Author Topic: Union Cove - The Forum's World  (Read 352895 times)

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
Union Cove - The Forum's World
« Reply #465 on: February 08, 2012, 10:12:49 AM »
Thanks, Ausette.  I'll try that next time. I moved my family to an empty lot they can afford and I'm building them a house there. A very simple house...I have trouble building - unlike you talented people.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
Union Cove - The Forum's World
« Reply #466 on: February 08, 2012, 12:13:54 PM »
Just a quick mention: I had quite a lagging problem but when I turned off mirror reflections, it disappeared. I'm sure it helps with other towns as well.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Union Cove - The Forum's World
« Reply #467 on: February 08, 2012, 04:37:06 PM »
Do you know when the next version of UC comes out? So far I just had trouble with objects in houses being placed to close together, so my sim couldn't get in a shower or near the stove, which isn't that big of a deal. Oh yeah I also saw the thing with the waterfall. For me sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Other then that I still think you guys did a great job! I'm having fun looking for seeds and stuff!

We're getting it done as soon as possible, we're fixing the issues as they come right now.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Sunnysabjes

• Occult
  • Insanely serious or seriously insane?
    • Deviant
« Reply #468 on: February 09, 2012, 05:04:23 AM »
We're getting it done as soon as possible, we're fixing the issues as they come right now.

Well good luck and no rush ;) I will keep playing this world and better taking some time and get most thing out, right. Sorry if it felt like I was rushing you guys.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #469 on: February 09, 2012, 05:52:09 PM »
This is a PM I received from a challenge player...

In Union Cove, there is a wastebasket blocking the entrance to the subway, making it impossible to play for tips there. You can't go into Build mode, so there's no way to add a subway to a property you're upgrading. You can't add a bar with a subway on its lot, because there are plenty of bars in Union Cove. You can't blow up the wastebasket (I've tried).

I am hoping this will be corrected asap given the challenge is over in two and a half weeks.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #470 on: February 09, 2012, 08:51:19 PM »
Try using "testingcheatsenabled true" to delete the wastebasket (cheats are allowed in the challenges if it it's to fix bugs, right?). We'll add that to the list of things to fix.

Offline Teacup Chihuahua

• Occult
« Reply #471 on: February 13, 2012, 06:23:49 AM »
Hi absolutely loving this World ,thank you so much to everyone who had a part in creating it  ;D I am trying to find a residential lot with the beautiful lot moodlet  does this world have any? x ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Mandier

« Reply #472 on: February 13, 2012, 06:40:00 PM »
I started my first dynasty in UC and so far I love it. I'm a bit lost sometimes but the characters my sims encounter are very funny.

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #473 on: February 14, 2012, 01:03:41 AM »
Hi forum,

A big thank you to all the people concerned who made this fabulous world.  I love it, it's enchanting.  I will say that I still consider myself a newbie even with over 2,000 hours of playing TS3.  My son, the computer geek, built my computer so I've no idea why everything works beautifully and super smooth... but it does...did.

I didn't have any problems with UC until last night.  Today it was still glitchy and resetSim didn't seem to rectify it so I hunted around and found the wild horse foal stuck in the little garden down the stairs at the ruins pond.  I have no idea how the foal got there but it was really really hungry and wouldn't let my Sim befriend it to feed it.  Can the foal not graze like the adult wild horses do?  I regret I had to delete it because I didn't know how else to move it.  Will this cause a problem with my game?

Also I've yet to find a pink diamond.  I'm guessing there must be some, but I've had the ultimate invention opportunity open for more than 2 sim weeks and not one has spawned in that time.   I've noted the sites where Tanzanite spawns because I've found these are often the pre-spawners for pink diamonds.  No such luck yet?

Can I ask, why are there no churches in the game?  Even if it were only a rabbithole.  Is religion just a big no-no.  I ask because it would be nice to have my Sims with a lovely church in the wedding photo.  I could pretty up the Mausoleum but that seems just creepy.

And Pam, you're the head honcho at the Bistro where my Sim's hubby works and my law enforcement Sim found tiberium in your bin.  By the way, Carl doesn't have a rubbish bin to rummage through, wonder why?. 

To reiterate, I really really love this world.   It's Bonzer!
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #474 on: February 14, 2012, 06:27:30 AM »
Can the foal not graze like the adult wild horses do?  I regret I had to delete it because I didn't know how else to move it.  Will this cause a problem with my game?

