Author Topic: Union Cove - The Forum's World  (Read 352607 times)

Offline moonshadow

• Watcher of the Moon.
  • Townie
  • "It's not someday, but today that I change"
Re: Union Cove - The Forum's World
« Reply #150 on: December 30, 2011, 02:06:48 PM »
Same here, can't wait to post my first chapter of my Legacy either!  :D Oh and I was surprised that my Legacy File, which doesn't have a house yet is actually not bad at saving length so far, about 2-3 minutes roughly. Only on loading the world it seems to be really slow. Oh and the Sunsets are quite beautiful, I'm looking for the prime wedding spot in the World. Not that anyones getting married yet, I just have to plan these things!  :)

Good, I can live it through your pictures. HAHA. I'm not able to play it yet.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #151 on: December 30, 2011, 02:09:17 PM »
Glad everyone is having a good time playing in Union Cove.
Can't wait to see pictures and everyone's stories.

Moonshadow I'm so sorry you aren't able to play this world.  I hope you will be able to in the future.  I think maybe we should share some screenies with you and the rest of the forum.  I know several team members have taken some.

Here is one of the "townies".  Her name is Norma Jean Mortenson, the real name of Marilyn Monroe who she is supposed to look like.

This is the home of Mye Thyme, Hansome Lee Thyme and their children, Smaul Thyme and Beddye Bye Thyme.  It's my house and has a lovely view of the waterfalls.

I don't want to take up a lot of space for this as it should really be on the showboat board, but I don't want you to miss out entirely either.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline moonshadow

• Watcher of the Moon.
  • Townie
  • "It's not someday, but today that I change"
« Reply #152 on: December 30, 2011, 02:19:48 PM »
Moonshadow I'm so sorry you aren't able to play this world.  I hope you will be able to in the future.  I think maybe we should share some screenies with you and the rest of the forum.  I know several team members have taken some.

Here is one of the "townies".  Her name is Norma Jean Mortenson, the real name of Marilyn Monroe who she is supposed to look like.

This is the home of Mye Thyme, Hansome Lee Thyme and their children, Smaul Thyme and Beddye Bye Thyme.  It's my house and has a lovely view of the waterfalls.

I don't want to take up a lot of space for this as it should really be on the showboat board, but I don't want you to miss out entirely either.

WOW! Thank you Joria.  Hopefully I'll be getting DSL in late February so the updates won't be to bad. Right now it would take me 44 hours. to download them.

Offline amyrose

• Immortal
  • Jorja Phoenix
« Reply #153 on: December 30, 2011, 02:37:58 PM »
After downloading and exploring Union Cave, I can honestly say I am absolutely stunned. Countless hours of work from so many members has really paid off! Yes, the loading time is a bit of a nuisance, but that is more than made up in this beautiful world. I can also see the ulterior motive behind the building contests now ;D

I want to take this opportunity to say a massive thank you to everyone who contributed to this masterpiece! I am so grateful to you all :)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #154 on: December 30, 2011, 02:40:29 PM »
I can also see the ulterior motive behind the building contests now ;D

Yep, the Contests were organized to benefit Union Cove.  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Sportsfan

« Reply #155 on: December 30, 2011, 02:44:52 PM »
That's amazing the way you tricked everyone here. And here was I thinking the building contests were just back for fun. Makes me suspicious of Metro's challenges now lol

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #156 on: December 30, 2011, 02:49:17 PM »
That's amazing the way you tricked everyone here. And here was I thinking the building contests were just back for fun. Makes me suspicious of Metro's challenges now lol

He isn't making a World as far as I know.  ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #157 on: December 30, 2011, 03:04:28 PM »
Wow, as soon as I started a new game I got a notice asking if I would accept the challenge of having my house flooded, It was anything serious, just a bunch of puddles everywhere. Has anyone else seen this type of thing before?
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #158 on: December 30, 2011, 03:07:18 PM »
It's been around since the Base Game. It's a random event that often has a reward. There is a meteor one, a haunted one etc. The flood one leaves bowls of fish, sometimes a deathfish behind. I think it's often the same house but I'm not sure about that.

EDIT: Ahg! Is anyone else having problems with the game crashing when they toggle night/dark in buildmode? It just happened for the second time, I had only just gone into Buildmode as well.

