Author Topic: Union Cove - The Forum's World  (Read 352890 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Union Cove - The Forum's World
« Reply #315 on: January 03, 2012, 11:25:33 AM »
I'm a definite fan of having all the skill books all at the Blue Fire Cafe. My sim went there to check it out and gained a few levels in Gardening.  ;)

There are? Lol, that was unplanned. I suppose it could be that I don't actually know which bookcase that is that has skill books in.  8)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #316 on: January 03, 2012, 11:28:42 AM »
Can I just say, that the house Lilygirl's simself lives in, is so beautiful! The landscaping is just ingenious.

Thanks Gogo! I wanted to do something different than what I thought almost everyone else would do for the mega-rich section of town. So, I built a beautiful Colonial mansion and then figuratively dropped a meteor on it! Landscaping is definitely not my strongest point and this lot took too many hours to count, but I really like how it turned out. I actually had to go back and take out some 75% of the plants on the lot because the loading time was exhausting!
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Keyz

« Reply #317 on: January 03, 2012, 01:26:36 PM »
I have solved this Error 12 for 32-bit systems.

It is memory problem so it is my mistake  >:(

[/u]

Problem: When i saw report from System Explorer i discovered that maximum RAM used in time was about 2.1GB RAM,  so more than 2GB.TS3W.exe can use more than 2GB, but  32-bit system is set tu use 2GB for system process and 2GB for applications. I guess that was the problem. 2GB RAM for applications was reach and that cause error code 12 in sims 3.

I added this "/3GB /USERVA=XXXX"  to boot.ini file and change the default settigs of RAM usage to XXXXMB for applications and rest  for system process .After this i tested SIMS 3 with virtual memory set to: 4989MB-4989MB without problem.I tested the SIMS 3 with virtual memory set to: off so RAM was used more and again withou problem.I both cases  maximum RAM used in time was mored than 2GB.
So i guess that Error 12 is solved for 32-bit systems if you have enough RAM.

Note:If you use incorrec value for /USERVA=XXXX , it may cause graphical anomalies in games.I used /USERVA=2800 and in some games i had graphical anomalies.You have to use value so that RAM which left for the system will be greater than RAM of your Graphic Card.
I have GTX 260 896MB and 4GB RAM.When i right click on My Computer, than left click on preferences i can see that i can use only 3,25GB.So i set /USERVA=2200. 3,25GB-2GB=1,25GB-200MB=1,05GB which is more than 896MB on my Graphic Card.I have 200MB more for applications and still have 1GB RAM for system.
This 200MB have eliminated Error 12 on my PC.

I do not know why this have to be exactly like this, but it works! I do not havy any graphical anomalies so far.

+ For less lags you should Turn off: Virtual memory and set DisablePagingExecutive=1
You can set DisablePagingExecutive in Windows Registry [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management] -> double clic on  DisablePagingExecutive  and set value to 1.
Restart PC and system will not use paging.

After restart check [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management]
LargeSystemCache.It should be set to 0. If not set it to 0. And restart.

This two things will provide less lags,swaps caused by HDD activity and paging from RAM when playing.I did quick test and it helped alot. :)

This is exact guide for windows xp -32 bit.If you have different system, you should check what this pararamets exacly does in your system and where they are located. What i check it is almost the same :)

And ofcourse you should have enought RAM for this tweak.

Source:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc959492.aspx
http://technet.microsoft.com/cs-cz/library/cc784562(WS.10).aspx

-----------------------------------------------------------
Some data:
I was testing on some of the largest lot in neiborhood.I guess it is the lot where live 2 SIMS and about 7 cats?!
Settings:

Test one:
Virtual memory set: 4989MB-4989MB
TS3W.exe about 1.5GB
Max RAM used about 2.1 GB

Test two:
Virtual memory set: off
TS3W.exe 1.7
Max RAM used about 2.2 GB

------------------------------------------
My HW and mods:
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3,00 GHz
Nvidia GTX 260 896MB, Driver Version 285.58
4 GB RAM ( I have 32-Bit system so i can use 3,25 GB)
Windows XP  SP3 32-bit

Mods:
+UnionCove installed via SIMS launcher

Source:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316739
http://blogs.technet.com/b/askperf/archive/2007/02/23/memory-management-101.aspx
http://blogs.technet.com/b/askperf/archive/2007/03/23/memory-management-demystifying-3gb.aspx

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #318 on: January 03, 2012, 01:40:37 PM »
Thank you Keyz, that is very detailed report! Just a little too detailed, as I had to remove the names of mods you mentioned. Please be more carefull in future as it is not allowed to name mods in this forum. Please read the forum rules for more information, link is in my signature.

