Author Topic: Re married to the ex  (Read 63495 times)

TheLostGirls

Re: Re married to the ex
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2010, 07:06:25 PM »
I had same problem with her so I got her pregnant and killed him, I know that was cruel but it adds spice!  ;)

Samoht, must everything be drama with you? ;D

Offline aws_137

• Townie
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2010, 11:02:01 AM »
Yep, I just tested this to see first-hand what this hassle is about. Yep, I can't have my Sims re-marry.

I've tested every way.

I have 3 Sims. A is married to B. A is also a romantic interest of C. C has an ex-boyfriend.

Lvl 1. C asks A to break up with B.
Lvl 2. A and B become ex-wife/husband. B and C become enemies.
Lvl 3. A tells B to become just friends. B becomes a Best Friend to A(and vice versa)
Lvl 4. A 'Confess Attraction for C' to B. I can repeat 'Confess Attraction for C' again and again and again. Usually this does not happen for other Sims' husbands or wives I confessed to. This seems to be where the problem lies.

Note: At every 'level', I get A and C to Extremely Irresistable and look for the option to Go Steady. The option did not appear in any levels.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

TheLostGirls

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2010, 11:20:50 AM »
No it is not possible to become more than a romantic interest with an ex. I am the reigning queen of Sim love so I know it well.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2010, 12:04:33 PM »
Samoht, must everything be drama with you? ;D

Yes, I got the resurrect Oppprtunity. I took it, then turned him into a cheating machine because they still couldn't get past BF and GF. She teleported into bedroom and bang. Then she went into labour, had two twins and moved onto another lot. Oh, and The Ghost guy got two others preggers. Another normal day in the Sims.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

TheLostGirls

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2010, 03:10:40 PM »
I did something like that too.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2010, 05:15:58 PM »
I changed both their names too, so it was probably just the Saved Game that had the bug. It isn't a terrible bug just unrealistic and anoying....

TheLostGirls

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2010, 05:20:27 PM »
Unlike Sims totally.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2010, 07:07:11 AM »
I have had the same problem, whether my sims were ex's from marriage or relationships, the "going steady" would never show up.  I had made this sim girl and her relationship ex was Christopher Steel.  She got together with an ex maid that I had move in.  Option for "going steady" never came up, for as long as they had been together.  He turned elder and I wanted her to have one more baby and they were doing their romantic interactions, he was doing the asking and it came up "break up with rebecca", I went excuse me, lol.......I guess she had gotten a girlfriend somewhere, not sure where since I play this couple all of the time, anyway, I had her break up and then all of the options came up, "go steady, engaged and marriage", so I finally made an honest woman out of her.  That is the first time that had came up out of all of the sims, so maybe something is fixed, going to try another couple and find out.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2010, 09:46:24 PM »
Well, it is official.  I have now gotten all of my couples either engaged or married that I could not before, not sure if something was fixed or what happened, but I like it. 
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2010, 11:09:07 PM »
That's great to know, Saltypaws.  I really thing it was something EA had to fix.  It was happening too often to too many people (including me).  Very glad that it's all better now!
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2010, 04:15:17 AM »
I am now very scared! My Legacy Heir didn't get the option to Go Steady with her foreign lover, Even after curing him with the Moodlet Manager, the houshold was fulll then, but now her brother has moved out, her Sister has invited her foreign lover over and I am hoping it will work! It seems odd how they would just suddenly not be able to get into a relationship! Also I said about a Spare who is Going Steady with another sim (both not under my control) well they both have had a kid with each other but their relationship hasn't gone any further!