Author Topic: Career Caps and New Digs  (Read 61213 times)

Offline tara1727

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Career Caps and New Digs
« Reply #225 on: February 08, 2012, 12:49:53 AM »
It was already stated that collecting is not covered with the rules. Can we sell items we find?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #226 on: February 08, 2012, 08:12:10 AM »
It was already stated that collecting is not covered with the rules. Can we sell items we find?

Yes. Remember if it's not specifically banned in the General Rules or the specific Challenge rules, you can do it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Jinx13

« Reply #227 on: February 08, 2012, 05:56:51 PM »
Ok, I'm all done I don't think I was able to do the career challenge last year so this was new to me.  I also tried some careers I've never done before.  Altogether it was a learning experience I really enjoyed.

Houses= $996,924

Careers= 11 = 1.10 + 1.00 = 2.10

Total= $2,093,540

Offline mismck

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Townie
« Reply #228 on: February 08, 2012, 07:20:32 PM »
Well, I only made it to Week 11, Day 3 and then I had a pretty fatal glitch  :'(
I tried absolutely everything: I Googled, searched Carl's forums, searched other forums, all to no avail. In the end, I basically wiped my entire system and so I am submitting my score as of where I had to stop.
This was an awesome challenge! Thanks Metro!!!

House Values: §1,097,987
Careers: 11
Total: §2,305,772

jigglepig

« Reply #229 on: February 10, 2012, 10:17:12 AM »
Hello! Trying my first challenge, having a blast, although was confused like a lot of people over some of the rules.

Anyway, I'm not a serious contender for the leaderboard, but, what happens if one of your sims dies? (electrocution accident - lag meant I didn't know the electrocution was happening and cued up another interaction on the tv which then couldn't cancel out of)

Can't go back to a previous save now even if this had been allowed, but, am I allowed to try and bring the ghost of this sim back, and ...can't even remember what happens with playable ghosts but...can I pursue further careers with her if I can get her back? Or at least use her item quotas if I can get her back (or maybe even if I can't?!) I looked in general challenge rules I thought maybe the challenge is over if a key challenge sim dies but couldn't find anything. For now I have continued with my other sim and the Oh my ghost opportunity hasn't come up yet.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #230 on: February 10, 2012, 10:31:11 AM »
Hello! Trying my first challenge, having a blast, although was confused like a lot of people over some of the rules.

Anyway, I'm not a serious contender for the leaderboard, but, what happens if one of your sims dies? (electrocution accident - lag meant I didn't know the electrocution was happening and cued up another interaction on the tv which then couldn't cancel out of)

Can't go back to a previous save now even if this had been allowed, but, am I allowed to try and bring the ghost of this sim back, and ...can't even remember what happens with playable ghosts but...can I pursue further careers with her if I can get her back? Or at least use her item quotas if I can get her back (or maybe even if I can't?!) I looked in general challenge rules I thought maybe the challenge is over if a key challenge sim dies but couldn't find anything. For now I have continued with my other sim and the Oh my ghost opportunity hasn't come up yet.

If a Sim dies, you cannot go back to a precious save. That is cheating because we're not talking about a bug/glitch where i would allow that action. However, as long as you're not opening the cheats panel, you're free to bring her back.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #231 on: February 10, 2012, 04:43:21 PM »
Trudy Mover and Conrad Shaker lived in houses worth a total of $3,441,106. They completed 18 careers for a multiple of 2.8.

Total score = 9,635,096.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline iCastl

• Queen of the Wild things
  • Townie
  • Stay gold Ponyboy.
« Reply #232 on: February 11, 2012, 08:47:19 AM »
Blair and Charles managed to reach the top of 10 careers (multiplier of 2.0) and lived in a total house worth of 1,237,025.

Tscore: 2,474,050
Sometimes love is not enough and road gets tough I don't know why.

Offline smastbrook

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #233 on: February 12, 2012, 10:57:31 AM »
Whew. I'm glad this one is over.

Houses: $827,920

Career Caps: 10

Final Score: $827,920 X 2.0 = $1,655,840

Offline Cugi-terl

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #234 on: February 12, 2012, 11:44:46 AM »
Really enjoyed this challenge, would have said its my favourite, but the last few sim weeks were so stressful that I'm just glad to have it done with.
Either way it was great, and helped me get over my fear of moving, I remember in Sims 2 it was so tedious to move :D

Now for my results:
Total value of houses: 522,137
Total career caps hit 7 (Despite my best efforts)
Final score: 522,137 x 1.7 = 887, 632

Precious5881

« Reply #235 on: February 13, 2012, 11:45:27 AM »
After this is over, I'd like to hear about the guy's strategy that got 23 careers as well.  This website, http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/careers/ shows 23 careers which would mean he capped them all in 12 weeks time.. Cooking alone in practice took me till week 5.  And that's without giving my sim a break.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #236 on: February 13, 2012, 03:10:22 PM »
As far as I am aware there are twenty six careers in the Sims 3. Music,criminal and police all have two branches.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Precious5881

« Reply #237 on: February 13, 2012, 03:31:18 PM »
I forgot about those, but still.  I'm practicing again and I'm at week 3 and my sculptor and painter are only level 7.  To max out 23 careers/professions that would mean he/she maxed out a career/profession per week for both sims and somehow threw in another one.  We aren't allowed to use static needs via mailbox are we?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #238 on: February 13, 2012, 03:38:53 PM »
I forgot about those, but still.  I'm practicing again and I'm at week 3 and my sculptor and painter are only level 7.  To max out 23 careers/professions that would mean he/she maxed out a career/profession per week for both sims and somehow threw in another one.  We aren't allowed to use static needs via mailbox are we?

No. And this is not the time to speculate on what the current leader did. All will be revealed later.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #239 on: February 13, 2012, 04:22:12 PM »
I counted 30 careers, and I think 23 would be doable. Insane, but doable.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.