Author Topic: Help with edit sim in cas please  (Read 11489 times)

Offline Lesleyxxx

• Townie
  • Closest possible to real me!
Help with edit sim in cas please
« on: October 30, 2011, 11:24:37 AM »
I've read on here about being able to edit a sim in CAS [create a sim?] and also seen  mention on Carl's site cheats page.  What I can't find is info on how to get my sim back into CAS. Please could someone treat me like the  rookie I am and talk me through it bit by bit?

I have used testingcheatsenabled true, buydebug, and motherlode.  I haven't managed any other's yet. Just rather frustrated at not finding the info I need, which is bound to be here somewhere, I just can't see it. Google search of forum didn't help either. 

Please help?  Thanks

Offline Jancy

• Occult
Re: Help with edit sim in cas please
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 11:32:09 AM »
Hi Lesley ~ You can use the cheat testingcheatsenabled true and then shift click on the Sim you would like to edit.  You'll have a few options and one is edit sim in create a sim.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 11:34:08 AM »
Here's what you do, Lesley. After you have used testingcheatsenabled true, you need to hold the Shift button and click your sim at the same time. Then you should see the option to edit your sim. Hope that helps!

Edit: Jancy beat me to it!

Offline Lesleyxxx

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 12:02:00 PM »
LOL@me for not realising it could be that easy.  I've been hunting for a command to do it.  Oh well, rookie definately!

Thanks for the help   ;D

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 12:08:05 PM »
Just so you know if you use the CAS cheat it will reset the Sim back to the begining of it's current lifestage.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Lesleyxxx

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2011, 12:31:40 PM »
Thanks for that info too.  In this case it won't matter as I have aging turned off.  I'm completely new to sims, having never played before October and never played previous versions.  So after several disasters where I tried to run before I knew how to walk, I'm now taking this very slow and easy, attention to all details, and learning bit by bit.

Previous to Pets coming  out I'd only ever played a single sim. Then made the silly mistake off jumping into ranching with 3 horses and found I hadn't a clue how to control them. So now I'm back to basics. Had this sim for a week [human time] and had her working to earn money for a bigger spread. Then built her a starter ranch and had her move in. She quit her job at that and took a riding lesson and painting lesson. So she can still earn a little with painting. She was then ready to adopt a foal so I wanted to change her trait and at the same time change her appearance a little.

With help [thank you again] I've now done that and she adopted a foal. A very cute black and white patch with brown mane.

Sportsfan

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2011, 12:35:32 PM »
You can change traits without having to go into CAS by shift clicking then modify traits for active sim.

Also, you can change clothes with a dresser and hairstyle and color with a mirror. (if you don't want to cheat)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Cas

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2011, 09:42:01 AM »
I noticed there was a plastic surgery option (think that's what it was called) when I clicked on the hospital last night.  I've never tried it but I assume that would also let you change your sims physical appearance.  (Just did a quick google search on it, and it appears to be part of the generations xp).

Sportsfan

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2011, 10:01:47 AM »
It's from pets.
I'm not sure if it is included in the patch.