Author Topic: Changing family relationships  (Read 122570 times)

Drasar

Changing family relationships
« on: February 26, 2010, 10:59:05 PM »
I originally made a Family of 2...a married couple but the farm was too much for them so I made 2 YA's and a Teen to move in and help out and then gave them the same last name and merged the two families...I would like the YA's and the Teen to actually be their Children now...is there anyway I can edit their relationships?

TheLostGirls

Re: Changing family relationships
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 11:06:21 PM »
I don't think that is possible in the normal relm of gameplay, maybe a cheat of some sort would work?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 11:06:44 PM »
I'm not aware of a way to do that after you leave Create A Sim.  One of our other members may know more about it, though.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline TGBlank

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 11:08:16 PM »
Base game doesn't have that option, through debug interactions cheat it *may* be possible, just save beforehand and be very very careful when using that one. The last option is using a mod, tho these forums forbid such discussion.

Offline jmz95

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2010, 05:42:45 PM »
Well, if you can somehow bring it back to CAS, which I'm almost positive you can with a cheat, then you might be able to change the relationships. But I'd have to test it to be 100% sure about it.
"Yes, I try to pick up strange babies, but only in the game.  Don't judge me." - Pam
Too late, Pam. Too late.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2010, 05:58:49 PM »
Do you have any hunch of what that cheat may be? Cause I have never head of such a cheat and it would be incredibly useful if you could take sims back to CAS.
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline jmz95

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2010, 06:13:15 PM »
Do you have any hunch of what that cheat may be? Cause I have never head of such a cheat and it would be incredibly useful if you could take sims back to CAS.
Okay, I just did some testing and I confirmed my "fear" that there is no cheat to go back to CAS, so to answer the original poster's question, no, I'm positive that you can't edit relationships they way you want to. Sorry  :-\
"Yes, I try to pick up strange babies, but only in the game.  Don't judge me." - Pam
Too late, Pam. Too late.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TGBlank

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2010, 06:45:24 PM »
There's no cheat to go back to cas in original game, checked again the available commands through enabledebuginteractions and there where none to edit the family relationship. Sorry, it's either to use a mod or to give up.

Offline Marfaud

• Llama Wrangler
    • Flicker Account
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2012, 01:58:24 AM »
I read somewhere that the Twallan Mastercontroller can do this.  I'm not sure.  Anyone know?
See!  You learn something new every day!

Offline paws_bells

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2012, 05:37:38 AM »
I read somewhere that the Twallan Mastercontroller can do this.  I'm not sure.  Anyone know?

Yes, I have not tried it myself yet, but to my knowledge, Twallan's MasterController mod (with additional MasterController Cheats module installed as well) allows the user to alter the genealogy of a sim via the addition or removal of a child/parent/sibling (individual to be added to family tree can be any sim listed in the neighborhood). 

For your knowledge only, the interaction is documented here: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterController+Interactions#MasterController-Sim-Advanced
==> under the sub-heading 'Family.'
~ Sometimes, I like to dig a hole in my backyard, get inside it, and pretend I'm a carrot.

...Yeah, that's me.

thesweetestpea

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2012, 07:44:08 AM »
Yes, it is possible with Master Controller. I don't know how to do it in English though. My translation skills are not that good.

Offline billjoed97

• Nooboo
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2014, 08:26:18 AM »
Finally found an answer, gave up a million times. I started experimenting about a week ago now.

Activate the cheat : testingcheatsenabled true

Shift and Click : All sims - one after the other

Then : Add all sims to your saved sims. -think its called something like sim bin or something?

(Create a sim) Find all your family members in default sims (or whatever it is) and Edit family tree once you have created your family, yet again.

This was the pain of my life for weeks! Accidentally married my mother haha.
Hope this helps! Haven't read all of the discussion but i hope (if not already) this solves your problem!  :)

Offline Darien

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2014, 01:14:55 PM »
I've just tested it in my game.

If you have MasterController (Base-Mod + Cheats), you can edit family relationships in your household.

Click the sim you want to be the parent, then choose Nraas > Master Controller > Advanced > Family > Add child > Active family. This will give you a list of sims from which you select the child, click OK and it's done.

(Or you can start with the child and select a parent for them the same way.)

Offline dragonrider0278

• Nooboo
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2015, 01:18:15 PM »
MasterController does not work for Sims 4... Its a Sims 3 mod... Twallan (NRaas Mods) has publicly stated that he will NOT mod The Sims 4.  so no MasterController for sims 4

anything