually stemming from one of two things:

a ) Your sim is trying to marry someone in a full household, or they are in a full household themselves. The game won't allow that because both households have to be ready to potentially have a new spouse in them.

b ) Your sim went gravedigging for a new spouse, resurrected them, and the game blocks them from marrying in the homeworld for...reasons I guess.

Neither are my case.

My dynasty heiress made a bad, bad move and fell in love with her married boss. Finally, they decide to make it serious. He breaks up with his wife via text message, and is able to successfully go steady and propose to my heiress (important, please keep that in mind). But the option to get married won't show up.

Other things to consider:

- Their household isn't full. It's seven sims and they're both living together anyways.

- There is another engaged couple in the house, and they're able to marry just fine.

- They have a maxed out relationship, find each other extremely irresistible, and are both Hopeless Romantics to boot.

- I gave him the Clean Slate LTR to see if it did anything. No luck.

- In my experience, breaking up via text message is kind of buggy. Notably, it won't make ex-partners count towards the Heartbreaker LTW. I haven't seen a problem with it when it comes to making proper exes, though. Even in this game, my heiress' half-brother broke up with his steady girlfriend through a text message, and there was nothing blocking him from marrying his new fiancé after that.

- His ex-wife is, oddly, listed as "Ex-Girlfriend" in the relationship panel. Which might be a result of how they broke up.

Any ideas?
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

karlissa

Re: Two Sims Can't Get Married (It's Not What You Think)
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 04:27:06 AM »
When that problem happens to me, I have to kill the ex that appears before I can make my sim marry, but since you appear to be in a dynasty I don't think that's an option.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 10:03:48 AM »
Yeah, and there's no chance of him outliving his ex-wife naturally; he's well into his elder stage, and the ex is still an adult. I could age him down, but I don't feel like it.

I could have them grab the Stone-Hearted LTR, break them up, have him try to hook up with his ex again, and break them up the normal way. That might be what I end up doing.

It's not exactly an important marriage for the dynasty, but my heiress' dad has had the wish to see her get married locked down for ages and I want to do it for him.

EDIT: The actual thing that worked was him asking his ex-wife to just be friends with him. It did involve getting friendly with her, though. :P

I'm keeping this thread open just in case anyone else has weird marriage bugs and needs advice.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Catdog

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 01:15:13 PM »
Hi,

Another marriage related issue...not sure what the problem is.

So my Sim meets a French Sim in Egypt, and they like each other  :) They both leave at the end of the trip, and he invites her to visit. She comes to stay, and they go on a date and end up going steady. They also got engaged on that first date (Nothing like taking things slow!) and she went back to France when the date ended. My Sim went to France to see her, and they had another date and everything was fine. My Sim came home, and my next move was to invite her over and have them a little wedding ceremony.

Except, when she came over they were mere acquaintances. Not even friends! Like all the relationship progress had just GONE. Managed to get them back to being romantic interests but there's no option to propose going steady, just don't get it. Know her mood needs to be high but she's eaten, been toilet and had a shower, been woohooing and talking to my Sim all day so pretty sure she's happy enough. No other problems with the game, saved game after they got engaged so that's not a problem. And I've had Sims marry Sims from France, Egypt and China before.

Any help would be appreciated :) Thanks!

anything