About your test - it is great you find the solution! It means that those with more than 2 gb of RAM can change the settings in system and asign more than 2gb of  RAM to applications instead of limiting it on 2, and hopefully it would prevent the error 12.

Keyz

« Reply #319 on: January 03, 2012, 02:52:46 PM »
Thank you Keyz, that is very detailed report! Just a little too detailed, as I had to remove the names of mods you mentioned. Please be more carefull in future as it is not allowed to name mods in this forum. Please read the forum rules for more information, link is in my signature.

About your test - it is great you find the solution! It means that those with more than 2 gb of RAM can change the settings in system and asign more than 2gb of  RAM to applications instead of limiting it on 2, and hopefully it would prevent the error 12.
Sorry for mods names, i guess it might be important. If Error 12 is memory problem due low RAM it will help if you have 32-bit system.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #320 on: January 03, 2012, 04:32:05 PM »
My computer keeps saying I don't have all the items for the saved game. I just put in Pets today and haven't tried again after trying 3 times before. I thought it was supposed to be compatible with even the base game?

Before you ask; I have a

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #321 on: January 03, 2012, 04:53:42 PM »
Before you ask; I have a

Lost your train of thought, there, MoMoll? ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #322 on: January 03, 2012, 05:05:42 PM »
There are? Lol, that was unplanned. I suppose it could be that I don't actually know which bookcase that is that has skill books in.  8)
The Book Corral and the one that has Glass have skill books at the library and you placed the glass one at the hangout and it had all the books! I was quite surprised!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #323 on: January 03, 2012, 05:11:40 PM »

There are four bookshelves that have the skill books.
The Book Coral, The Sturdy Gurdy Bookshelf (came with Pets), The Tower of Much Knowledge (a store item) and the Penningway Bookshelf.

Norma
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #324 on: January 03, 2012, 10:11:16 PM »
I have to say once again. This is a great world. You guys did a bang up job. the houses are WOW!  ;D  I've had one of my sims going around meeting everyone. I love the names of the houses and stories are truly one of kind. One of my favorite places to visit is The Ratcliff Hall Country Club. It is wonderful. Thank you once again for your time and efforts you have put into this project.

notsolucky

« Reply #325 on: January 03, 2012, 10:36:36 PM »
Someone got 3 trojan virus's from your world

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/485298.page

Mappin

« Reply #326 on: January 03, 2012, 11:15:47 PM »
Just want to add my four cents (inflation) about the awesome Union Cove! Beautiful, extremely well thought-out, and full of surprises. A target range and confidence course at the military base - very cool.  Hidden flame fruit and fantasy tree under a pond - fantastic. A fire station worthy of Beverly Hills - inspired. A pool in the ocean - awesome. The creativity put into all the houses - just jaw-dropping.

I have one of the beefy PCs that Carl mentioned in an earlier post and still see a bit of lag, but the trade off is completely worth it. Thank you to all who put in so many hours to bring us Union Cove! It's already brought me hours of enjoyment and will continue to do so for a long time.

PS - My first opportunity in Union Cove was to become friends with Carl Ratcliff.   

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #327 on: January 03, 2012, 11:26:41 PM »
Someone got 3 trojan virus's from your world

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/485298.page

Thank you for getting our attention. I posted there to helpfully quell the fears. Simply put, if we were distributing a virus, we would have known within hours of launch due to the number of our own community installing it. UC can bring a computer to its knees, but not that way...

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #328 on: January 04, 2012, 12:28:13 AM »
Mappin - thank you! We had so many ideas flowing around but had to gave up on some. I'm so happy to read reports like these! And isn't that appropriate opportunity LOL.

SdHoey - thank you! It was awesome to see how many great houses we have shared here in our community, and how many builders are keeping their quality outcome persistant! I'm happy that all of those builders were happy to share their work and become a part of UC.

notsolucky, thank you for pointing that out too! Of course, I'm confident that situation had nothing to do with our site or Union Cove, but thank you for letting us know.

Sportsfan

« Reply #329 on: January 04, 2012, 12:52:12 AM »
I dont feel comfortable posting this on the official forum but Hosfac's response about the "Trojan virus" was hilarious! (in a weird way). If you haven't read it you totally should! (page 2)

That being said don't worry about getting viruses when downloading this. It's not the file it's that guys computer that is the problem.

anything