Author Topic: Union Cove - The Forum's World  (Read 357643 times)

Offline EllaTheTaco

• Ella The Great
  • Townie
Re: Union Cove - The Forum's World
« Reply #900 on: February 21, 2013, 12:37:52 PM »
I have 3 questions. I think I would ask them here.

1. do you need all the stuff packs?

2. How much space does it take up?

3. What version should I get? (all EPs)

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #901 on: February 21, 2013, 01:20:30 PM »
I have 3 questions. I think I would ask them here.

1. do you need all the stuff packs?

2. How much space does it take up?

3. What version should I get? (all EPs)

1. Nope. I'm able to load up Union Cove without the save file, and I don't have any of the SPs used in building the world.

2. No more than 200 megabytes. Probably a lot less.

3. I'd recommend V3 just because it has everything.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline EllaTheTaco

• Ella The Great
  • Townie
« Reply #902 on: February 21, 2013, 02:16:25 PM »
Thanks, I'm downloading it now  ;D

Offline NicoleML

• Townie
« Reply #903 on: March 02, 2013, 08:56:03 AM »
I have a question for the various creators of this fine world. I am finding it difficult to write a story of my Immortal Dynasty, but I'm thinking of recording the game play for YouTube. So my question is would it be okay to do that? I would not claim any of the sims/lots of the town as my own, and I would provide a link to the page for people to download it. I'd really like to do this, but I'd totally understand if anyone objects. It is a beautiful world, my personal favorite in fact, which is why I chose it for the challenge.

Offline StarryEyedDreamer

• Nooboo
    • My Sims 3 Page
What was updated with Supernatural/Seasons Union Cove?
« Reply #904 on: March 14, 2013, 08:18:23 PM »
Hi, I was looking for this on the world page, but couldn't find it.
I found the link to download it and how to do so, but not what was added (unless I am blind).
If someone would be so kind as to tell me, and maybe even provide pictures, I'd appreciate it :)

Also: I have pets and it claims it doesn't need pets...will there still be the equestrian center and other pet related venues/items or no?
A bit confused with that, sorry.
Off saving Zelda *again*

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
Re: What was updated with Supernatural/Seasons Union Cove?
« Reply #905 on: March 14, 2013, 09:20:29 PM »
I don't know what they added for Seasons, but for Supernatural they added an elixir consignment register to the Open Air Market.

One main point that kept popping up before was that the would would say you needed pets, and those without pets would never be able to use it. Now you don't actually need to have Pets, but it will have all pet related venues if you do have Pets.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #906 on: March 14, 2013, 09:21:19 PM »
Union Cove also has its own festival lot with the Seasons update for the world.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

• Nooboo
    • My Sims 3 Page
« Reply #907 on: March 14, 2013, 10:38:01 PM »
Hello.

I have a few questions/comments if you'd be so kind (I did read the parts of this thread that were relevant to my questions, by the way).

1. I noticed someone said that there was no "Vault of Antiquity" and asked if there could be an update for it. Has this been added/will it be, and if not, where would I put it myself? I actually have no idea what that is.

2. I know that there was the festival lot for Seasons and both the fairy arboretum the register added to a market area (?) from Supernatural, but have places had some items placed such as the bee keeper stations, rocking chair, alchemy station (usually in EA's alchemy shop) and so on? I assume that all the Seasons objects have been placed on the festival lot.

3. In terms of Late Night, I assume the bars/clubs are all there but in a "town" version since you don't use city buildings?

4. I've been wondering for a while now...that fake golf course you have in part of the world...were you ever going to add the actual golf driving range item so they can actually play golf or...?

Thanks for all of your hard work :)
Off saving Zelda *again*

Offline Avatre

• Nooboo
Updating Union Cove
« Reply #908 on: March 16, 2013, 03:40:12 PM »
Ok, first... Hi!!! This is my first time posting on the Forum's. I use Carl's Guide all the time and then finally decided to make an account here. I do have some questions though about Union Cove. I absolutely love this world and always use it because it has everything in it and it is just so pretty. So, here are my questions.

1) Will Union Cove be updated with University Life and later on Island Paradise?
2) In respect to updating to future expansions, will you be expanding Union Cove? Such as adding more lots, making it bigger, adding islands, or anything like that?
3) Is there any way to add some more 64x64 plots? I saw some but they were crammed back in a corner near the waterfall fishing spot.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Questions about Union Cove (no reply in main thread for few days)
« Reply #909 on: March 17, 2013, 01:44:04 PM »
First of all, OMG another Zelda player!!!  I love you!!!  Last night my kid got to go to the Zelda concert and she said it was totally awesome.  She went dressed as Saria.

Ok, back to topic.  (Pam, please forgive the off topic comments.  We Zelda fans just can't always control ourselves.)

Version3 of Union Cove has a few problems and I hopefully will have time to go to that board and address them. 

