Author Topic: Union Cove - The Forum's World  (Read 356193 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Union Cove - The Forum's World
« Reply #135 on: December 30, 2011, 09:00:25 AM »
You can use mine if you want to, I'll send you the URL becase it's on my hidden albumn on the gallery. I wonder if I will see any of my Sims in a DecaDynasty...? I might even try a DecaDynasty again.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #136 on: December 30, 2011, 09:21:07 AM »
The more I explore UC the more absolutely amazed I am.  I cannot even begin to imagine the countless hours all the members of the Top Secret Team put in to create this masterpiece.  I'm so overwhelmed by the beauty and detail of this new world that I don't even know where to begin when I open my game file.  I just kind of sit in front of the screen with my mouth hanging open and tears in my eyes.

Thank you, thank you, thank you and a million more to all of you who have worked so tirelessly to bring us this gem.  This surprise was most definitely worth the wait, and then some!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ZapKid

• Electronic Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • I'm doing an internet! Woooahhh!
« Reply #137 on: December 30, 2011, 10:26:56 AM »
Since I don't have WA/Generations installed right now (For reasons already mentioned, I believe) I did the whole save file thing, but it pops up as an unplayable save file ??? So what am I supposed to do? :P
Find my builds here. | Last Created; Cubeached
Also, feel free to request a home by PMing me! Always happy to help.

Hey guys I'm taking an extended hiatus... again. I'm out of ideas to build houses and I don't have as much fun designing homes like I used to; it feels more like a chore. So that's where I'll be, I will probably be back sometime. :P

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #138 on: December 30, 2011, 10:33:31 AM »
Since I don't have WA/Generations installed right now (For reasons already mentioned, I believe) I did the whole save file thing, but it pops up as an unplayable save file ??? So what am I supposed to do? :P

That is quite strange! you installed the world, extracted saved file in save folder,  and in main menu there is an icon which said that or? Can you be specific about it?

Offline ZapKid

• Electronic Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • I'm doing an internet! Woooahhh!
« Reply #139 on: December 30, 2011, 10:36:04 AM »
Yeah, there's an icon. It updated as soon as we started it up, and when we got to the main menu of the Sims 3 (Where you pick which file), it was an unplayable file in saves because it said I didn't have all the expansion packs.  :o Which is what I thought the particular download was for.  ???
Find my builds here. | Last Created; Cubeached
Also, feel free to request a home by PMing me! Always happy to help.

Hey guys I'm taking an extended hiatus... again. I'm out of ideas to build houses and I don't have as much fun designing homes like I used to; it feels more like a chore. So that's where I'll be, I will probably be back sometime. :P

Offline moonshadow

• Watcher of the Moon.
  • Townie
  • "It's not someday, but today that I change"
« Reply #140 on: December 30, 2011, 11:00:25 AM »
Sadly I can't play in it either because of the software updates. I'm on dial up and it would take forever.

Edit. Looks like I'll be waiting till March.  :(

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #141 on: December 30, 2011, 01:06:09 PM »
Okay so with the settings does this mean I just turn all of them all the way down and that should help?
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #142 on: December 30, 2011, 01:07:50 PM »
Yes, that should help. You could start at the bottom, try adding whatever details appeal most to you and gradually raise them until you find a good spot.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #143 on: December 30, 2011, 01:17:09 PM »
Yeah, there's an icon. It updated as soon as we started it up, and when we got to the main menu of the Sims 3 (Where you pick which file), it was an unplayable file in saves because it said I didn't have all the expansion packs.  :o Which is what I thought the particular download was for.  ???

Zap, if you have any of the EP's installed that might be what is messing up that file.  Have you tried the straight download?  Not sure if that would work or not, (lot of trees from WA used), but you might give it a shot.  Also, try all the suggestions KJ mentioned.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline KJSinclair

• Townie
  • I may have a sharp tongue but I have a soft heart
« Reply #144 on: December 30, 2011, 01:25:20 PM »
My game generally hates new stuff, I have a gaming machine that should in theory be able to handle TS3 and then some more. Yet every time I attempt to install something new (world, content or patch), it looks at me as if to say 'pah me work, I think not'. The only way around this that is to start from the top. Uninstalling all my custom content (EA or otherwise), then trying to install. If that doesn't work I try the new fangled time saving factory reset. If that should also fail me I start from the very beginning, cursing TS3 to the moon and back. After a complete uninstall I always perform a disk clean up, a registry clean, a scan disk and a defrag. Ideally you should also do a disk clean up, scan disk and defrag after installation too, but who has time for that? lol

Lastly install all your custom content (EA or otherwise) and save files.

I have never failed to install my shiny new things using this method.

Kindest Regards
KJ
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes we have to wait a long time for the reason to become clear.

Offline CreativeCrayola

• Katniss :)
  • Immortal
« Reply #145 on: December 30, 2011, 01:29:14 PM »
Ohmigosh, this world is amazing! I love the house Shannon and Troy are in! Love it all around!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #146 on: December 30, 2011, 01:45:36 PM »
My game generally hates new stuff, I have a gaming machine that should in theory be able to handle TS3 and then some more. Yet every time I attempt to install something new (world, content or patch), it looks at me as if to say 'pah me work, I think not'. The only way around this that is to start from the top. Uninstalling all my custom content (EA or otherwise), then trying to install. If that doesn't work I try the new fangled time saving factory reset. If that should also fail me I start from the very beginning, cursing TS3 to the moon and back. After a complete uninstall I always perform a disk clean up, a registry clean, a scan disk and a defrag. Ideally you should also do a disk clean up, scan disk and defrag after installation too, but who has time for that? lol

Lastly install all your custom content (EA or otherwise) and save files.

I have never failed to install my shiny new things using this method.

Kindest Regards
KJ

KJ do you use Revo to uninstall your games?  It is a free download that was suggested to me by EA tech support when I was having some serious problems with the game.  It cleans everything, including all the hidden files, registry etc. etc.  and it is FAST and simple.  I am a total bust when it comes to tech stuff but it's really idiot proof, which is why I can use it!  lol  There are a couple of steps to do but it is quite easy and fast.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #147 on: December 30, 2011, 01:50:51 PM »
Guys, it's best to save often in UC. I just lost about three minutes but it could have been 30!

Offline moonshadow

• Watcher of the Moon.
  • Townie
  • "It's not someday, but today that I change"
« Reply #148 on: December 30, 2011, 01:59:53 PM »
Glad everyone is having a good time playing in Union Cove.
Can't wait to see pictures and everyone's stories.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #149 on: December 30, 2011, 02:02:56 PM »
Glad everyone is having a good time playing in Union Cove.
Can't wait to see pictures and everyone's stories.

Same here, can't wait to post my first chapter of my Legacy either!  :D Oh and I was surprised that my Legacy File, which doesn't have a house yet is actually not bad at saving length so far, about 2-3 minutes roughly. Only on loading the world it seems to be really slow. Oh and the Sunsets are quite beautiful, I'm looking for the prime wedding spot in the World. Not that anyones getting married yet, I just have to plan these things!  :)

anything