Offline Cathair1

• Captain Grammar
  • Townie
« Reply #159 on: December 30, 2011, 04:16:12 PM »
Okay, I was SUPER excited about the new world to download, and I did it succesfully. The problem is when I try to start a new game with Union Cove instead of Sunset Valley the game starts to load and about a fifth of the way through loading the window closes and my computer gives me an error message saying a problem has occured with The Sims 3 and has to close. I'm pretty sure I downloaded it correctly, dragging the ucsaver file or whatever the corret name is to my sims save folder in my documents and what not, so I have no idea what's wrong. My computers only 6 months old so I'm pretty sure its not out of date on any software, so I don't know what to do. Was dragging the ucsave file not "extracting" it right? I really want to play in the new world so some guidance would be nice  :) Thanks!
I'm what you call a "schmorgesborg" of emotions.

Offline Cathair1

• Captain Grammar
  • Townie
« Reply #160 on: December 30, 2011, 04:32:30 PM »
Okay I figured out I didn't extract the files, deleted them all, and correctly extracted the ucsave file, but it now gets about a fourth of the way through and closes down again... I'm REALLY confused and frustrated because I want to play :( Please, somebody help? It would be greatly appreciated.
I'm what you call a "schmorgesborg" of emotions.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #161 on: December 30, 2011, 04:42:46 PM »
Ok, seems like there are a couple of issues with the game freezing or giving black screen of death, not to mention problem with loading savefile.  I'm sure Anushka will be looking into it and will get it fixed pronto.  I would help you but I'm not that pc savvy.

Tom, I've had the same problem but only if I do it quickly.  Also, when in CAS, it is incredibly slow and if you get impatient and click more than once I've had my pc freeze up and no longer respond.  Same thing if you try to share memories.  Click on one and wait, and after a few minutes you can share to facebook as well, but if you try to do anything quickly you are in danger of your pc freezing or losing the game due to a crash.  Admittedly, I have not lowered all my settings yet so I will try that and see if things improve.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #162 on: December 30, 2011, 05:24:24 PM »
I've had no problem downloading the game . I have played for about four hours this afternoon and the only thing I found was that it was a bit slow in CAS but other than that everything is great . I'm quite enjoying meeting the townies . I just ran across Pam at the library . Awesome !  I want again thank everyone involved in creating this beautiful world . It must have been a tremendous amount of work plus tons of time as well . I'm sure this is the world I'll be playing always from now on .

Thank you so much !  This is the best Christmas present ever .  :)
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline ZapKid

• Electronic Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • I'm doing an internet! Woooahhh!
« Reply #163 on: December 30, 2011, 06:28:30 PM »
I finally got the game installed, here is my "review".

First, I didn't really do much, I sorta dabbled. I went into Edit Town and took a look at the world itself. And I can say- amazing! lots of thought went into it. I went and looked at some of my homes and noticed Living the Suburban Dream was changed around a bit in landscaping to fit the area of the world it was in better. And just saying it made a big difference on how it looked (and in a good way.)

I also noticed the golf course (awesome) and what looked like an area where meteors hit (7 sandy areas). Very mysterious. The waterfalls weren't showing up for me; but that might always happen in ET. (Edit Town.)

I went and checked out the mansion-y area. I loved how all the mansions looked, they looked just like how I would have envisioned them- next to a golf course. (Next to a golf course = luxury in my book. Lol.) When I went to check out Pam's Purple Palace, it took like 5 minutes to load up! Time to lower my graphic settings ::)

Overall, in the 10 minutes I did looking around, I decided to give it a 4.9/5. Only because of the lagging part, but that's only because of the graphics, so never mind, change it to 5/5! It looked really cool in general, so I'm going to build most of my homes there to take advantage of the great view(s).

Alright, there's my 2c. Well worth the wait, in my opinion :)

Great job, moderators/builders/designers! :D
Find my builds here. | Last Created; Cubeached
Also, feel free to request a home by PMing me! Always happy to help.

Hey guys I'm taking an extended hiatus... again. I'm out of ideas to build houses and I don't have as much fun designing homes like I used to; it feels more like a chore. So that's where I'll be, I will probably be back sometime. :P

Offline CharlotteDaBookworm

• Occult
  • Call me Charlotte, Charlie or Char
« Reply #164 on: December 30, 2011, 06:47:03 PM »
I keep getting Error 12 when trying to save in this world. Is it something to do with graphics or something.

anything