Author Topic: Career Caps and New Digs  (Read 60658 times)

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Career Caps and New Digs
« Reply #195 on: February 04, 2012, 10:17:02 PM »
lol, just a tad confusing. I'm beginning to think I may not finish this one. I always struggle with maxing careers at the best of times, but make that the main objective  :o  Then I had to abandon my game halfway through because I found out my garden breached the rules. I just haven't been able to get into this one completely. I may just go and play with a few new store items I bought and practice a few things for the clone challenge (that one really has my interest)
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Chuckles_82

« Reply #196 on: February 04, 2012, 11:39:11 PM »
How about this:

If it doesn't need to placed on the lot when you buy it, it doesn't count. Therefore, reward cars don't count - both from careers and the motive mobile, and anything that doesn't get placed on the property doesn't count, including the collection helper and moodlet manager. If you need to place it to use it, then it counts, but if you can use it from inventory, it doesn't count.

Your sim can take their 4 items from one house to another if they want to, but only 4 items can be left in any one house. So if you take all your items, for example, and you get to your last house, you can still only leave 4 of them - the rest must remain in your sims' inventories/family inventory.

Would that make it simpler?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #197 on: February 05, 2012, 12:32:20 AM »
EDIT: I am open to suggestions, but the problem is that this event has already started. I need to know where players are confused and what needs to be addressed.

My question is - does an item carried over from a previous house count as one of the four items for the current house - It seems like yes, if you're placing it in the house to use it, but no because you didn't buy it in the new house.  I'm fine with playing it either way - just want to make sure I'm following the rules.

Offline tiketomasa

• Nooboo
« Reply #198 on: February 05, 2012, 03:33:17 AM »
Well just to make it simple for me I have been counting my four items if they are bought with money or lifetime happiness points. I'm pretty sure I can't go wrong with that.

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #199 on: February 05, 2012, 03:38:57 AM »
How about this:

If it doesn't need to placed on the lot when you buy it, it doesn't count. Therefore, reward cars don't count - both from careers and the motive mobile, and anything that doesn't get placed on the property doesn't count, including the collection helper and moodlet manager. If you need to place it to use it, then it counts, but if you can use it from inventory, it doesn't count.

I like this part. I have counted the motive mobiles I bought for the first house.

Your sim can take their 4 items from one house to another if they want to, but only 4 items can be left in any one house. So if you take all your items, for example, and you get to your last house, you can still only leave 4 of them - the rest must remain in your sims' inventories/family inventory.

And this part would ruin my strategy. I've thought all along that you could buy 4 items, and take some with you and leave later. I can't go into any more details without revealing all of my strategy.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #200 on: February 05, 2012, 03:49:56 AM »
How about this:

You can only add four things to any one house,so if you take something with you when you move and add it to a new house it counts as one of your four things.

Anything you place on a lot counts as one of the four things any items or rewards that go straight to inventory does not count towards your four item total. So collection helper not one of your four items but teleportation pad is one of your four placeable items.

The only thing that I am not sure about is how the motive mobile works does it go straight to inventory or do you need to place it on a parking space then move it to inventory.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #201 on: February 05, 2012, 04:12:53 AM »
Motive mobile goes straight to your inventory, and never needs to be placed to be used. Your sim may automatically use it, or you can click on it in inventory to use it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #202 on: February 05, 2012, 07:45:31 AM »
I've asked Metro to give us some kind of amnesty regarding cars. You can't put a car into family inventory without placing it on the lot first. If it's in personal inventory (like a police car), they'll use it. If there's parking available, your motive mobile or other car will place itself there.
Also, if there's a car at House A, your Sims might use it to drive to House B, even if some other car is their "preferred" one.

Allowing us to place cars in family inventory and to remove the parking lot markers might solve the problem.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #203 on: February 05, 2012, 08:24:21 AM »
I've asked Metro to give us some kind of amnesty regarding cars. You can't put a car into family inventory without placing it on the lot first. If it's in personal inventory (like a police car), they'll use it. If there's parking available, your motive mobile or other car will place itself there.
Also, if there's a car at House A, your Sims might use it to drive to House B, even if some other car is their "preferred" one.

Allowing us to place cars in family inventory and to remove the parking lot markers might solve the problem.

Yes, I am fine with this suggestion. It seems like most players are understanding the basics pretty well. The rules are complicated, I agree. But, there's only 3 weeks left in this event and I cannot rewrite the ruleset at this point. I am hoping that when the leaders reveal their strategies in the end, someone will not say — "Oh, man...I had no idea I could do that. I did not think you could." If it happens it happens. It's just a game.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #204 on: February 05, 2012, 12:07:36 PM »
My Sims reached level ten in 19 careers.

They lived in houses totaling a cost of 1721588

Giving me a total score of 4992605

I really enjoyed that once I got going.

Rachel

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #205 on: February 05, 2012, 12:31:46 PM »
Yes, I am fine with this suggestion. It seems like most players are understanding the basics pretty well. The rules are complicated, I agree. But, there's only 3 weeks left in this event and I cannot rewrite the ruleset at this point. I am hoping that when the leaders reveal their strategies in the end, someone will not say — "Oh, man...I had no idea I could do that. I did not think you could." If it happens it happens. It's just a game.

That helps a lot but mostly I just am not sure what I should count as one of my four items and what I should not? Then lastly do the items we take to the next house count as an item for that house as well? Otherwise I get it!

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #206 on: February 05, 2012, 01:02:57 PM »
Momofmany,I have been counting any items that have to be physically placed on the lot as one of my four objects. I also included any LTR items such as motive mobile and collection helper as one of my four items.
If I took any objects with me when I moved if I had to place them on the lot to use them I counted them as one of my four items for that house too.

Rachel

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #207 on: February 05, 2012, 01:24:55 PM »
Thanks Rachel that is helpful. I will just stick with that unless Metro says to do otherwise.

One last question: Does the Daycare career count since there are only 5 levels?

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #208 on: February 05, 2012, 01:29:57 PM »
    Is everyone clear that items made from the XL Display case does NOT qualify as items you can leave on a lot?

• Each Sim may only buy a total of 2 items per house. These must come from either Buy Mode or a register.
  • Nothing in any house or on any lot can be changed/moved with the exception of the two items each Sim can buy from Buy Mode and/or a register.

Yes, you can buy the Display case, but the end products are clearly not from Buy Mode or a register — they're made. Just like a painting made on an easel. Yes, you can buy the easel, but the finished painting was never bought. It was made.

------------

EDIT:

One last question: Does the Daycare career count since there are only 5 levels?

Yes.[/list]

Chuckles_82

« Reply #209 on: February 05, 2012, 04:20:37 PM »
So it counts as a multiplier, but you can't move when you reach the top? Because it doesn't have level 10

You can only move if one of your Sims reaches lvl 10 in a standard rabbit-hole career, self-employment career, or a profession.