Author Topic: This sims' action is making me crazy  (Read 2418 times)

bshag

This sims' action is making me crazy
« on: April 04, 2010, 01:30:59 PM »
I have just been noticing this action by sims lately...not sure if they had been doing it all along.  When sims who haven't been assigned a command just move from chair to chair to couch to chair, back to couch, back to chair, etc...it's driving me nuts. :P  What happened to stopping to read a book, play computer games, play the guitar...this action is pointless.  I kind of liked the idea of a sim being able to "play by themselves" without me always telling them what to do all the time.  

Has anybody else notice this happening?

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
Re: This sims' action is making me crazy
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 02:05:27 PM »
How long does that go on?
I notice when I stop giving commands the Sims wait a few minutes before going into auto mode.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 02:12:18 PM »
bshag, is the Sim in question by any chance a Couch Potato?

bshag

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 12:45:40 PM »
Hey metro, nope, in fact I've noticed several sims doing it.  Not only the ones I control but townies are doing it also, moving from park bench to park bench.  This is only happening, I think, in my older neighborhoods, the ones I've had since initial installation back in June.  It's the consenses of some of the more knowledgeable simmers at the official site that older neighborhoods get "glitchy" and the longer you play them the glitchier (is that a word?) they get. :P

I just think it's weird and just wondering if anyone else has had this observation.

Hey Livvie, it goes on for a lot longer than it should.  I just sat one time and watched and the poor sim was wearing themselves out...about for a sim hour before I intervened. 

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 12:49:45 PM »
I have noticed (in my free-will legacy where I only control 1 sim) that sometimes they will just go and sit in a chair with no other associated action, like reading a book or watching tv.  But it seems like they get up and move on to other activities pretty quickly, they don't just sit for hours doing nothing.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 03:22:55 PM »
Often with my sims, they can sit for several hours on the couch, not moving an inch, and then go and read a book or eat when their needs get too low.
I have not cared to look too closely at uncontrolled sims, but with those in my household I'm positive this has to do with the amount of free will you've given them. Personally, I set it to none since I don't ever want them to do anything stupid, but I wouldn't be surprised if your problem would arise if they have a high free will. Maybe with the high setting the sims do whatever they can to actually have something to do, even if it's just to move to another seat. What have you set the free will on?

and the longer you play them the glitchier (is that a word?) they get.
LOL. Actually, it is a word. ;D
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 04:08:24 PM »
Hm, that is very strange! My Sims have never experienced anything like that, maybe once when they were in Egypt and my Sim kept canceling all of his actions for no reason, that is the only other thing I can say and it doesn't seem those two are related! :/ I hope you find a solution, unfortunately though, I don't have one for you. Sorry. :(

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

bshag

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 11:23:50 AM »
Thanks for all the responses.  I think my only solution is to not watch what the other sims are doing.  I'm pretty sure there is no fix...just an annoying feature that has somehow crept into my games. :P

Glad that's a word. :D

anything