Author Topic: Voodoo Doll - Premium Item Coming Soon  (Read 6732 times)

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
Re: Voodoo Doll - Premium Item Coming Soon
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2011, 11:54:01 PM »
I don't remember getting a doll after helping the witch doctor in the Sims 2.  Maybe it's time I played again.  I loved that cowplant.  I hope they make some llamas for the game soon.
Cynthia

Leto85

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2011, 09:31:29 AM »
Hey, you have nothing to worry about. But I also have a real cristal ball that I use only on Halloween when I do seances to contact the dead.
In University I studied "Alternative Medicines" which included WitchDoctors; Vodoo; Cannabalism; etc. These wee the ancient ways of curing disease. But; they can be used in other ways. Fascinating! Isn't it?

Fascinating in a historical way maybe. But it's stupid and obsolete when people still really believe in those things, the same counts for related affairs such as superstitious, destiny and fate conspiricies. Recently in Holland a guy died because of some 'alternative' medicines some witch lady had given him. She got prosecuted now.
Voodoo dolls in the sims 3 however can provide a lot of fun. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2011, 12:23:27 PM »
Fascinating in a historical way maybe. But it's stupid and obsolete when people still really believe in those things, the same counts for related affairs such as superstitious, destiny and fate conspiricies. Recently in Holland a guy died because of some 'alternative' medicines some witch lady had given him. She got prosecuted now.
Voodoo dolls in the sims 3 however can provide a lot of fun. :)

Exactly, in a historical and cultural way. I had a patient who came into the hospital with garlic strung around her neck. The family (newly arrived immigrants) said she was acting weird, so they put the garlic around her neck. So, I sent off a toxicology blood test and we found she had high levels of opium. Having taken a minor degree in anthropology, I was suspicious of how their cultural beliefs played into their way of life.
I used the cristal ball to scare my children's friends on Halloween. I had my husband answering questions from another room during the seances.

anything