1.  The "Vault of Antiquity" is where you go to learn Alchemy.  A class is offered there.  You also can "research the archives" which I believe increases your skill in alchemy.  There isn't one placed in Union Cove but you can easily place a 20x15 lot next to the library, (makes sense since the vault is also a rabbit hole type library), and put the building on it.  The building can be found in build menu in that little box thing to the extreme right of the screen that shows business buildings.
The vault building is on the last line of buildings.  Since there is no alchemy station in town, nor bee station, I just put bees, a gem cutter machine and an alchemy station on the same lot.  If you like I will post mine to the exchange so it will have the same UC "flavor". 
     There also is no Supernatural Hangout, "Varg's", in Union Cove at the moment and I am not sure Anushka will be able to squeeze one in.  I just did a remodel of Varg's and added a lot, (easier to just bulldoze a house on the right size lot), so now my supernaturals can visit.  You may also notice there are almost no supernaturals living in UC.  Zombies yes, others no.  It may be just not enough time for the game to spawn some npc's that are supernaturals but the regular "townies" we placed in UC are just more or less normal folks.  I'm currently playing a fairy there hoping more will show up but so far none.

2.  Yes, all the Seasons things are on the Seasons Festival Lot.  They change with the seasons but not everything was able to be fitted in on that lot.  You may want to add some of your favorites.  Also, there is a problem with the water balloon and snow ball fight area.  There is a large tree in the way that cannot be removed no matter what I've tried.  The lot is uneven terrain in that area so when you try to have a water balloon fight you get a pop up that says there isn't enough room or that the ground is too uneven.  To accommodate that area, I adjusted the center area with the picnic tables and fire pit.  By shifting them a bit the water balloon and snow ball battle area fits well and is usable there.  I considered taking out the fire pit entirely but noticed the Sims did use it frequently so left it in.  The tables are for the seasonal foods. 

3.  Correct.  All the LN bars are there but in our version.  Anything that isn't a rabbit hole was remodeled by one of our builders.  I built the Exclusive club but am considering a remodel of it because it is just too full of things and slows the game down.  You will find driving ranges on that lot since it is next to the golf course.

4.  Adding golf driving ranges to the golf course is a great idea and why we didn't think of it is beyond me!  No plans for adding it in the future but go ahead and give it a shot if it isn't unroutable terrain.  Sometimes CAW prevents a world builder from doing things they want because of that. 

You're welcome!  It was a work of love and really didn't seem all that hard at all.  Just a joy filled challenge for those of us who weren't doing the hard part with CAW!  That was Anushka and it was a LOT of work for her during some very trying and busy personal times.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Updating Union Cove
« Reply #910 on: March 17, 2013, 05:59:48 PM »
Hi Avatre and welcome to the forum!

1.  Not too sure about whether we want to tackle this.  Union Cove is pretty full as it is and space is at a premium.  I don't do the CAW work on it, I just build buildings, but my understanding is it gets harder as you go along and easier to miss things or mess something up in CAW without being aware of it.  For instance, in Union Cove Seasons the windows in the Marsden Swim Center are all messed up.  Instead of being Window Schmindow they are some sort of Victorian bay window which I would never have used on a modern building.  Plus, they are all turned inside out blocking the hall ways!  This needs fixing but it can take awhile before there is time to fix it.  (I'm planning on downloading a fixed version to the swap shop so all you have to do is bull doze the existing lot and place the one I post.)

2.  It's a cool idea to add islands and such but not practical.  The world can run pretty slowly as it is and adding more to it could overload things and make it impossible to play.  I'm not sure CAW could handle anything bigger anyway.

3.  Not really.  Even bulldozing smaller lots to make a big enough space doesn't always work in a CAW world.  It's the only thing I'd suggest you could try.  It was really hard placing large lots and the ones on Moderators hill are there as a thank you for the guys who started this forum and have done so much to keep it running.

----------
My No Buy Story

• Nooboo
    • My Sims 3 Page
« Reply #911 on: March 17, 2013, 06:00:57 PM »
First of all, OMG another Zelda player!!!  I love you!!!  Last night my kid got to go to the Zelda concert and she said it was totally awesome.  She went dressed as Saria.

Ok, back to topic.  (Pam, please forgive the off topic comments.  We Zelda fans just can't always control ourselves.)

Version3 of Union Cove has a few problems and I hopefully will have time to go to that board and address them. 

1.  The "Vault of Antiquity" is where you go to learn Alchemy.  A class is offered there.  You also can "research the archives" which I believe increases your skill in alchemy.  There isn't one placed in Union Cove but you can easily place a 20x15 lot next to the library, (makes sense since the vault is also a rabbit hole type library), and put the building on it.  The building can be found in build menu in that little box thing to the extreme right of the screen that shows business buildings.
The vault building is on the last line of buildings.  Since there is no alchemy station in town, nor bee station, I just put bees, a gem cutter machine and an alchemy station on the same lot.  If you like I will post mine to the exchange so it will have the same UC "flavor". 
     There also is no Supernatural Hangout, "Varg's", in Union Cove at the moment and I am not sure Anushka will be able to squeeze one in.  I just did a remodel of Varg's and added a lot, (easier to just bulldoze a house on the right size lot), so now my supernaturals can visit.  You may also notice there are almost no supernaturals living in UC.  Zombies yes, others no.  It may be just not enough time for the game to spawn some npc's that are supernaturals but the regular "townies" we placed in UC are just more or less normal folks.  I'm currently playing a fairy there hoping more will show up but so far none.

