Author Topic: Career Caps and New Digs  (Read 61356 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Career Caps and New Digs
« Reply #75 on: January 04, 2012, 08:53:37 AM »
So,I suppose that ambrosia and cowplant is not covered in the rules.So we can do that righty? ;D

If it's not specifically banned and you're not opening up the cheats panel, you don't even need to ask.

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
« Reply #76 on: January 04, 2012, 01:19:55 PM »
I don't know if this falls under the "Metro, can I do X?" rule, but can the beginning two Sims start with relationships such as boyfriend and girlfriend?
Check out my new story here!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
  • Has entered city planning mode
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
« Reply #77 on: January 04, 2012, 01:54:04 PM »
I don't know if this falls under the "Metro, can I do X?" rule, but can the beginning two Sims start with relationships such as boyfriend and girlfriend?

Yep. I think the exact answer is:
If it's not specifically banned and you're not opening up the cheats panel, you don't even need to ask.
;)

Good luck with your challenge.
Follow me @ RETICULATED PLUMBOBS and Happy Simming!

Offline Noocherenee

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #78 on: January 04, 2012, 01:54:41 PM »
Okay I am majorly corn-fused :) 

I understand each sim is allowed 2 items from buy mode.  But if your leveling up logic are you allowed to buy books to keep on your person, also cookbooks and other items to that nature?

Secondly if your sims has a fire, the insurance will replace the objects without entering buymode.  Are you allowed to use the insurance replacement?

I don't understand about the editing the house.  I get that we can't move anything or buy anything from buymode (except the 2 item each limit).  But there are stores to buy things at, if we buy an object to use and not place in the house does it or doesn't it count?

Right now I am just practicing this challenge until I know for sure I am doing the challenge correctly :)

Thanks   

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
« Reply #79 on: January 04, 2012, 02:20:57 PM »
... are you allowed to buy books ... cookbooks and other items to that nature?
Stuff that goes into Sims' personal inventory (the backpack) is not covered by the rules = allowed.

Secondly if your sims has a fire, the insurance will replace the objects without entering buymode.  Are you allowed to use the insurance replacement?
Rule says:
  • Nothing in any house or on any lot can be changed/moved with the exception of the two items each Sim can buy from Buy Mode.
For me this means that if you wanted to replace those objects, you'd need to count them in the limited 2 items/Sims/house. Let see what's Metro's opinion on the question.

I don't understand about the editing the house.  I get that we can't move anything or buy anything from buymode (except the 2 item each limit).  But there are stores to buy things at, if we buy an object to use and not place in the house does it or doesn't it count? 
A similar question was asked on page 3, see post here. Answer is:
"we can buy as many of those items as we want... But we can never place them because we don't buy them in Buy mode, but at a register."

Good luck with your challenge.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #80 on: January 04, 2012, 02:33:13 PM »
    • Nothing in any house or on any lot can be changed/moved with the exception of the two items each Sim can buy from Buy Mode.
    For me this means that if you wanted to replace those objects, you'd need to count them in the limited 2 items/Sims/house. Let see what's Metro's opinion on the question.

In the case of items replaced in the event of a fire, I disagree, and a player should get a free pass. You're really not changing anything. Items replaced will be identical to those lost in the fire, so you're simply bringing the house back to what it was pre-fire.[/list]

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
      • Reticulated Plumbobs
    « Reply #81 on: January 04, 2012, 02:44:19 PM »
    Thanks for the quick response. I had a feeling I was a bit too strict on this point... ::)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
    • Watcher
    « Reply #82 on: January 04, 2012, 02:49:44 PM »
    Thanks for the quick response. I had a feeling I was a bit too strict on this point... ::)

Well, this may be the very first time I've ever had to step in and disagree with one of your interpretations. That's a pretty good track record.  ;)

Offline Noocherenee

• Llama Wrangler
    « Reply #83 on: January 04, 2012, 03:08:14 PM »
    Thanks for the quick responses.  I understand now. This challenge is going to be tough :)

Sportsfan

« Reply #84 on: January 04, 2012, 07:02:30 PM »
    Aww bellaclo your streak is over ;(

@Noocherenee: if you don't have any fires you won't have to worry about that.

Offline Catarra Nightshade

• I got Cat class...
    • Townie
    • And I got Cat style!
    « Reply #85 on: January 04, 2012, 11:04:05 PM »
    I know this question has been asked, but the responses have left me more confused each time. Objects bought from WA, such as the nectar maker, training dummy, or the treasure chest...do they count toward our 2 item limit and can be used/placed? Or we can buy them, but we have to leave them in the inventory, in which case they do not count toward our 2 item limit? I purchased a treasure chest with intentions of making it one of my 2 purchases. Did I make a mistake?

Daemo

« Reply #86 on: January 05, 2012, 12:22:52 AM »
    "we can buy as many of those items as we want... But we can never place them because we don't buy them in Buy mode, but at a register."

I am seeing so much persecution of the rules that I have now become quite confused and I was doing fine before.  You say that we can purchase items from stores but they can never be placed on the lot.  I think there has to be an exception to the nectar maker.  If you ban placing the nectar maker as one of your 2 items, then you are essentially cutting off nectar making as a career and I don't think that this goes along with the spirit of the tournament round.  I would say that all careers have to be an option of play.  I can understand that a nectar maker would need to sell all bottles of nectar straight from the inventory and not store them on the property grounds. 

I would think that if you buy a machine or something that has to be placed to used from a register, then it should be allowed to be used as one of your 2 items that you purchase and place on the lot.  It's each to say buy mode items/items from registers that must be placed in order to be used.  Training dummy, block breaker, tents, fortune cookie maker, nectar maker are all things that must be placed in order to use, so they should be able to be counted among the 2 things your sim can buy.

Perhaps it might be easier to make the rule that you can buy anything you want from anywhere but you can only buy 4 placeable objects per house, once you buy something that has to be placed in order to use, you have used 1 of your 4, and then just clarify that gardening is planting things not placing them.

I'm not sure if there is too much information in this post but I feel it was something that had to be posted and have a ruling from the judge.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
    • Watcher
    • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
    « Reply #87 on: January 05, 2012, 07:28:14 AM »
    @ Daemo, At this point, it's unlikely that Metro will change the rules because the challenge has already started.

The discussion about fires brought up another question. My impression is that items stolen or repossessed cannot be replaced without counting against your 4-item total, but I could be wrong.

When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
    • Watcher
    « Reply #88 on: January 05, 2012, 09:52:34 AM »
    I've thought about it a little more and I'm amending a rule to allow the 2 allowed bought items to also include items from a register. I know it's late in the game and I apologize for that. If this totally changes someone's strategy and you have already begun, then you have my blessing to restart. Please check the edited rule so you're clear.

Sarah_n07

« Reply #89 on: January 05, 2012, 10:17:02 AM »
    I've thought about it a little more and I'm amending a rule to allow the 2 allowed bought items to also include items from a register. I know it's late in the game and I apologize for that. If this totally changes someone's strategy and you have already begun, then you have my blessing to restart. Please check the edited rule so you're clear.
    I'm so happy I haven't started yet  ;D