Author Topic: Career Caps and New Digs  (Read 60667 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Career Caps and New Digs
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2011, 04:50:36 PM »
So each sim gets to purchase two items per house = 4 items total.  Do these items have to stay with the house when they move, or do they get to keep them for the next house?

I specifically did not make a ruling on that. Short answer = your choice.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2011, 05:12:00 PM »
Why thank you, sir, you are too kind  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Sportsfan

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2011, 10:28:56 PM »
If you leave behind cooking ingredients does those count against your 4 items? (do they even count for the house's value?)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2011, 10:45:42 PM »
If you leave behind cooking ingredients does those count against your 4 items? (do they even count for the house's value?)

No, they do not count.

Sportsfan

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2011, 10:51:30 PM »
No, they do not count.
Okay. That's probably a good thing cause if they did count for the houses value I see an easy exploit.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2011, 11:07:01 PM »
Bought food items are obviously for recipes needed to eat in that house. That's what I was saying "No, they do not count" to -- they do not count against your 4 items. I'll clarify.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2011, 07:13:15 AM »
Quote:   Any reward object must always remain in family or personal inventory.

I'm assuming this would include wedding presents. This brings up another question regarding lifetime rewards. Some can be used when in personal inventory -- would those be among the 4 objects your 2 sims can buy?
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2011, 08:03:14 AM »
Quote:   Any reward object must always remain in family or personal inventory.

I'm assuming this would include wedding presents. This brings up another question regarding lifetime rewards. Some can be used when in personal inventory -- would those be among the 4 objects your 2 sims can buy?

Any Lifetime Happiness Reward that is an object that can be placed/used must be counted as one of the 4 objects — i.e. the Collection Helper or Transporter. I'll clarify. Thanks for bringing this up.

Offline NancyJ

• Immortal
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2011, 02:19:17 PM »
I already know what my first 4 items are going to be heh. Way more relaxed than last year, we were only allowed 1 item and it had to stay with the house!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2011, 07:08:04 AM »
    I got a PM from someone and needed to straighten out the following rule:

• Any reward object must always remain in family or personal inventory. This does not apply to Lifetime Happiness Rewards chosen as one of your Sims' bought items.

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2011, 09:11:03 AM »
No, you can definitely do thing like painting, sculpting, inventing, writing, etc — but none of the end products can be placed in your home or left in your home. They all need to be sold. Otherwise, you'd be violating the "changing" of the house/lot rule. What I'm trying to force players to do is deal with whatever a house/lot has initially and not make any changes at all (except for the 2 allotted items bought).

Could we place them in inventory instead of selling them? This would not add to the lot value.

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2011, 03:00:08 PM »
If one of the bought items is an improvement on an item already included in the house can it be placed in the old item's space and the old item sold or inventoried?  Or do we have to put it somewhere else, and the original stays where it is?
Cynthia

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2011, 03:51:51 PM »
Could we place them in inventory instead of selling them? This would not add to the lot value.

That's fine. Keeping track of items you carry over house to house might get confusing though if you throw in items you make.

If one of the bought items is an improvement on an item already included in the house can it be placed in the old item's space and the old item sold or inventoried?  Or do we have to put it somewhere else, and the original stays where it is?

If any of your 4 allowed items is an improvement to existing item, that's fine. Put them right where the original item was and sell the original.

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2011, 10:20:10 PM »
Can we buy real estate?  And if so does that count toward the 2 item limit for each sim?
Cynthia

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2011, 07:17:33 AM »
Can we buy real estate?  And if so does that count toward the 2 item limit for each sim?

No restrictions on real estate investments. They do not fall within the parameters of why the 2 item limit was set up.