Author Topic: Expansion Skills and Hidden Skills  (Read 5573 times)

Leto85

Expansion Skills and Hidden Skills
« on: October 18, 2011, 06:51:56 PM »
I want to know everything you guys know about thw skills and hidden skills your sims and pets can learn after installing this wonderful expansion.
The members who read my sims comic book sure knows why. ;)

So what can I add to the list? I have this so far:

SIMS
Riding
Wild Life

CATS
Hunting
Collecting

DOGS
Hunting
Collecting
Dog tricks

HORSES
Jumping
Racing

UNICORNS
Jumping
Racing

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
Re: Expansion Skills and Hidden Skills
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 07:36:08 PM »
Racing (horses).

Also, from the little bit I've seen, hunting is the same as collecting for cats and dogs.  Under the skill challenges for hunting it says gem finder, metal finder, rock finder.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 08:54:26 PM »
There's also Dog Tricks (about 6 or so) and Wild Life (something related to how easily the sim or pet can relate to wildlife animals).

Don't forget the old ones, which you can find here.

Leto85

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 04:49:05 AM »
Racing (horses).

Also, from the little bit I've seen, hunting is the same as collecting for cats and dogs.  Under the skill challenges for hunting it says gem finder, metal finder, rock finder.

Is racing instead of jumping, or can horses and unicorns learn both?

There's also Dog Tricks (about 6 or so) and Wild Life (something related to how easily the sim or pet can relate to wildlife animals).

Don't forget the old ones, which you can find here.

Are Dog Tricks learned by dogs (as they learn the trick) or 'learned' by sims (as like with tutoring being part of the Logic skill)?

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 06:09:14 AM »
Dog tricks are taught to the dog by the Sim, via the interaction "Teach Trick...".

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 06:38:32 AM »
Horses can learn racing and jumping.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 10:19:15 AM »
For the minor pets you can teach large birds to talk.  Not sure how/if this shows up since minor pets aren't controllable.  Perhaps it adds to the sims Wild Life skill.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline candyraver69

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2011, 10:42:10 AM »
Not sure if you wanted to know about traits too or just skills? Some pet traits go hand in hand with the skills, some do not. For example, Hunting is a cat skill, but Hunter is a cat trait that helps that skill.

I am finding out that you can teach your pets some traits it not all of them. I have successfully taught horses fast, agile, and playful so far, and cats neat, adventurous, and non-destructive. The max is NOT three, that is only how many you can choose in create a sim, it is five. Untrained can be un-taught and replaced with something else.

Leto85

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2011, 10:55:04 AM »
Not sure if you wanted to know about traits too or just skills? Some pet traits go hand in hand with the skills, some do not. For example, Hunting is a cat skill, but Hunter is a cat trait that helps that skill.

I am finding out that you can teach your pets some traits it not all of them. I have successfully taught horses fast, agile, and playful so far, and cats neat, adventurous, and non-destructive. The max is NOT three, that is only how many you can choose in create a sim, it is five. Untrained can be un-taught and replaced with something else.

So what you are saying is that one trait can write over another, just like for a sim the midlifecrisis influences that?

Offline Noshmek

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2011, 11:06:08 AM »
The max is NOT three, that is only how many you can choose in create a sim, it is five.
Just as an aside, my cat picked up a third trained trait and now has six - three chosen (Genius, Hunter, Proud) and three trained (Adventurous, Neat, Non-Destructive) - at this time, I haven't tried to train more than that, but will work on it tonight.

Offline candyraver69

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2011, 11:07:36 AM »
I am not sure if it works for all of them, but for untrained specifically, once you have worked with the horse enough you will get a notification it is no longer untrained, and that trait disappears, freeing up a spot for a new one to learn :)

Leto85

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2011, 02:56:29 AM »
Thanks for all the great and interesting info about traits guys, but I want you to talk about skills here. One little question could be asked, but now we're heading offtopic.
Open a new topic about traits, if there isn't one already as I'm sure it's interesting enough for it's own place.

@Katluvr: That teaching birds to talk, does that increase the Charisma skill of sims, like it did with The Sims 1, back in 2003?

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2011, 02:07:35 PM »
@Katluvr: That teaching birds to talk, does that increase the Charisma skill of sims, like it did with The Sims 1, back in 2003?

I'm not Katluvr but I can confirm that teaching a bird to talk does raise the Charisma skill of the Sim doing the teaching, and fills their social bar too.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Leto85

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2011, 03:29:09 PM »
I'm not Katluvr but I can confirm that teaching a bird to talk does raise the Charisma skill of the Sim doing the teaching, and fills their social bar too.

Amazing!  Just like I've thought. Thanks for replying. :)

anything