Author Topic: Evil horse ownership scheme  (Read 4629 times)

Offline Banksia

• Llama Wrangler
Evil horse ownership scheme
« on: October 25, 2011, 03:02:04 PM »
My sim is really more of a cat person.  She wanted to learn to ride without begging her neighbours permission to ride their horses.  She didn't want to mess around with smelly horses on her lot.  She just felt the need for speed. 

So evil horse ownership is born!  On the morning of the day she wants to ride she adopts a horse.  Gallops it mercilessly all over town and then sells it at the Equestrian Centre.  Ka-ching about 1k free money.  And no responsibilities.

She got herself some nice cat equipment from her profits! lol

AbrahamC

Re: Evil horse ownership scheme
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 03:13:29 PM »
This is a nice exploit in the pets expansion. I think I know a few people who would use this during a challenge...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 03:18:38 PM »
An even better way to exploit is adopt a male horse early in the morning. Train it all day long. Enter it in two competitions at 5PM. Then offer it as a stud. Then sell it. I bought my horse for almost $800 and when I originally offered it as a stud, he was only worth a couple hundred, so I passed it up and trained him all day. Then he was worth over $2000 as a stud by the end of the day! I never sold him, though, so I don't know how much he would have been worth then.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 04:39:25 AM »
Do sims get negative moodlets when they sell their horses?

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 09:40:24 AM »
Not that I am aware of,  but I do, lol.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

MaryMarsh

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 01:08:20 PM »
Do sims get negative moodlets when they sell their horses?

No, but if they've become friends with subsequently sold horses they will mourn the loss of a friend when the relationship diminishes. For that reason, the first thing I do with new foals is attain BFF status. This accomplishes two things: helps develop the obedience trait (from 'brushing' and various affection interactions) and insures my human sims never lose mood through loss of a friend. Regrettably, I haven't time to do the same horse to horse; so, my horses often mourn loss of a friend after a foal is sold.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2011, 05:25:19 PM »

You and me both, Salty!  I could never be a breeder of furry creatures in real life because I would never be able to let them go.  I'm sure I will develop a thicker hide in game after I've sold a few horses and foals and earned some income, but it is very hard for me to think of 'living' creatures as a business proposition.  Yes, I know they are only pixels, but all my maternal hard-wiring got crossed somewhere and is directed towards fur babies of any description - even the pixelated ones.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2011, 05:48:22 PM »

LOL!  Took the words right out of my mouth!

Chuckles_82

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2011, 06:10:21 PM »
Me too. I've started several times over with all intentions of breeding, training and selling, but I can never get to the selling part.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2011, 06:27:23 PM »
OMG you are all as lost as I am!  I tried to sell my wild horse because she was so close to elder and wound up riding her home from the Center and sitting here crying because I just couldn't bear losing her!  Sheesh!  What a bunch of softies we all are!

In the past I bred and raised Himalayan and Siamese cats with really nice pedigrees.  To buy one of my babies the prospective "client" had to come to my house and sit and chat with me over some tea while the kitty chose their new owner.  If the cat didn't want the client, the client went home empty handed!  Thus I could justify selling them because I knew they were going to a good home.  One other caveat was they could never be resold to anyone but myself.

In my current life, (lol), my kitty Pounce loves me to death and is very offended if I don't give in to his requests, (he never demands), for loving.  He hates my kid with a passion and tolerates my husband.  This was not my choice at all.  I'm now allergic to cats so it is often a trial for me to snuggle my baby, but he is so precious to me it's worth a few stuffed up noses.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Chuckles_82

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2011, 06:43:03 PM »
I am also allergic to cats in real life. I have to take an antihistamine if I'm visiting anyone with indoor cats for any period of time longer than an hour. They are cute, but because of the allergies I've never really been much of a cat person, so don't play them much in-game.

I think the amount of time it takes to invest in horse makes it harder to sell them. Turning a quick profit by only doing a few skills and races does seem like a good idea though. Horse sales go towards the horse-woman career, right?

MaryMarsh

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2011, 09:45:36 PM »
In real life, as a girl I had an Arabian gelding, named Scenic. He was born on our farm and from the get go he and I bonded. I spent many hours every day doing chores around the barn and Scenic followed me around like a puppy, even before he was weaned. When he was old enough to ride I simply crawled up on him, bareback, no bridle and we took off. He never bucked or tried to throw me, we were a total pair. During late summer, when the cherries or blackberries were ripe I'd sit on his back and the two of us would munch contentedly. Scenic was special in other ways -- he was a champion many times over in halter and English Pleasure classes. When I started college I hadn't the money for tuition and I was forced to sell Scenic. It was then and remains til now the saddest day of my life. My Sim Scenic is an homage to the first love of my life.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2011, 10:24:42 AM »
Turning a quick profit by only doing a few skills and races does seem like a good idea though. Horse sales go towards the horse-woman career, right?

I believe money earned from selling horses goes towards the career and I agree that this is a very pragmatic way to earn decent money.  Unfortunately I'm ruled by my heart, not my head, and my real-life values come through quite strongly even in TS3.

When I started college I hadn't the money for tuition and I was forced to sell Scenic. It was then and remains til now the saddest day of my life.

This just broke my heart!  I was forced to make a similar decision about my first cat when I met my husband.  When we decided we wanted to live together I knew I couldn't bring Pokey with me because she wouldn't adjust well to living with another cat and a dog.  I was lucky enough to find someone who would take a senior cat with behavior issues, but it hurt like crazy.  Just thinking about it now is making me cry and it was 10 years ago.  I hope I never have to make such an awful decision ever again.