2.  Yes, all the Seasons things are on the Seasons Festival Lot.  They change with the seasons but not everything was able to be fitted in on that lot.  You may want to add some of your favorites.  Also, there is a problem with the water balloon and snow ball fight area.  There is a large tree in the way that cannot be removed no matter what I've tried.  The lot is uneven terrain in that area so when you try to have a water balloon fight you get a pop up that says there isn't enough room or that the ground is too uneven.  To accommodate that area, I adjusted the center area with the picnic tables and fire pit.  By shifting them a bit the water balloon and snow ball battle area fits well and is usable there.  I considered taking out the fire pit entirely but noticed the Sims did use it frequently so left it in.  The tables are for the seasonal foods. 

Yes, I still have to finish Skyward Sword though--long game! ::)

Ah, I was not aware that there were issues with V3
If you could upload your version of the vault lot that would be perfect. I do not know your studio name though?
What did you add to Varg's to make it Supernatural? Would you be willing to upload that too? I downloaded Union Cove back on version 1 or 2 but I didn't get to explore much, so I don't remember, sorry!
I hope that the Seasons festival lot can be fixed/anything not on the lot could be added to a beach or something.
How often do you all update the world for bugs/fixes (since I know you do for EP updates)?
Thanks!
Off saving Zelda *again*

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #912 on: March 17, 2013, 06:11:46 PM »
Union Cove Seasons allows for pets but Pets is no longer a required EP to run it.  The equestrian center, pet shop, etc. are all still there.

Update for Supernatural included adding the Arboretum to the graveyard and a register in the outdoor market for consigning stuff you need for elixirs and buying things there, and the Gypsy Fortune teller was added to the dog park.  Lacking are the bees, Vault of Antiquity, Varg's Supernatural Hangout and a place to practice broom moves.  This may be addressed in the future.  The arboretum has a problem with allowing Sims to enter.  You have to remove one of the daisies from each side of the door way or your Sim won't enter.

Update for Seasons was the Festival ground.  There is one problem with the Festival ground.  You cannot do water balloon fights or snowball fights.  There is a big tree in the way that cannot be remove, (I've tried), and the ground is uneven where the battle ground is.  My suggestion is move the picnic tables and fire pit to where the battleground is and move the battleground to the spot they used to be in.  I'm going to work on that today with Anushka's ok and will upload it to the Swap Shop until a more permanent fix can be done.  Other than that the only thing Seasons added was some gnomes and JS Brantner and I are working on that.

EDIT:  Temporary fixes for the Festival Ground was uploaded to my studio on the Official Forum.  Just bulldoze the lot during spring time, (I fixed it for spring only), and replace it with my upload.  It will be officially fixed in CAW at a later date and is being worked on.

I uploaded a lot for the Vault of Antiquities.  Place a 20x15 lot next to the library to accommodate it.  The vault has bees and an alchemy and gem cutting station to the rear.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #913 on: March 17, 2013, 07:15:36 PM »
Yes, I still have to finish Skyward Sword though--long game! ::)

Ah, I was not aware that there were issues with V3
If you could upload your version of the vault lot that would be perfect. I do not know your studio name though?
What did you add to Varg's to make it Supernatural? Would you be willing to upload that too? I downloaded Union Cove back on version 1 or 2 but I didn't get to explore much, so I don't remember, sorry!
I hope that the Seasons festival lot can be fixed/anything not on the lot could be added to a beach or something.
How often do you all update the world for bugs/fixes (since I know you do for EP updates)?
Thanks!

Last question first.  I don't update it at all.  Anushka is our CAW person.  I just build buildings, do landscaping and kibbitz a lot.  Ana, (Anushka), has a busy life so not sure when there would be any updates.  But what I can do, with her ok or the ok of any other original builder there, is fix something broken and update it to the Swap Shop as a temporary fix for players till there is time to correct things.

Varg's is a Supernatural lot that came with that EP.  I just hate dark and dreary so I remodeled it.  I'll upload it to the Swap Shop.

I usually upload to the forum's Swap Shop rather than the official site, but I'm Joriahplayer on the official forum.  Friend me there to make it easy.  I do have a ton of stuff in my studio including Varg's.  Hopefully I'll have things ready to upload later today or tomorrow.

----------
My No Buy Story

• Nooboo
    • My Sims 3 Page
« Reply #914 on: March 17, 2013, 08:06:14 PM »
Friend request sent and alright, will look at the swap shop.
Thanks for your helpful comments :)
Off saving Zelda *again*

anything