Author Topic: Union Cove - The Forum's World  (Read 355812 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Union Cove - The Forum's World
« Reply #360 on: January 05, 2012, 02:38:10 PM »
I just had to register to thank everybody who worked on this beautiful world for their time, effort and energy. Union Cove is stunning, and I love every detail! It runs beautifully on my set up, and I really am thrilled with it!

Welcome Rainwife!  I'm so glad you are enjoying UC.  It really was a labor of love.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Sunnysabjes

• Occult
  • Insanely serious or seriously insane?
    • Deviant
« Reply #361 on: January 05, 2012, 04:51:37 PM »
It's really cool and looks nice too, unfortunatly I can't really play with it. It keeps giving a error 12 while saving. I don't get it in other towns. It's also a big strain on my computer. I have at least 2 GB RAM, but even with the graphics on low it's slow... I need a better computer :P. Although I don't mind it being slow, the error 12 makes it unplayable. I'm really sad about it...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #362 on: January 05, 2012, 05:50:19 PM »
I've never had an error 12 saving this town, so I thought I might share my saving process, see if it could help anyone.  When I save my game, I have all my Sims on one lot, I pause the game, and I always choose 'Save As' then give each save it's own name by adding one to the number, such as Dynasty House 357, or Ratty House 12 or Challenge 5.  Then the next time I load in, I delete all but the important saves, the three most recent, and any important backup saves.  I hope maybe this might help someone save more succesfully, nothing is more frustrating than playing an enjoyable session of Sims, and the having it go *poof* up in smoke.

Once again, I am love Union Cove!  Though there does seem to be a few too many Sims around, they've been moving out really quickly, I wish they wouldn't.
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #363 on: January 06, 2012, 03:06:28 AM »
Juxt are the Sims that are moving out npc or our imports?  It would be interesting to know.  We populated the world with what we thought was the maximum but then the game decided it wanted to add a whole bunch of npcs!

----------
My No Buy Story

Ichabot

« Reply #364 on: January 06, 2012, 06:18:08 AM »
Hello,
I just had to register to say big kudos to you guys making this wonderfull world (and great forum). Keep up the good work!

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #365 on: January 06, 2012, 06:20:43 AM »
Is it all spiral staircases that are not working or just in some houses. I sent Thea Voice over to the Drey Kalur's house,he is living in Lord Dracula's mansion and after a lot of romance they tried to make a baby but couldn't get up stairs to the bedroom. I couldn't go an edit his house as it was part of my decadynasty practice run.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #366 on: January 06, 2012, 01:20:44 PM »
Didn't see the thread, but kudos Joria. Lucky for them, I didn't see it. I feel the same way, don't mess with my family or friends. UC is the most beautiful world I've played in.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #367 on: January 06, 2012, 01:38:57 PM »
Rachel, I've had Sims able to use most spiral staircases, but one did get stuck. I can't remember where. And it shouldn't be much of an issue in a decadynasty because once you move in, you'll be able to fix it.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #368 on: January 06, 2012, 03:38:00 PM »
Is it all spiral staircases that are not working or just in some houses. I sent Thea Voice over to the Drey Kalur's house,he is living in Lord Dracula's mansion and after a lot of romance they tried to make a baby but couldn't get up stairs to the bedroom. I couldn't go an edit his house as it was part of my decadynasty practice run.

Rachel

The problem usually occurs when more than one Sim wants to use the stairs.  Otherwise they work fine.  What happens is both want to use them at once and neither one will move out of the way so they stomp their feet and get angry.  It's funny, but annoying.  I think in the future, if we build any more worlds. we're going to say no spiral stairs.  They are lovely but do cause problems, more so than elevators!

EDIT:  My apologies!  I forgot to welcome Ichabot!  Welcome to the forum, Ichabot.  I hope you hang around and get to know us more.  There is so much to see and do here, so hope you have as much fun as I do.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #369 on: January 06, 2012, 04:46:13 PM »
My sim went out to read the paper this morning and this is what greeted me: ;D

NewsFlash from the Union Cove Daily Paper:

The Ratcliff Household welcomed a new  7.5lb baby boy last night, name Jeramy. Baby and Family are all resting at home today.

I thought I would share this bit of info. I thought it was neat that Carl became a daddy in my game.

Sydney511> I just moved into you Palms Manor and it's sooo cute. My sims love it.

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #370 on: January 06, 2012, 04:56:12 PM »
My sim went out to read the paper this morning and this is what greeted me: ;D

NewsFlash from the Union Cove Daily Paper:

The Ratcliff Household welcomed a new  7.5lb baby boy last night, name Jeramy. Baby and Family are all resting at home today.

I thought I would share this bit of info. I thought it was neat that Carl became a daddy in my game.

Sydney511> I just moved into you Palms Manor and it's sooo cute. My sims love it.
Who's the mother?
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #371 on: January 06, 2012, 04:59:42 PM »
Who's the mother?

I believe her name in the game is something like "dreamgirl" or something. She is in a relationship with Carl and in my game she was living with him when I downloaded. 

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #372 on: January 06, 2012, 05:56:09 PM »
I really didn't think about the fact that they'd go and have a baby lol. Thanks for sharing.. who knows what misadventures our simselves are going to be caught doing.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #373 on: January 06, 2012, 06:10:15 PM »
I really didn't think about the fact that they'd go and have a baby lol. Thanks for sharing.. who knows what misadventures our simselves are going to be caught doing.

Lol, well when Sims are left to themselves, the get into all kinds of mischief.  Whenever my sims are out and about, I love it when they run into your sims. They are always so nice, and they can't seem to take their eyes off each other.

Machete Girl

« Reply #374 on: January 06, 2012, 11:39:33 PM »
I am unable to install Union Cove for some reason. I can download it but when I try to install it I get a message saying my game is not up to date. It is up to date I just checked version 1.29. I have been following this thread in hopes of some help. Everyone keeps posting how great it is. Please help. I'm dying to see it!
I recently reinstalled and deleted all my old files before I installed the last update. I wanted a fresh start with no mods or custom content. The game has never ran better. I just can't install UC =(