Author Topic: Union Cove - The Forum's World  (Read 357152 times)

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
Re: Union Cove - The Forum's World
« Reply #765 on: August 10, 2012, 08:25:44 PM »
Yes, you have to download the Save File instead.

I have the save file, but it says it cannot play because the World is not installed.  I can select Union Cove on the "Downloads" section of my launcher, but I can't get it to install, that option is grayed out.
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #766 on: August 11, 2012, 04:04:57 AM »
Just remembered you don't have Pets, that seems to be causing errors. Apparently there is an item in the Pets EP which if you don't have Pets will not be replaced or something, the coding is wrong in it? I think Anushka said that seems to be causing a problem for people without Pets. Trouble is there isn't an easy way to find out what the item is.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #767 on: August 12, 2012, 05:16:27 PM »
To all the makers of this wonderful world.
I don't know if I said this already (else it is definately worth saying again ;) ), but you really have done a terrific job in updating this world! Also very nice to see that some minor mistakes have been fixed. Thank you all very much!

There is one thing I just noticed for the first time. I see that the roofing of the house The Kin of the family Jin made by Anushka isn't completely correct. You can see this when you look at the back side of the house. This is a minor detail though and doesn't matter for playing, but I just thought you might want to know this for if there ever may be another update :)
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #768 on: August 14, 2012, 06:33:26 AM »
Thank you Odie, I've noticed that too late, and another similar one on Carl's Castle terace flooring. Until the next update I hope we will find and fix most if not all of those little mistakes, and make UC as close to perfection as it is possible.

Unfortunally I am still looking for the solution of this problem that UC can't be installed without Pets, and it is not likely to be fixed without an update by EA.

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #769 on: August 16, 2012, 05:57:43 PM »
Thank you Odie, I've noticed that too late, and another similar one on Carl's Castle terace flooring. Until the next update I hope we will find and fix most if not all of those little mistakes, and make UC as close to perfection as it is possible.

Don't worry about it. For me, UC is by far the closest to perfection compared to all other worlds!

Unfortunally I am still looking for the solution of this problem that UC can't be installed without Pets, and it is not likely to be fixed without an update by EA.

What is the item causing the problem? I don't know if that are many items, but can't you just delete them for a version for people without pets?

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #770 on: August 17, 2012, 01:25:17 AM »
I think the problem might be the actual pet part of pets. As in, some households have dogs, cats and horses.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #771 on: August 25, 2012, 01:05:32 PM »
I'm thinking it's the Pet Store itself.  Using a "pet register" is different from having the actual pet store that came as a premium item for pre-ordering the EP.  I could be wrong on this but I'd bet that's the problem item.  Ana if we take out the pet store it won't be that big of a deal and perhaps we could add a pet register somewhere or just leave it out.  If you have Pets at all you can get anything you'd buy in the store either from your regular Pets files or buydebug anyway.  The store is mostly cosmetic, although it does function if you have Pets.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #772 on: August 25, 2012, 01:52:16 PM »
I don't have Pets at all, but I really, Really, wanna play in UC.

William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #773 on: August 26, 2012, 05:17:09 AM »
Problem with Pets and CAW is that once you place object in CAW it is saved in Global Layer in some sort of cashe files, and that is not possible to delete. I even loaded and exported UC with Pets uninstalled and still wasn't able to install it in the game.
I don't have premium content Pet Store and I think we did used built lot with Pet Register there, not that premium one - as I couldn't add it in UC without having it in my game. That lot wasn't changed with this latest update of UC neither. Problem appeared with the patch and I hope that with Supernatural and Seasons it will be solved. For now my hands are tied :(

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #774 on: August 26, 2012, 10:27:16 AM »
Can't it be uploaded as a different save game where the pet register has been deleted? Or does the game still think it's there, because it is build-in in the world?
I don't know if it makes any sense what I say, but I just want to help...

Chuckles_82

« Reply #775 on: August 29, 2012, 08:20:32 AM »
What updates were made for Showtime? Were new custom lots added? What are they, and can they be included in the credits in the first page (if they are custome ones)?

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #776 on: August 29, 2012, 08:22:32 AM »
Two new lots were added - a private venue and a large big show venue. All other venues were added to existing lots.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Chuckles_82

« Reply #777 on: August 29, 2012, 08:25:35 AM »
Thanks Thomas, I finally found the update list in all the posts. Is Atlantis Experience available to download in our swapshop somewhere? Or do we have pictures?

Offline NicoleML

• Townie
« Reply #778 on: August 30, 2012, 07:55:24 AM »
I'd like to use my first post on the forum to be a huge thank you to everyone involved in the creation of Union Cove. Since I first saw it on the Guide, I wanted it, but sadly my old computer was lagging under the weight of the Sims 3 stuff I already had. As I didn't want to miss out on Supernatural and Seasons, I got a new computer. My second task (after installing all the Sims 3 expansion and stuff packs) was to download Union Cove. It is wonderful. Every detail makes it clear that it was created by players for players - the locations of all the lots makes sense - the dynasty lot especially. Whenever I practice an Immortal Dynasty, my founder is a cook, so it's great having Hebe as her boss across the road! Thank you all so much!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #779 on: August 31, 2012, 04:58:48 PM »
Thank you for the kind words, Nicole.  We had such fun making it.  It was very much like hiding holiday secrets because we knew from the beginning it was to be a gift to all the forum with stuff FROM the forum and it was really hard to not leak anything.  Carl was our master conspirator in helping us keep it secret!  I'm really glad you are enjoying it.  Despite how lovely Sunlit Tides is, UC is still my very favorite place to play.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery