Author Topic: Ark Builder Question  (Read 23544 times)

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
Ark Builder Question
« on: November 11, 2011, 09:56:34 AM »
Very simple: for the Ark Builder LTW, do animals acquired over a lifetime count, or must they all be in the sim's household simultaneously?

Dellena

Re: Ark Builder Question
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 10:27:42 AM »
I'm not certain but I attained it when the Sim had possession of all of them.  My guess is it would have to be all at the same time.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 08:30:47 PM »
Metro wrote the article for this Lifetime Wish.  Maybe it will help.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 09:12:41 PM »
I did go there first, but I was still left with my question.  It makes sense that if you do have them all simultaneously it would fulfill the wish.  However, I was kind of hoping to make a sim have more than just two horses, meaning she couldn't also have two dogs and two cats at the same time.  I guess I'll continue to look, or just try it out and see what happens.   :)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2011, 01:37:02 AM »
I haven't tested it, but my guess is that you'll need them all at the same time.  Let us know if you find out differently.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

loveSims

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2011, 12:43:20 PM »
I have fufilled the wish. I did have all the animals on the lot. It is very easy, just buy two of every kind og animal cage and stock them. I did first adopt two of every other animal before I do it, otherwise your sim will have to feed them contantly.

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2011, 02:54:18 PM »
That's very odd.  I tried two versions of what you said, loveSims.  First I made a sim with two horses, two dogs and two cats and gave him two of each minor pet cage and had him stock them.  This did not fulfill the LTW.

Then I gave a different sim (same LTW) two of each cage, had them stock them and then adopt two of each: horses, cats and dogs.  This also did not fulfill the wish.  I really thought this would, given how easy the Animal Rescuer LTW is.

The only way I was able to fulfill the wish was the old fashioned way: I did adopt six pets (seven, actually, as I was testing out my original question) and then spent nine days searching for the minor pets necessary to fill the terrariums.

As for my original question, my test says that yes, they must be owned simultaneously.  I adopted two dogs and then gave one back before adopting my final horse.  Having owned two dogs wasn't sufficient.  Only when I adopted a third dog, bringing the current household number to two, did the wish complete.  Unlike Metro's versions, I didn't teach any of my pets to hunt.  I fed them in the morning and left them at home with a butler to look after them.  My sim spent the rest of the day searching for minor pets.  At first I collected anything and everything and sold it.  By the end, I just collected gems and of course the minor pets.

I've also come to suspect there's a hierarchy of minor pets and their difficulty to find.  Might finding them be a hidden skill?  Birds are easiest, then turtles.  Both of these appear right away when you start looking, though birds in larger numbers than turtles.  Rodents were next.  I had to capture several rodents before I saw my first snake.  The same was true with snakes before I caught sight of my first lizard.  Birds, turtles, rodents, snakes, lizards.  Any remotely flat, large space is likely to contain a spawner, I found.  Never did I find a minor pet on uneven terrain.  I never found two of the same kind close together, but anywhere from 1/3 to 1/2 of my discoveries were followed by the discovery of another minor pet of a different species close by.

All in all, it took nine sim days, or about a morning of playing. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
Ark Builder LTW question
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2012, 11:36:50 AM »
Does anyone know whether a person trying to satisfy this LTW must own all the animals at once, or can he or she put some up for adoption and then acquire others?

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
Re: Ark Builder LTW question
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2012, 11:43:01 AM »
It's all at once.  I tried this when Pets first came out.  I got a dog, then put it up for adoption and acquired the rest of the animals.  The lifetime wish wasn't fulfilled until I had had two of each simultaneously.

More info here.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2012, 11:56:59 AM »
Oops, I didn't realize this had already been asked.  Thanks for responding anyway.

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2012, 11:59:11 AM »
No worries.  If I hadn't known I'd done it, I wouldn't have gone back to page eight or 10 to find it, either.   :)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2012, 10:14:14 PM »
I'll merge the two threads.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

fredemar

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2012, 04:30:24 PM »
Wow, I adopted my horses, dogs and cats. Searched the neigbhourhood for the smaller other pets, put them all in the cages and such they belong in, even the butterflies and beetles. And still, my sim's wish does not get fulfilled. Am I missing something specific?

edit: is it my sims WITH the wish who needs to do the adopting and/or the catching of the animals?

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2012, 04:44:53 PM »
No, I wouldn't think it would need to be that particular sim with the Ark Builder wish who did the adoption for the major pets or the catching for the minor pets.  I would but those beetles and butterflies back in the sim's inventory, though.  I don't know if that would make a difference, but when I completed this wish after getting info here, that's what I did.

Several patches and an expansion pack have come out since this topic was started; I hope it's all still the same.

fredemar

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2012, 07:58:07 AM »
It worked! Thanks :D. Thought that maybe the lifetime wish would dissapear, but I just randomly got the points :D

anything