Author Topic: Career Caps and New Digs  (Read 60651 times)

Chuckles_82

Re: Career Caps and New Digs
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2011, 09:38:08 PM »
What about collectibles you find?

Sportsfan

« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2011, 10:02:27 PM »
What about collectibles you find?
Still would count.

And metro I'm confused now. So we can't build on community lots that we buy (like Stoney falls)?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2011, 10:16:08 PM »
And metro I'm confused now. So we can't build on community lots that we buy (like Stoney falls)?

Read rule #9. It's global.

Sportsfan

« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2011, 10:27:16 PM »
I understand for residential lots but I don't get why it's banned for community lots. Is it just to make your life easier metro? Lol

Chuckles_82

« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2011, 11:58:28 PM »
I think it's because it would be very easy to make a 'home away from home' once you owned one of those lots, and buy all the stuff you want. Although ultimately, after some testing, I really don't see that it would be that much of a help anyway.

As for collecting, can our sims collect things but not place or sell them? Some things are needed for opportunities (sorry to push the issue - but they were allowed in the previous challenge)  and can be used in careers.

What about wedding presents and gifts recieved as celebrities? Are we free to sell them? (or place them as one of our 4 items)

Are we allowed to sell stuff that we steal?

What do we do with career rewards?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2011, 07:56:12 AM »
As for collecting, can our sims collect things but not place or sell them? Some things are needed for opportunities (sorry to push the issue - but they were allowed in the previous challenge)  and can be used in careers.

Collecting is not covered in the rules, so you can do it.

What about wedding presents and gifts recieved as celebrities? Are we free to sell them? (or place them as one of our 4 items)

You're free to sell them. Items placed must be items that you buy. Those do not qualify.

Are we allowed to sell stuff that we steal?

It's not covered in the rules, so you can do it. And this question should not have been asked because you're placing ideas in player's heads of possibly what to do. I have deleted entire posts of yours before, Chuckles. Please think before you put something in a challenge thread. 

What do we do with career rewards?

I thought that was already covered in the rules. Rewards have to stay in Family inventory.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2011, 03:47:25 PM »

I thought that was already covered in the rules. Rewards have to stay in Family inventory.

Whoops my bad. I was thinking of LTR

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Simykee

« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2011, 10:18:06 AM »
How about baits for fishing?  We have to buy them from the grocery store, does that count towards the 2 items/sim ?  i know consumables are exceptional, but since baits are not use for consuming, i had to ask to be sure.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2011, 12:42:56 PM »
How about baits for fishing?  We have to buy them from the grocery store, does that count towards the 2 items/sim ?  i know consumables are exceptional, but since baits are not use for consuming, i had to ask to be sure.

Yeah, I had not thought about that, but you're still buying something from the grocery store, so yes, it needs to count.

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2011, 07:14:37 PM »
For clarification, any veggies we buy at the store are just for eating, to garden or fish we would need to acquire them in another fashion?
Cynthia

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2011, 09:35:06 AM »
For clarification, any veggies we buy at the store are just for eating, to garden or fish we would need to acquire them in another fashion?

To garden or fish you can acquire needed items however you want. But, you just need to remember the rule for 2 purchased items per house.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2011, 09:44:35 AM »
So if you wanted to catch an alley catfish you would have to grow the cheese to use as bait as opposed to just buying a big ol lump of cheddar at the store.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2011, 10:47:53 AM »
So if you wanted to catch an alley catfish you would have to grow the cheese to use as bait as opposed to just buying a big ol lump of cheddar at the store.

Rachel

It does seem kind of stupid, doesn't it? Hmmmm...Let me lighten things up a bit. (Runs off to the rule set....)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2011, 10:49:12 AM »
Does that mean we can plant a garden? I had the impression that would go against the rule of placing things in houses.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2011, 11:04:28 AM »
Does that mean we can plant a garden? I had the impression that would go against the rule of placing things in houses.

Okay, things are getting too confusing and there are too many question. What if I changed this...

• Each Sim may only buy 2 items per house. That’s 2 total items from any source — Buy mode, grocery store, Pet store, consignment store, Lifetime Happiness Rewards (those that can be placed/used) and World Adventures vendors. Exceptions to the 2 items rule:
  • Consumables (recipes, musical scores), fishing bait, and
  • Consumables must be used up by moving time or put in inventory).
  • Nothing in any house or on any lot can be changed/moved with the exception of the two items each Sim can buy.

To this...

• Each Sim may only buy 2 items from Buy Mode.
  • Nothing in any house or on any lot can be changed/moved with the exception of the two items each Sim can buy from Buy Mode.

If I did that would that be easier to understand or would it cause more confusion? The restriction per Sim would simply be items you purchase from Buy Mode. You can acquire/purchase anything else you want via any means, but the key is that 2nd rule — you cannot change anything in your homes or lots except for those 2 (4 total) items from Buy Mode.

Remember, do not provide feedback that hints at any kind of strategy.