Author Topic: Union Cove - The Forum's World  (Read 352701 times)

Offline unicornkafasi

• Nooboo
Re: Union Cove - The Forum's World
« Reply #870 on: January 21, 2013, 02:05:03 PM »
You don't need to download the save file if you have all the expansion packs.  Delete the save file and retry.  Should work. :)
thanks, I'll give it a try!  :)

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #871 on: January 21, 2013, 02:19:42 PM »
First of all, both welcome to this forum :)

@ unicornkafasi, since you said you have pets and supernatural, I assume you don't have all expansion packs? If so, you did the right thing. You do need the save file. When you are in the main menu of the game, you shouldn't start a new game in Union Cove but choose the save file to play from.
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline snowbell

• Nooboo
« Reply #872 on: January 22, 2013, 12:03:38 AM »
Hi all and apologies if this has been posted.

I have Ambitions/Generations/Seasons, and have installed V3 of Union Cove, and also the save file (I followed all the instructions) but when I launch the save file it crashes midway through loading.

My game is fully up to date (I own it on Steam though).

What can I do?

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #873 on: January 22, 2013, 01:06:01 AM »
Start the game from saved file (Union Cove Seasons Start) when in main menu :)

Offline snowbell

• Nooboo
« Reply #874 on: January 22, 2013, 09:15:08 AM »
When I do that it crashes midway through loading :(.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #875 on: January 22, 2013, 11:04:25 AM »
Try to download save file again. Crash happens when trying to load new game if you don't have all EP's, but really can't think of the reason why it would crash with saved file.

Offline snowbell

• Nooboo
« Reply #876 on: January 22, 2013, 02:37:08 PM »
Thanks :). I tried that as well - this is my second time trying to install (the first time was maybe 3 weeks ago before V3 came out). I'll redownload the save file and then report back tonight.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline unicornkafasi

• Nooboo
« Reply #877 on: January 23, 2013, 04:15:58 AM »
First of all, both welcome to this forum :)

@ unicornkafasi, since you said you have pets and supernatural, I assume you don't have all expansion packs? If so, you did the right thing. You do need the save file. When you are in the main menu of the game, you shouldn't start a new game in Union Cove but choose the save file to play from.
thanks for your help. I will try that too :)))

Offline snowbell

• Nooboo
« Reply #878 on: January 24, 2013, 07:57:12 PM »
Try to download save file again. Crash happens when trying to load new game if you don't have all EP's, but really can't think of the reason why it would crash with saved file.

I tried redownloading the save file, and it crashed again :(. Don't know what I'm doing wrong since it seems to be fine for everyone else and I've followed the instructions...

Offline Tiffanit804

• Nooboo
« Reply #879 on: January 27, 2013, 11:14:53 PM »
Hi Everyone. I'm a long time lurker, first time poster. I just wanted to thank everyone who worked on this wonderful world! I'm in love! :D

Offline Serena Darrin

• Immortal
  • Back to School
« Reply #880 on: January 28, 2013, 10:44:39 AM »
Hello!

This looks awesome.  I'm a bit worried about how it will run after hearing how big it is. . .

but I've got a question.  I don't have Showtime or Supernatural.   I'm thinking of getting Showtime, though. Will there be obvious missing things in Union Cove if I don't have Showtime?  (that is, should I wait on getting Showtime before I install UC?)

Offline shadowmane4

• Nooboo
« Reply #881 on: January 28, 2013, 03:23:50 PM »
This world has elements from all the sims 3 expansions packs. But is a bit lacking on elements from Late Night. Two apartments and one subway is far to few of each. But has just the right numbers of bar/clubs. I hope the next you guys updates Union Cove there will be one or two more apartments and wider subway network.

Offline Saturn

• Mayhem Madam
  • Llama Wrangler
  • TaDaa!
    • Hall of Torque
« Reply #882 on: January 29, 2013, 07:16:19 AM »
I don't think the world can handle apartments and the extra influx of game produced sims.  I think when I first started the world it had 185 alive which is a big number to start out with.  More game generated sims will only slow the world down.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #883 on: January 29, 2013, 08:43:07 AM »
Hi Everyone. I'm a long time lurker, first time poster. I just wanted to thank everyone who worked on this wonderful world! I'm in love! :D

Thank you Tiffani, it is always a pleasure to hear something like that!

This world has elements from all the sims 3 expansions packs. But is a bit lacking on elements from Late Night. Two apartments and one subway is far to few of each. But has just the right numbers of bar/clubs. I hope the next you guys updates Union Cove there will be one or two more apartments and wider subway network.

I understand what you are saying but this is a maximum of LN content that we would add to Union Cove. LN features are fully used in big cities like Bridgeport, so adding that kind of urban area in UC would not be possible (and it would significantly change the athmosphere of the city we wanted to achieve). At first we wanted much more subway stations, but many reported issues with changed routing (like driving in a limo to the nearest Subway, and similar) that actually takes commuting much longer and is not as efficient. We put only one for playing for tips option, and since stations are small anyone who wants more of them can place them practically anywhere they want in UC. Saturn also point out important reasons why we didn't add more appartments and more Late Night features (Thank you Saturn :) )

Hello!

This looks awesome.  I'm a bit worried about how it will run after hearing how big it is. . .

but I've got a question.  I don't have Showtime or Supernatural.   I'm thinking of getting Showtime, though. Will there be obvious missing things in Union Cove if I don't have Showtime?  (that is, should I wait on getting Showtime before I install UC?)

I would suggest you get the latest one because once you get Showtime you'd want it anyway and you would have to save households in bin and place them in new version of UC. If you download the latest one, you wouldn't have to go trough that process, and would be able to simply continue playing old games and start new ones with all Showtime features already there (you would need to reinstall that same world but saved games will work without problems). One of the obvious missing lots would be the big performing stage lot and private venue - they will probably look like empty shells you can delete if you don't like, while other features are included in already existing lots and should not be that much visible.

Offline Serena Darrin

• Immortal
  • Back to School
« Reply #884 on: January 29, 2013, 01:21:00 PM »
I would suggest you get the latest one because once you get Showtime you'd want it anyway and you would have to save households in bin and place them in new version of UC. If you download the latest one, you wouldn't have to go trough that process, and would be able to simply continue playing old games and start new ones with all Showtime features already there (you would need to reinstall that same world but saved games will work without problems). One of the obvious missing lots would be the big performing stage lot and private venue - they will probably look like empty shells you can delete if you don't like, while other features are included in already existing lots and should not be that much visible.

Ah.

Alright, then, awesome.  :)  Thank you!