Author Topic: Teach teen of other household to drive?  (Read 7420 times)

Leto85

Teach teen of other household to drive?
« on: October 31, 2011, 07:55:08 AM »
My sim came up with the wish to teach Holly Alto to drive for a major 1225 Lifetime Happyness Points, if I remember correctly. So I decided to buy himself a car.
Now I can't find any option to teach her to drive, not when my sim is at her place, nor if she is at his.
Any hints for me on how to do this?

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
Re: Teach teen of other household to drive?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 11:53:14 AM »
This has happened to me before, too. I never did it, though, so the option remained there for a while. If I remember correctly, the option was available when the teen came over to my sim's house with a car parked in the driveway space. It was also available when my sim went to the teen's house, when my sim had her car in her inventory. Do neither of these work for you?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 01:16:29 PM »
Is Holly still a teen? I vaguely recall that she doesn't have long before aging up at the start of a fresh game.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Leto85

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 04:11:44 PM »
This has happened to me before, too. I never did it, though, so the option remained there for a while. If I remember correctly, the option was available when the teen came over to my sim's house with a car parked in the driveway space. It was also available when my sim went to the teen's house, when my sim had her car in her inventory. Do neither of these work for you?

Nada. I'm afraid there is an option (I assume there is :P) from which I don't know.

@Cathyknits: I've set Aging Off in this savefile for a while. If Holly is about to age up fast I will notice that probably soon enough when I reconfigure my settings. :)
But Holly was just an example. There are more teens my sim wanted to teach to drive.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 04:30:43 PM »
Hrm. I've been successfully able to do this (at least to start teaching) - make sure the car is in the driveway, not in someone's inventory, and then there should be an option on the teen to "Teach X to drive". Does your sim have a high relationship with Holly? I wonder if you have to be friends with the teen in order to teach them.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2011, 03:18:33 AM »
My sim taught Elspeth Cook to drive (partially). The wish came up outside the theater, so she asked Elspeth and they got into my sims car. Unfortunately it was after curfew and Elspeth jumped out of the car a few blocks away. So they didn't finish the training.