Author Topic: Career Caps and New Digs  (Read 61370 times)

Offline Wench

• Llama Wrangler
    • Living Vicariously Through Sims
Re: Career Caps and New Digs
« Reply #240 on: February 13, 2012, 04:47:26 PM »
I forgot about those, but still.  I'm practicing again and I'm at week 3 and my sculptor and painter are only level 7.  To max out 23 careers/professions that would mean he/she maxed out a career/profession per week for both sims and somehow threw in another one.  We aren't allowed to use static needs via mailbox are we?

I didn't complete this challenge as my game bugged out irretrievably, but I had about 3 pages of notes on my desk of planning the way I was going to go about it.  Its definitely one you need to think through and do a bit of research on before attempting, but keep practising and new ideas will come to you for when you try the real thing.  I guess it wouldn't be a challenge if it was easy!

I daren't say more than that for fear of accidentally giving strategy tips, but good luck!

I might actually do it again just for myself to see what score I would have got with my plans  :-X

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #241 on: February 13, 2012, 10:37:30 PM »
I counted 30 careers, and I think 23 would be doable. Insane, but doable.

I'm on track for 24 IF I can get everything I want to do done. And yes, it's insane the amount of micromanaging I'm having to do.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline annieb

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #242 on: February 13, 2012, 11:08:54 PM »
Houses: 2,922,354
Careers: 15

2,922,354 x 2.5 = 7,305,885

Offline drift9999

• Townie
« Reply #243 on: February 14, 2012, 04:39:31 AM »
I counted 30 careers, and I think 23 would be doable. Insane, but doable.

I'm pretty sure 25 is just about squeezable, though it would require a near flawless run and plenty of micromanaging.
I went a safer route and didn't shoot for all of them, though.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #244 on: February 14, 2012, 10:56:52 AM »
2 things I want to make clear after receiving a couple different PMs —

1. First of all, part time careers DO NOT count towards the multiplier. Only full length careers and professions (daycare profession is considered full length)

2. Second, I have already stated that you can take objects you purchase for your 4 item limit with you to another house. So, let's say you buy a nice fridge for house #1. You can pack it up and move it to house #2. You can still buy 4 more objects for house #2, but remember that you are limited to placing/changing 4 objects per house. In other words you cannot plop down 20 expensive objects at the last house. It's still 4.

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
  • Has entered city planning mode
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
« Reply #245 on: February 14, 2012, 11:29:26 AM »
2. Second, I have already stated that you can take objects you purchase for your 4 item limit with you to another house. So, let's say you buy a nice fridge for house #1. You can pack it up and move it to house #2. You can still buy 4 more objects for house #2, but remember that you are limited to placing/changing 4 objects per house. In other words you cannot plop down 20 expensive objects at the last house. It's still 4.

I must say that this is a bit of a surprise and not exactly what I had understood in fact. I've almost reached the half point in my challenge, and I think I'll have to check closely what I did.

Just to be crystal clear, if I take your example:
  • In house #2, if I place the fridge from house #1, I can only place 3 other objects among the 4 they have bought in that second house.
  • Or, if I place the 4 new objects they have bought in house #2, I can't place the fridge from house #1 anymore.
Follow me @ RETICULATED PLUMBOBS and Happy Simming!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #246 on: February 14, 2012, 11:34:36 AM »
I must say that this is a bit of a surprise and not exactly what I had understood in fact. I've almost reached the half point in my challenge, and I think I'll have to check closely what I did.

Just to be crystal clear, if I take your example:
  • In house #2, if I place the fridge from house #1, I can only place 3 other objects among the 4 they have bought in that second house.
  • Or, if I place the 4 new objects they have bought in house #2, I can't place the fridge from house #1 anymore.

Both are correct, Bella. You can buy 4 objects per house, but you are also restricted to placing/changing 4 things in each lot. So, yes, if you carry things over with you you will accumulate quite a few items, but you're still tied to changing only 4 things per house.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
« Reply #247 on: February 14, 2012, 11:39:18 AM »
Ok, thanks.

but you're still tied to changing only 4 things per house.

Is it only 4 items during the whole time they spent in a said house, or 4 items at any moment?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #248 on: February 14, 2012, 11:45:42 AM »
Ok, thanks.

Is it only 4 items during the whole time they spent in a said house, or 4 items at any moment?

Well, the way I interpret it is it's 4 items per house. Period. So, you need to make choices as to what those will be for your entire duration in a given house. Ugh. I wish I could restart this one for everyone. I'd make it simpler. I feel bad with the confusion and I point the finger right at yours truly.

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
« Reply #249 on: February 14, 2012, 12:02:43 PM »
No prob' Metro. I'll do a step by step check of my 4 items/ house tomorrow morning, I think I need a clear mind for that :D

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #250 on: February 14, 2012, 02:07:17 PM »
What I found helpful was having two lines of checkmarks next to each house, one line for items bought and one line for items placed:

House 3  x   x                       bought          $28,396
               x   x   x   x             placed
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #251 on: February 14, 2012, 02:13:28 PM »
MarianT — Awesome suggestion!

Offline Wench

• Llama Wrangler
    • Living Vicariously Through Sims
« Reply #252 on: February 14, 2012, 06:35:14 PM »
Well, the way I interpret it is it's 4 items per house. Period. So, you need to make choices as to what those will be for your entire duration in a given house. Ugh. I wish I could restart this one for everyone. I'd make it simpler. I feel bad with the confusion and I point the finger right at yours truly.

Don't feel bad, Metro. This one seems to have grown a whole lot of new complications as it went along.  You're good, but I don't think even you could have forseen all of the twists this one has taken  :P

jigglepig

« Reply #253 on: February 15, 2012, 08:26:47 AM »
Hi - the latest clarifications about items per house and placement have cleared up a few things for me that I was confused about and I haven't been 'doing it right' all the way along in my current one so am I allowed to start a new one? (If I can get one done.) I think it is now pretty crystal clear to me what the rules are and I would enjoy doing the challenge knowing I was doing it properly!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #254 on: February 15, 2012, 01:53:02 PM »
Hi - the latest clarifications about items per house and placement have cleared up a few things for me that I was confused about and I haven't been 'doing it right' all the way along in my current one so am I allowed to start a new one? (If I can get one done.) I think it is now pretty crystal clear to me what the rules are and I would enjoy doing the challenge knowing I was doing it properly!

Of course, go ahead and restart if you misunderstood the rules before. That goes for anyone too.