Author Topic: Union Cove - The Forum's World  (Read 352580 times)

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
Re: Union Cove - The Forum's World
« Reply #375 on: January 07, 2012, 07:48:03 AM »
I'm sorry to hear that Machete Girl. Check if your Origin is updated, and if you can, manually patch the game. Other than that, I have no idea why would it say it is not updated when it is ::)

RainWife, thank you! I'm more than happy to hear you love it and that it is running great for you!

ratchie, they are working in most houses, I think that A Room With a View and Angular Comfort needs that trick to move/undo stairs, while I Heart Beach, Christmas Tree House, The Democrat and Gallery should work without issues. Don't know about others. As MarianT said, you can easily fix them in decadynasty when you move in, or at least avoid the issue.

Esther, thank you ;D Love the Halliwells! And they have a couple of green/blue friends there too!

Sdhoey, that IS the baby to talk about! Congratulation Ratcliff family. That castle is too big not to have little feets running around. I bet your neighbor from Purple Palace will often come by to play with the little one, maybe even be a godmother ;D

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #376 on: January 07, 2012, 11:01:07 AM »
Sdhoey, that IS the baby to talk about! Congratulation Ratcliff family. That castle is too big not to have little feets running around. I bet your neighbor from Purple Palace will often come by to play with the little one, maybe even be a godmother ;D

Well needless to say the paper doesn't report all births correctly either. My sims went over for a visit and to my surprise they had TWINS! A boy named Jeramy and a girl named Reagan. She looks like Carls simself. When I go into my game today, I'll get a screenshot of the family and post it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #377 on: January 07, 2012, 04:11:52 PM »

Well needless to say the paper doesn't report all births correctly either. My sims went over for a visit and to my surprise they had TWINS! A boy named Jeramy and a girl named Reagan. She looks like Carls simself. When I go into my game today, I'll get a screenshot of the family and post it.

I KNEW I should have added a nursery!  lol 

Welcome to all the new members.  I'm sure you'll love it here.

For all of you who are loving this world, THANK YOU!  It makes our day for sure.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline tumblers

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #378 on: January 07, 2012, 08:03:31 PM »
What button do I have to hit to download it? I can't figure it out. I see a words that say Download union Cove (125mb), but I can't click it.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #379 on: January 07, 2012, 08:18:03 PM »
Just beneath, pick one of the file hosting sites.

Offline tumblers

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #380 on: January 07, 2012, 08:21:15 PM »
Wow, that was simple. thanks. One last question: where do I put the file?

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #381 on: January 07, 2012, 08:37:47 PM »
OK, I got a couple of shots of the Happy family for you guys. I present to you, The Ratcliff Family,

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Xanatos

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #382 on: January 07, 2012, 10:00:29 PM »
First of I just want to say how amazing the screen shots of this town look. Secondly i have a question how hard is it to install this new world. I am very bad with computers and have never downloaded from anywhere other than the sims 3 store. I don't even know how to use the swap shop. For one thing the big list of different downloads( is that the right word) scares me right off the bat I have no idea wich one to chose. In conclusion how hard is this world to download and use in my game?

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #383 on: January 07, 2012, 10:11:03 PM »
Thanks Anushka! I love them too and I know, it's so awesome! Other than Hidden Springs, the EA created worlds don't have different colored sims and that's one thing that makes this world over the top for me! Awesome sims! Sdhoey, that's so cool! That screenshot is awesome!! Congrats Ratcliffs! Xanatos, it's not difficult at all. I'm not that good with computers either, and I was able to do it. Ugh I just went to the page where I downloaded it from and it's different now. I just had to click download. I'm sorry I thought I could help, but it's best to wait for someone that knows what all those files mean. Sorry.  :(

Offline Gaelicsunrise

• Nooboo
« Reply #384 on: January 07, 2012, 11:08:05 PM »
Thank to the UC team for your hard work.  The place is spectacular.  Kudos to you all.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #385 on: January 08, 2012, 12:45:27 AM »
Wow, that was simple. thanks. One last question: where do I put the file?
tumblers, you can place it anywhere, when you double click on it it will start the launcher and install in game. MyDocuments/ElectronicArts/Sims3/Downloads is where all the downloads from launcher are so you might want to keep it organised and put it there.

First of I just want to say how amazing the screen shots of this town look. Secondly i have a question how hard is it to install this new world. I am very bad with computers and have never downloaded from anywhere other than the sims 3 store. I don't even know how to use the swap shop. For one thing the big list of different downloads( is that the right word) scares me right off the bat I have no idea wich one to chose. In conclusion how hard is this world to download and use in my game?

Thank you! It is not hard at all, you download the file as any other file to your PC, anywhere. It may be the easiest for you to find it in MyDocuments/ElectronicArts/Sims3/Downloads , but desctop or My Documents works just fine. To download UC, Carl put a list of all the sites that are made to share files - I just take a look to see which one might be and you can try and click on megaupload. It will open the page with a name of the file (UnionCove3.sims3.pack and you'll see 2 buttons under - premium download and regular download. Assuming you don't have membership click on regular download and you'll see the usuall box when downloading file - click save, chose where, and wait, when it is done you can click "open" to install it directly, or later, find the file and doubleclick on it to start the launcher and install the world.
Let me know how it went, and if you have problems with it.

Esther, you, Ratchie and Naga - all have similar thoughts on that ;) I don't think I ever played different colored Sims and I don't have HS but now it is very hard to chose with whom to play or at least befriend my Sim with!

Thank to the UC team for your hard work.  The place is spectacular.  Kudos to you all.
Thank you ;D

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #386 on: January 08, 2012, 03:02:30 AM »
Esther, you, Ratchie and Naga - all have similar thoughts on that ;) I don't think I ever played different colored Sims and I don't have HS but now it is very hard to chose with whom to play or at least befriend my Sim with!

I agree! I've started a Dynasty and could barely pick a spouse! Eventually though, I ended up going to Map View, picking a random house and choosing a YA Male in it.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #387 on: January 08, 2012, 03:10:46 AM »
Carl's twins are adorable!  I love Story Progression!  ;D

I'm thinking we should have a separate thread for the technical issues of Union Cove.  This thread has turned into a combination of kudos, observations, and installation problems.  I don't think Union Cove needs its own board, but I'll make a thread on the Technical Help board specifically for Union Cove.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #388 on: January 08, 2012, 03:48:04 PM »
That is a great idea Pam, thank you!
And I played with my Buznik girl today, you are my boss in UC too ;D And Hosfac Rob K. was following her everywhere untill he took a nap on the stone bench LOL. As many already mentioned, wherever my Sim go, there is something going on.
For example, this group of Sims:

Dancing in da jungle!

Or crowding in a library ;D

I was stalking Sims getting out of the School, and since they were nice and went out one by one - last student left at 5.30PM. Plenty of children in this world ;D

Offline Xanatos

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #389 on: January 08, 2012, 06:19:42 PM »
I want to thank you for the help. Getting it to download. Just starting the game now.

anything