That is in a basement I suspect, was it the one with the fantasy tree in it? If so then Horses can only graze on terrain and grass. They wouldn't be able to graze down there as it is flooring from the basement under the flowers which can't be eaten I don't think. Not sure about the deleting, some say it does and others say it doesn't.

Also I've yet to find a pink diamond.  I'm guessing there must be some, but I've had the ultimate invention opportunity open for more than 2 sim weeks and not one has spawned in that time.   I've noted the sites where Tanzanite spawns because I've found these are often the pre-spawners for pink diamonds.  No such luck yet?

Pink Diamonds are very rare anyway, I have only ever found three in the wild. There are spawners for them in the World. If there are specific places Anushka will know.

Can I ask, why are there no churches in the game?  Even if it were only a rabbithole.  Is religion just a big no-no.  I ask because it would be nice to have my Sims with a lovely church in the wedding photo.  I could pretty up the Mausoleum but that seems just creepy.

Our Forum doesn't discuss Religion as this Forum is open to anyone who plays The Sims 3. So naturally we did not include any as the Forum was producing the World and it would be contradictory to do so. It's up to each player what they do with their game but we decided to keep any Religion out of our World.

A big thank you to all the people concerned who made this fabulous world.  I love it, it's enchanting. 

I'm glad you are loving it, it's so great for people to just make the effort to stop by and tell us!  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #475 on: February 14, 2012, 12:10:52 PM »
Hi forum,

A big thank you to all the people concerned who made this fabulous world.  I love it, it's enchanting.  I will say that I still consider myself a newbie even with over 2,000 hours of playing TS3.  My son, the computer geek, built my computer so I've no idea why everything works beautifully and super smooth... but it does...did.

I didn't have any problems with UC until last night.  Today it was still glitchy and resetSim didn't seem to rectify it so I hunted around and found the wild horse foal stuck in the little garden down the stairs at the ruins pond.  I have no idea how the foal got there but it was really really hungry and wouldn't let my Sim befriend it to feed it.  Can the foal not graze like the adult wild horses do?  I regret I had to delete it because I didn't know how else to move it.  Will this cause a problem with my game?

And Pam, you're the head honcho at the Bistro where my Sim's hubby works and my law enforcement Sim found tiberium in your bin.  By the way, Carl doesn't have a rubbish bin to rummage through, wonder why?. 

To reiterate, I really really love this world.   It's Bonzer!

Thank you for this wonderful and detailed feedback!

About foal in the basement of the garden - There isn't really a way for a horse to enter the basement so it is spawned there, nothing to do with that except to delete the basement or solve it the way you did. You could also use moveobjects on and move the foal from the basement up on  the ground in build mode.

Pink diamonds - as Samoht said, I hardly ever find them (except when breaking spacerocks) but there are 4 epic spawners in the world, in 4 most remote/special locations: crater, dragon nest, golf course and peninsula with ruined column and palm trees near the river mouth.

I started my first dynasty in UC and so far I love it. I'm a bit lost sometimes but the characters my sims encounter are very funny.

Thank you! it is a huge world and easy to get lost, but different areas should help with orientation :)

Hi absolutely loving this World ,thank you so much to everyone who had a part in creating it  ;D I am trying to find a residential lot with the beautiful lot moodlet  does this world have any? x ;D

Thank you Teacup! All lots on Admin and Mod hill have beautiful vista moodlet. Also, Thymes house, Brustles and Characters are having it, and Dreamweavers at The Democrat. I have to check, but I think winning houses on building contest also have +10 beautiful vista moodlet. Thank you ;D

gayleforcem

« Reply #476 on: February 14, 2012, 03:32:30 PM »
OMG Union Cove is soooooooooooo awesome!  A HUGE thank you to everyone who was involved in it's creation!  <3

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #477 on: February 14, 2012, 09:33:01 PM »
I'm sorry I haven't been adding feedback on anything that wasn't correct, it's just with my bad card the lagging is so bad in UC I don't play there much. Hopefully when I get my new card I will be able to finally explore it the way I want to. From what I have seen and done, it's gorgeous! I really do love it there and if not for my card it would be my new favorite world!! Maybe next month!  ;D

Offline Teacup Chihuahua

• Occult
« Reply #478 on: February 15, 2012, 03:01:59 PM »
Huge thanks Anushka! I will get busy playing straight away (a bit off topic  :P) love your builds and have them bookmaked ;D)

Hazel H.

« Reply #479 on: February 16, 2012, 01:23:51 PM »
I love Union Cove!!  This world is great!