Author Topic: My Horse Ranch/Breeding Program  (Read 325499 times)

Skye

Re: My Horse Ranch/Breeding Program
« Reply #330 on: February 04, 2012, 04:54:10 PM »
That was quick my mare had her foal.  I would put up a picture but I don't know how to do that.  She is white like her mum, but has a patch of brown on her eyes.  I didn't realise that they were born within 1 day.

Offline DoubleWe

• Townie
« Reply #331 on: February 05, 2012, 01:41:29 AM »
Follow these rules and it should work. If you have any problems with the gallery, wait for a day or so and try again. Gets messed up sometimes but in the end it's working.

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,2881.msg53622.html#msg53622

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline simlishlol

• Self-proclaimed aficionado
  • Immortal
  • U leik my horsie?
« Reply #332 on: February 05, 2012, 04:19:31 PM »
Yippee they did it.  I think you were right about not enought room.  I extended the fence, took out a stall and then it worked.  Thanks.  With the excitement I forgot to listen to the lullaby though.  Still can try again.
Glad I could help! ;D
When life gives you founders, you make an immortal dynasty!
Feel free to call me Simlish ;D

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #333 on: February 05, 2012, 07:36:32 PM »
One horse did go into the stall, but the other didn't.

A lot of times, the horse already inside the stall is what's causing the problem.  Move it away from the stall door, and you might have better luck.  The routing for the horses seems a bit whacky to me.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #334 on: February 07, 2012, 05:53:17 PM »
I think it was mentioned somewhere before, but if you have the stall up against a fence or wall, another horse or a foal, cannot go into the stall.  I just place my stall with nothing attached and it works great. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Skye

« Reply #335 on: February 10, 2012, 04:49:24 AM »
Everything is running OK now.  I have a ? though, I think it was on Mary's post that she converted a lot into a community and a ranchhand moved in?  Is that possible, as I didn't realise that that could happen.  I must say that this EP is the best, there is so much to do and like a lot of you I got bored with the usual jobs and LTW.  Are you all playing in Appolooso (spelling) Plains?  I had problem with that town didn't like my house of something and not many sims show up in the town, not that there is much time for socializing.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #336 on: February 21, 2012, 04:27:53 PM »
As far as I know, there is not a ranchhand NPC in the game.  If you set it to community, might be something else. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

hope_alive

« Reply #337 on: February 24, 2012, 06:36:58 PM »
From what I seen in my game, foals can be born anywhere.

Though, wonderful! I love on what you did.

Natasja186

My Horse Ranch/Breeding Program
« Reply #338 on: March 04, 2012, 10:20:09 PM »
Wow! I've started my own little ranch too before I knew there's a whole community going on :). I've been reading this thread all night and I find it amazing to read other peoples stories!
My ranch is very small. I started out with one mare I created in CAS, along with a cat and a dog (I believe they belong on ranches too ;). The mare is a Lusitano. I managed to buy a white Lusitano stallion at the equestrian centre and today their first foal was born. I think it looks amazing and the foal (stallion) is not gonna be sold. I'd rather sell his dad when he's maxed out and continue breeding the foal.
(will need another mare for him obviously and I'm considering taming a wild horse if I can find a good match.
I'll post a pic with my horsey family. By the way, I have one sim taking care of 3 horses and a dog and a cat! It's hard work but I manage to do it all and also train an compete the horses :D.
Just so you know it can be done! :)

Again, this is an amazing thread!! :)

Natasja186

My Horse Ranch/Breeding Program
« Reply #339 on: March 04, 2012, 10:24:57 PM »
Okay, here's the pic of my horsey family. The white one is the stallion and the other one the mare. The foal has this paint on only his right side, his left side is white like his dad. Note the white manes and black tail. Very interesting to breed with I think ;).

ilovehorses4ever

« Reply #340 on: March 11, 2012, 09:00:33 AM »
Wow Natasja186! Nice family! I would love to see all the horses and the dog and the cat and the person all together! Or you could just post separate pics.

Just a quick question to everyone. Can you buy two lots for one family? Because I am thinking of starting a kennel and a breeding farm of horses. And obviously don't have enough space on one lot  :( !! Would love it if someone could help!  :D

ilovehorses4ever

xx

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #341 on: March 11, 2012, 09:40:50 AM »
You can't buy two lots with one household.  Maybe buy one lot and then go to edit town and in the lot next to yours, build the track and put some other items on there and just take your horses over there to train or whatever, but unfortunately, our sims can't purchase more than one lot.

Offline simlishlol

• Self-proclaimed aficionado
  • Immortal
  • U leik my horsie?
« Reply #342 on: March 11, 2012, 11:27:59 AM »
You can't buy two lots with one household.  Maybe buy one lot and then go to edit town and in the lot next to yours, build the track and put some other items on there and just take your horses over there to train or whatever, but unfortunately, our sims can't purchase more than one lot.
A resident lot, that is. You could always buy real estate and build on that.
When life gives you founders, you make an immortal dynasty!
Feel free to call me Simlish ;D

ilovehorses4ever

« Reply #343 on: March 12, 2012, 09:14:18 AM »
Oh ok thank you! :) ! I will try that real estate thing and the editing from town mode. Thanks for all the hints and tips!

ilovehorses4ever

KatieKatie

« Reply #344 on: April 13, 2012, 10:06:45 AM »
Hey guys been sat reading through all the comments last night.. took me a canny few hours to get through them all hehe!

Anyway, I'm going to start my own breeding ranch now. I'm hoping to start breeding champion race horses.. not sure on the breed yet though. I'm going to have a look on what breeds are best for racing.. got any ideas?

Well I'll put  picture up of my family and ranch when I've finished :)xxx

anything