Author Topic: ADVENTURE: Boulder Smash!  (Read 24635 times)

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
ADVENTURE: Boulder Smash!
« on: December 13, 2009, 05:31:18 AM »
This is the adventure you get at the Hot Springs in China right after getting Pangu's Axe.

There appears to be a weird bug in this adventure, at least for me, so maybe this will help someone else.

In the first room you get to after entering through the dive well the path is blocked by fire traps. They can't be disarmed or crossed but there's a floor switch. When you stand on the floor switch some steam traps are turned on. I assume the steam is supposed to turn off the fire traps but it doesn't happen. I've played this adventure three times and every time I've had to fiddle with it to get the fire turned off.

Sometimes it works to Alt+Tab out of the game or saving. Or you can wait a little until the steam has made puddles on the floor and then mop up the puddles. Seriously. ??? :D

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
Re: ADVENTURE: Boulder Smash!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 11:41:10 AM »
I just did that adventure yesterday and don't remember having problems with disarming the traps. I have noticed though, that sometimes you have to have your sim try to disarm them  2 or 3 times before it actually works. My sim has now earned the "hazmat" thing and can disarm 80% more traps.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Sofila

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 07:54:10 PM »
Just had this bug as well. The alt-tabbing seemed to work for me. I went into some stange camera mode I think without the UI visable, but after pressing escape the UI came back and the firetraps went off nicely :)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 03:29:59 AM »
My Sim once got a phone call which he answered and he walked over about two traps to the end then finished his call!  ;D

* Try Using 'testingcheatsenabled true' then right click after the traps and click teleport, 'testingcheatsenabled false' that could be a quicker way for you?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

seekhunt

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 06:16:38 AM »
as rockingrobin say:

the 80% more traps disarmed is a good thing to have, and it dont take that much to get it.
But also remember with fire traps that if your "soaked" from the dive well nearby i am sure you might be able to get the option
"try to cross" or something like that and if you are able to cross the traps will go off for ever by it self.

Offline jestina

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 01:06:38 AM »
Meditate and port yourself past the obstacle is another option.

bshag

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2010, 12:01:37 PM »
I usually don't use cheats as a general rule but "testingCheatsEnabled on" with shift and left click on the other side of the traps will bring up "teleport here" option.  I have only used this cheat once when sim was totally stuck in Abu Simbel and surrounded by traps. ::)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Sofila

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2010, 02:53:27 PM »
as rockingrobin say:

Yes, but the situation the OP was in doesn't allow you the option to disarm OR attempt to cross. Hence why it that bug is a problem :)

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2010, 11:35:47 AM »
True, this particular trap can't be disarmed or crossed. It's supposed to go out when you step on a switch. What's weird is that I have this problem every single time I go through this tomb. Akh! Sometimes there's just no way through except teleporting. :(

anything