Author Topic: Union Cove - The Forum's World  (Read 352659 times)

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
Re: Union Cove - The Forum's World
« Reply #555 on: March 25, 2012, 04:42:49 AM »
Thank you everyone, it is most rewarding to hear such a great feedback on our project we worked hard and lovingly for such a long time  ;D
Yes there is, it is my Simself Adventurer/Collecting Queen - Angela Buznik, living on a Mod Hill. She does have a lovely toddler and a cat there too.  ;D She is one great adventurer and my favorite Sim ever (her picture is the first one in my signature)!
Thank you Anushka for your wonderful simself! I really enjoyed playing with her last night. It actually very nice that she is not alone, but has a toddler and a cat to come home too, and not to forget a great bird! The house is beautiful and the garden is stunning. You can't see that very well if you're overlooking the town. Zooming in shows all great details. I love gardens like this with rocky ground and green trees and bushes with beautiful coloured flowers, stunning! Thank you!

Has anyone had trouble with taking a writing class at the business building in UC? I got an email about this and was curious if anyone else had the issue.
I can check this for you in my game soon. I'll get back on this.

Edit: I have tested this with 3 different Sims from 3 different house holds and everything went as normal. They all had no writing skill before the writing class by the way. Don't know if that matters. Any particular sim or writing level that needs to be checked?

Another edit: tested it with your Simself since he already has level 5 writing and the class went just fine. After the class he gained about 1/4th of his 6th skill point , but I am guessing that makes sense since it is harder to gain skill points as you progress. I actually never let my sims take lessons, but just let them write. Hope this helped!
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #556 on: March 25, 2012, 06:26:25 AM »
Thank you Odie! I'm so happy to hear you liked her, and the lot - I had so much fun making it and playing it! This is the short story of her before Union Cove, and it is meant to be continued ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #557 on: March 25, 2012, 07:32:36 AM »
Hi Anushka,
I have seen a part of her story and it looks very nice! I am not going to read any further though, since I want to do some adventuring and tomb exploring on my own. I think your story of her might spoil some things ;)
Maybe later! :)

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #558 on: March 26, 2012, 03:08:37 PM »
If I'm only missing two Stuff packs, will I still need the save file? Or is this for EP's only? I have the last five EP's up to Showtime, and I'm missing Outdoor Living and Fast Lane.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #559 on: March 26, 2012, 03:24:09 PM »
I play the normal file without TLS, no errors caused by it that I know of.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #560 on: March 26, 2012, 03:36:35 PM »
Yeah, for that reason we didn't use any TLS rabbitholes. You can play the regular file without SP's without any problems.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #561 on: March 26, 2012, 03:45:05 PM »
So this is still only up to Pets, other than that? I do not own Showtime just yet. I noticed this file is only 121 MB. Did it change since V2 or was V2 always 121?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #562 on: March 26, 2012, 04:00:11 PM »
Only up to Pets for now, and V2 was 121mb it should run smoother than V1 specially on weaker computers.

Sorry for the spoilers, I'll add it in the title. I guessed that majority already played the WA locations and didn't consider it as a spoiler, so than you for letting me know!

Offline rahmbr

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #563 on: March 26, 2012, 06:18:27 PM »
I wanted to say again how much I love this world- you all did an excellent job with it. I look forward to future updates and thank you for fixing so many things so quickly. :-*

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #564 on: March 26, 2012, 06:59:44 PM »
Okay, still having problems with V2. I don't have the save file, (didn't use it, thinking that was the main problem), and I have ErrorTrap MC, OverWatch, and SP-All Nraas. Turned my graphics down, and if I were to even just go meet Pam at the food Cafe, leaving the house, with P-Man, it crashes. Not where I have to manually shut down, but to the desktop.

Is SP, and logging in causing the problems?

EDIT: Where's the thread related to UC Tech issues?

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #565 on: March 26, 2012, 07:13:06 PM »
Okay, still having problems with V2. I don't have the save file, (didn't use it, thinking that was the main problem), and I have ErrorTrap MC, OverWatch, and SP-All Nraas. Turned my graphics down, and if I were to even just go meet Pam at the food Cafe, leaving the house, with P-Man, it crashes. Not where I have to manually shut down, but to the desktop.

Is SP, and logging in causing the problems?

EDIT: Where's the thread related to UC Tech issues?
May I suggest that you try UC first without mods? Then at least you know if it works or that the mods may cause an issue.

The thread for UC Technical Issues is www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,8517.0.html
(don't know how to put this just under the word "here" or something, sorry - if someone likes to explain?)

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #566 on: March 26, 2012, 07:18:26 PM »
I'll test it out right now, see what the deal is. Then I'll report back. I really love my mods though.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #567 on: March 26, 2012, 10:53:18 PM »
The thread for UC Technical Issues is www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,8517.0.html
(don't know how to put this just under the word "here" or something, sorry - if someone likes to explain?)

Code: [Select]
[url=www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,8517.0.html]here[/url]

So basically the code is:

Code: [Select]
[url=link]text to display[/url]

Which will display this: here

KateSterling

« Reply #568 on: March 26, 2012, 11:10:53 PM »
I just discovered and downloaded Union Cove!  I'm excited to check it out!  Thanks to everyone who contributed.  :)

Sportsfan

« Reply #569 on: March 26, 2012, 11:37:40 PM »
During my leave I learned some stuff and am not so much of a computer noon anymore. I'll try downloading this again whenever I have time and feel like it

anything