Author Topic: What do you need to win international horse raising competitions?  (Read 28582 times)

Leto85

The horse I've used is supermaxed in both jumping and riding, has the two benefital traits, the rider is at level 10 riding and still I have managed to win only one International race.
What am I doing wrong? What does the horse and his rider need to be able to win?

Witster

Re: What do you need to win international horse raising competitions?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 07:54:59 PM »
I think it's a specific use of the different racing strategies (steady pace, take risks, and going for it), and a little bit of luck.
The best luck I've had is with some combination of taking risks up to a high point (1-3) and then steady pace. I haven't played around enough with going for it to determine if it's better or worse than steady pace after taking risks.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 09:00:36 PM »
I've been trying at the advanced level currently, and agree roughly with Witster: I can win two races a night if I use 'go for broke' at the start to get into second or third, and then 'steady pace' for the rest of the race to get into first, and never get knocked down.
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Offline candyraver69

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 11:04:30 PM »
I have riding maxed on my sim, and racing/jumping maxed on my horses, and will confirm what the others have said. It's partly strategy and part luck. On international I can always get 1st or second of I use "take risks" till about 3rd place and change it to "steady pace." I'm still experimenting with "go for broke" but I have had mixed results with that.

If you are trying to super-max I'd stick with advanced, if you are already there and going for money I'd do international. Even second place international is better than 1st place advanced.

anything