Author Topic: Union Cove - The Forum's World  (Read 352874 times)

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
Re: Union Cove - The Forum's World
« Reply #240 on: December 31, 2011, 01:10:09 PM »
Now that is wierd! Can post a picture? If my settings are on low trees are not visible from town view, but in Sim view they are there. I'd love to see a picture, since at the moment I can't think of any reason at all why they wouldn't show!

I think I fixed it, when you mentioned settings I changed mine from low to high and they appeared.  :o Sorry for the trouble.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #241 on: December 31, 2011, 01:10:44 PM »
Carl has posted an official announcement on the Official Sims 3 Forum.

The same way we got townies into Create A World... We couldn't have Maxed Skills for the challenges so they all had to be lowered or raised accordingly if they were CAS Sims.
Going there now to check it out! That makes sense! Awesome. Wish there was a way to do that in the real game haha.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #242 on: December 31, 2011, 01:11:37 PM »
Going there now to check it out! That makes sense! Awesome. Wish there was a way to do that in the real game haha.

Esther, Post in that thread, we've got to keep it up there!  ;)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #243 on: December 31, 2011, 01:16:49 PM »
Esther, Post in that thread, we've got to keep it up there!  ;)
I did. I know what you mean, those forums are busier with off-topic threads and repeat questions.  ::)

Offline iCastl

• Queen of the Wild things
  • Townie
  • Stay gold Ponyboy.
« Reply #244 on: December 31, 2011, 01:18:14 PM »
OMG! It looks amazing!
Have to wait for WA to install again and to buy pets though, so I'll probably be installing it sometime next week.

Thank you guys, I can't wait to play it.
Sometimes love is not enough and road gets tough I don't know why.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #245 on: December 31, 2011, 01:18:42 PM »
I did. I know what you mean, those forums are busier with off-topic threads and repeat questions.  ::)

That's because they don't have Carl, Pam, Metro and the Mods to run it.  ;) I'll drop by once an hour to keep bumping that thread up I think, Lol.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #246 on: December 31, 2011, 01:19:55 PM »
That's because they don't have Carl, Pam, Metro and the Mods to run it.  ;) I'll drop by once an hour to keep bumping that thread up I think, Lol.
Very very true. Sounds good to me, I'll pop in when I think of it!  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #247 on: December 31, 2011, 01:29:27 PM »
Very very true. Sounds good to me, I'll pop in when I think of it!  ;D

Uhg being on there reminds me how much I love this forum and how you can post. They should have the new replies posted thing over there. Cut down on the spam probably, Lol.

Offline Cathair1

• Captain Grammar
  • Townie
« Reply #248 on: December 31, 2011, 02:09:10 PM »
Okay, I did some tech research and asked opinions and apparently .rar programs need a special code sketch thing to open them to make them work. Okay, I feel REALLY stupid now because every time I clicked on it and hit open it said something about using a special program to open it and not having what it needs to do this. *Facepalm* cant believe I missed this! Well since I don't have this program could you change the file to something other than an .rar? I've heard that .rar files are tricky and could possibly have viruses and my computer refuses to open it. Thanks! Or maybe direct me to where I could get the program to open it?
I'm what you call a "schmorgesborg" of emotions.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #249 on: December 31, 2011, 02:11:04 PM »
Uhg being on there reminds me how much I love this forum and how you can post. They should have the new replies posted thing over there. Cut down on the spam probably, Lol.

I was about ready to give up on Sims3 way back when I first got it because of that forum.  It was awful.  Trying to get sense out of anything for a newbie was a nightmare.  Then I discovered our forum and it was like "I'm HOME!".  Sensible people who were willing to help with no rudeness of any form allowed.  Amazing.  I spent a few hours lurking and signed up.  I'll check in there off and on today to help keep the posts going there.  Carl is having the thread moved so hopefully I can find it again.

EDIT:  Cathair, google 7-zip.  It should take you to a site that has a free unzipper program that opens zip and .rar files.  It's the one I use and works very well.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #250 on: December 31, 2011, 03:24:12 PM »
Um, just so you know, there's only one Subway station in town, you can't travel in it.

Offline Cathair1

• Captain Grammar
  • Townie
« Reply #251 on: December 31, 2011, 03:29:21 PM »
Okay, I did some tech research and asked opinions and apparently .rar programs need a special code sketch thing to open them to make them work. Okay, I feel REALLY stupid now because every time I clicked on it and hit open it said something about using a special program to open it and not having what it needs to do this. *Facepalm* cant believe I missed this! Well since I don't have this program could you change the file to something other than an .rar? I've heard that .rar files are tricky and could possibly have viruses and my computer refuses to open it. Thanks! Or maybe direct me to where I could get the program to open it?

Okay, I figured out my problem and downloaded a program to open the ucsave.rar file ad now it should hopefully work
I'm what you call a "schmorgesborg" of emotions.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #252 on: December 31, 2011, 03:33:43 PM »
Um, just so you know, there's only one Subway station in town, you can't travel in it.

Right.  It seemed a little strange at first and we debated and debated over whether to have one or not.  Finally decided we needed at least one so musicians could earn the big bucks playing in the subway but didn't want it to be a BP clone.  So only one.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #253 on: December 31, 2011, 03:50:43 PM »
Using subways is a struggle for most of the players in BP, commuting is long and not efficient, so as Joria said, we decided we won't rely on that sort of transportation in UC, but playing for tips is without any doubt the best to do there, so there is one. If you really want more, it is easy to upgrade lots and add it anywhere, even in dynasties and challenges, buying lots allows you to edit them and add what you want.

Katluvr, I'm glad you like open air market! Original idea wasn't OK for CAW or for challenges LOL, I'll try to remodel it into it and share in Swap Shop eventually - adding a nectar (instead of a bar), general store and relic stand would make it even better, plus fresh harvestables instead of decorative items on food stand, and some other stuff.. I'm looking forward to purchase that property in my dynasty and upgrade it ;D
We did left several lots underdeveloped - so we can upgrade them in dynasties and in regular gameplay (like Zen garden, beach, even exclusive lounge has some rooms left). And some are just too perfect to be touched, like that amazing Pier or Central Park.

VampirePlasma

« Reply #254 on: December 31, 2011, 03:53:20 PM »
Makes sense.  ;D