Author Topic: Catching wild birds?  (Read 46579 times)

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
Catching wild birds?
« on: October 23, 2011, 05:56:56 PM »
Is it possible to catch the big wild birds? I have been able to successfully catch a cardnal but I have seen a falcon and one other bigger bird and can't figure out how to catch them. Has anyone had an success in this? If so how? The only interaction that shows up is watch and they don't show up in my friends list, so I don't think watching is doing anything.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Catching wild birds?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 06:05:59 PM »
I believe there is a Hidden Skill, I was able to catch a Falcon as my 5th or 6th Bird. I have a list of some of the ones you can catch (I caught these ones) but sometimes the Bird rejects you and bites your Sim. But then again I was able to catch a Falcon as my Sims first bird in HS. So I don't know why the interaction is coming up, try looking for other birds of the same species to see if they have other options or not, it is possible.

There are others but these were all in 1 and 1/2 Days in AP. Apart from the Cataline Macaw which was in HS on the first Night of playing after Pets was installed. (Pre-Existing Game).

Yellow-Naped Amazon - Uncommon
Goldfinch - Unknown
Blue-Gold Macaw - Common
Pigeon - Common
Bluebird - Rare
Falcon - Rare
Nuthatcher - Uncommon
Cockatoo - Common
African Grey Parrot - Unknown
Catalina Macaw - Unknown
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 06:43:41 PM »
Huh. I guess I will have to keep trying. I saw the falcon and one other one which you didn't name and I don't remember it's name. It was something I have never heard before, but it was a pretty blue colored bird. All I could do is watch them both. I watched the falcon 5 or 6 times and didn't get any other option, but I have caught 2 rare turtles. It's too bad it's not one of the skills like collecting is where you can't see it but it's in the skills journal. Or is it? That would be great!

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 06:58:31 PM »
I believe there is a Hidden Skill, I was able to catch a Falcon as my 5th or 6th Bird. I have a list of some of the ones you can catch (I caught these ones) but sometimes the Bird rejects you and bites your Sim. But then again I was able to catch a Falcon as my Sims first bird in HS. So I don't know why the interaction is coming up, try looking for other birds of the same species to see if they have other options or not, it is possible.

There are others but these were all in 1 and 1/2 Days in AP. Apart from the Cataline Macaw which was in HS on the first Night of playing after Pets was installed. (Pre-Existing Game).

Yellow-Naped Amazon - Uncommon
Goldfinch - Unknown
Blue-Gold Macaw - Common
Pigeon - Common
Bluebird - Rare
Falcon - Rare
Nuthatcher - Uncommon
Cockatoo - Common
African Grey Parrot - Unknown
Catalina Macaw - Unknown

Goldfinch = Uncommon
African Grey = Common
Catalina Macaw = Uncommon
Cardinal = Uncommon
Parakeet = Common
Crow = Uncommon
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2011, 07:56:36 PM »
Also the Sixam that I had a pic of, looks like a blue owl, lol.  Only option I have for that bird is watch.  I believe there are a couple of birds that you cannot catch.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2011, 08:20:37 PM »
Also the Sixam that I had a pic of, looks like a blue owl, lol.  Only option I have for that bird is watch.  I believe there are a couple of birds that you cannot catch.

That's it Salty! That was the other bird I saw! I could only watch it! Strange because I only have watch available for the falcon as well, but others are able to catch it! Maybe you just need to have caught a lot of other animals before you are able to catch that one!

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2011, 08:35:41 PM »
Catching other animals might help. My sim had caught a few turtles and a hedghog when she spotted the falcon. She only had to watch it a couple of times before she could befriend it.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2011, 09:31:50 PM »
There is a hidden skill regarding the wild animals.  The more you interact with any wild animal (horse, deer, raccoon, little pets) the more likely you are to befriend them or get the little ones. 

The Sixam is probably the hardest bird to get but I bet it's still doable.  I wasn't able to get the falcon in one game but when I was in my dynasty the guy who had supermaxed collecting skill was able to pick it up and several other rare animals without any problem.  I never saw the sixam to try it.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2011, 09:36:23 PM »
I might add that my sim played a lot with the turtles she found. Keep them in your inventory and they often bring them out to play with, but beware, they have a tendency to escape and you will have to recapture them.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2011, 01:00:55 AM »
There's a Catalina Macaw??? One of my sims is named Catalina! Oh, she must have it! She must!

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2011, 03:11:38 AM »
There is a difference between small and big birds, cats can catch only small ones, while your Sim can befriend big ones. Also, your Sim can teach them how talk, which is hilarious. I have pictures of couple of birds my cat caught, and almost all snakes, reptiles, turtles and rodent, I'll try to put them together with more details about them.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2011, 03:19:47 AM »
There's a Catalina Macaw??? One of my sims is named Catalina! Oh, she must have it! She must!

I found it in Hidden Springs, I wasn't able to catch it though, my Sim only had caught a Falcon before. Her name was Catarina, well she's not mine. I'm using her as my Gardening Slave, she's a Vanderburg.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2011, 03:42:07 AM »
Cats can catch small birds while Sims can befriend big birds (and teach them to talk). Sims can catch small ones too.

My apologize for ugly photo editing ::)

Cardinal  - uncommon, 123$
Bluebird - rare, 658$
Pigeon - common, 20$
Parakeet - common, 8$
Goldfinch - uncommon, ? ? ?
Nuthatch - uncommon, 217$
Lilac Breasted Roller - ? ? ?
Catalina Macaw (Big bird) - uncommon, 138$
Spotted Sixam(Big Bird) - rare, 1053$

Big birds were caught by my Sim, and she teach Spotted Sixam to talk, so that might increased his value. All same type critters my cat caught were the same value (all Cardinals were worth 123$ etc.)

Once I got them all, I'll try to put together more neat post with all of the info :D

EDIT:
The Sixam is probably the hardest bird to get but I bet it's still doable.  

That was the first bird my Sim saw and first wild animal she befriended, so it is not really hard (only other friend she has is her hunter cat which I created in CAS). I never saw a falcon, crow or any other bird other than those in pictures. I'm still looking for a way to locate big birds since cat can't catch them and they can't locate them neither. So far I find them just by accident, while looking for other things around.

Here is Spotted Sixam playing with my Sim:

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2011, 05:28:02 AM »
Birds can be found using the Collection Helper, which is a huge help.  My Sim was able to catch a Catalina Macaw with no problem.  What I noticed is that the Befriend option appears sometimes, and sometimes it doesn't.  For example, the first time I clicked on a bird, the befriend option was there, but I didn't take it.  I just chose watch.  Once my Sim had done that, I clicked the bird again and the Befriend option was gone and it never reappeared even after 5 or 6 Watches.  On the other 3 birds she's caught, if the Befriended option was there, I took it.  She hasn't failed to Befriend one yet, although I really haven't tried that many yet.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2011, 05:51:29 AM »
I found Macaw, but even after watching it, when she tried to pick it up it bit her and then vanished.  She didn't like that very well, lol. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

anything