Author Topic: My Horse Ranch/Breeding Program  (Read 325549 times)

SimsLover101

Re: My Horse Ranch/Breeding Program
« Reply #375 on: May 30, 2012, 08:28:27 PM »
I am soo Exited on getting this game!!

MaryMarsh

« Reply #376 on: May 31, 2012, 10:35:58 AM »
Congratulations, SimsLover  :D  I know you'll love your pets.

I did something interesting the past couple of days -- My sim household expanded to a husband and subsequent daughter, and with a total six horses things were getting kind of laggy, so I saved the household, then opened a new copy of Twinbrook and bulldozed EVERYTHING. Thereafter I added new lots, incuding those from Showtime. I even added some extras ... there're a total four restaurants for instance. I also added about 50 homes, including my current ranch and a few other households/homes I've built along the way. I've been playing this newly built town for two days with NO lag whatsoever and I love it much more than the original Twinbrook. The town seems more complete with a broader choice of venue options and I did the layout in a manner more reminiscent of a small midwestern town (city hall in the middle of the town square, surrounded on four sides by the two schools, police and fire stations, and merchant type venues). There are four types of parks situated kind of like one large park behind the schools. It's interesting to note that one of my cat-owning sim households (my singer from Showtime) was designated by the game as the pet adoption source.

One funny thing has occurred: two horses that were sold at the equestrian center decided they wanted to come back home. A few minutes ago (2nd full day after their sale) they turned up in my sims' driveway and would not go away. Two of my human sims voluntarily quit what they were doing and went to brush the two horses. I understand this is likely a glitch in the game, but talk about free will !!! It was touching to say the least.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

SimsLover101

« Reply #377 on: May 31, 2012, 04:55:13 PM »
Lol cool i guess they didnt want to leave :-(

Offline EquineSim

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #378 on: June 02, 2012, 03:57:50 PM »
Simslover: you'll love pets. I've had it for five or so weeks now and I honestly cannot imagine what I used to do in the game before.
mary: how cute that the horses returned, game glitch or not, and that towns REALLY nice!

mikanimals

« Reply #379 on: June 03, 2012, 09:14:28 PM »
Just found this post 2day and it has inspired me to make my own breeding center. I have two sims who are married and four horses, 2 Arabians, and 2 Gypsy Vanners(I find the mixed foals for these breeds cute). The Arabians are Xander and Serendipity and the Gypsy Vanners are Dancer and Westin. :D

SimsLover101

« Reply #380 on: June 04, 2012, 10:59:24 AM »
Just found this post 2day and it has inspired me to make my own breeding center. I have two sims who are married and four horses, 2 Arabians, and 2 Gypsy Vanners(I find the mixed foals for these breeds cute). The Arabians are Xander and Serendipity and the Gypsy Vanners are Dancer and Westin. :D

Congratz! I <3 Gypsy Vanners!
But in My opinion Such a Magnificent Horse should not be mixed with other breeds......

Leto85

« Reply #381 on: June 04, 2012, 02:51:46 PM »
Congratz! I <3 Gypsy Vanners!
But in My opinion Such a Magnificent Horse should not be mixed with other breeds......

Why not? Afraid of losing racial purity?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

marystar

« Reply #382 on: June 04, 2012, 04:51:09 PM »
Hi guys, I was wondering: how do you get twinbrook and how to make nectar?

Leto85

« Reply #383 on: June 04, 2012, 04:58:23 PM »
hi guys i was wondering how do you get twinbrook and how to be able to make nectar?

That's offtopic here. But I would like to answer that question if you make it a seperate topic.

SimsLover101

« Reply #384 on: June 05, 2012, 01:17:43 AM »
Yeah. Kinda

Offline EquineSim

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #385 on: June 06, 2012, 06:33:48 AM »
Mary... I was just re-reading this post-and when you say 'two schools' do the kids/teenagers go to the same school each day?   and when you re did twinbrook, did it give you a choice of all the community buildings?
because i did the same thing with appaloosa plains, bulldozed everything, and i could only place lots, some houses, grass/bushes, and the community lots that came with pets. i was confused

Offline EquineSim

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #386 on: June 06, 2012, 06:36:28 AM »
Yeah. Kinda
Off topic, but nectar making comes with the world adventures expansion pack and Twinbrook comes with the Ambitions expansion pack.

Could anyone please tell me how to post a picture?

SimsLover101

« Reply #387 on: June 06, 2012, 03:33:12 PM »
could anyone please tell me how to post a picture?
Yeah When Posting a reply, there are tabs at the top where you change fonts, font size etc.
Bottom Left hand corner click it
paste url

Getting Url
Right Click on pictire you want to add
"Properties" (Click)
Url: (COPY)

Paste between
    here

and wala! Hit preview and your pic is up!

Leto85

« Reply #388 on: June 06, 2012, 04:08:45 PM »
Well, actually SimsLover, your picture is showing up as a red X for me.
You're sure you've done everything correctly? ;)

Offline EquineSim

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #389 on: June 06, 2012, 05:49:59 PM »
Cool thanks, I'll try it when I'm off this tablet and on my laptop-no school today or yesterday cos of snow :D

anything