Author Topic: A brief description of Twallan's (Nraas) Mods.  (Read 208266 times)

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Re: A brief description of Twallan's Mods.
« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2012, 12:22:59 AM »
Being a relatively casual player, I have never used Mods before--and actually only learned of them recently. Most of these listed mods seem really cool--especially Traveler!--but I'm hesitant to download them into my game, simply for fear of lag and complications. Do mods slow down a game, or otherwise complicate it?
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2012, 12:35:27 AM »
Well, put it this way. Some Mods can have an adverse effect on your game due to size (I believe). If your setup isn't the best, you can get lag. Otherwise, some of the larger Mods (*cough* twallan *cough*) can be confusing to beginners, due to the amount of options. And do your research! The complications you speak of would likely come about from downloading a Mod that did something you didn't expect. For instance, my only current Mod, [Gym Bug Fix and Dartboard Improvement] - if I hadn't mentioned one of the parts, a user who downloaded it would've gotten a not-so-nice surprise in the form of a fix they didn't expect.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2012, 01:06:25 AM »
Being a relatively casual player, I have never used Mods before--and actually only learned of them recently. Most of these listed mods seem really cool--especially Traveler!--but I'm hesitant to download them into my game, simply for fear of lag and complications. Do mods slow down a game, or otherwise complicate it?

I run most of twallan's mods and the only one that will give me a little lag is Story Progression.
Some mods like Overwatch reduce lag in my game by deleting cars in townies inventory (usually around 80 each night) and reseting stuck sims. Without Overwatch my game lags out and becomes unplayable after a few sim weeks, so it's one mod I can't play without.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2012, 05:11:07 AM »
Updated with Retuner. I also explained a bit more about UntranslatedKey and why it's unnecessary for most users.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2012, 05:12:44 PM »
There are a few other modders, that I also trust, because they keep their mods updated. I've lost count on the number of mods I have; but, my game is much more enjoyable.
Story Progression can lag; but you have the ability to decrease the stories to make it lag less. Also with Overwatch, when I see a slight lag, I ask it to immediately to clean up the cars. Often there are 100 cars it deletes, and no problem until the nightly clean-up.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2014, 06:07:01 PM »
Overwatch and NoCD are glorious mods. I would do story progression but - my poor computer. I do love the idea of master controller so I can choose the story progression but will that make my game lag?

Offline rammstein23

• Nooboo
« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2015, 09:19:59 PM »
Has anyone else had the issue where any mod (I've tried individual mods) causes the game to crash as soon as the sim tries to do anything? I haven't had any luck finding possible causes or fixes on the nraas site.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline fivine

• Goofball
  • Townie
Re:last post
« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2015, 05:41:34 AM »
you need to check on main mod websites help for how to detect bad working mods, can be hassle if you have a lot.
There are some programs to check at least if you have duplicate or not compatible mods together.

There is no program helping on this in twallan offer.

Besides this, many times, the problem is mods not updated to the last patch or game not updated too. mods needs often to be same level of patch as the game.
If you cant get your game working at all, you need to do a clean reinstall with no mod when put them slowly again until you find which one made the problem.

Offline fivine

• Goofball
  • Townie
« Reply #68 on: August 14, 2015, 05:58:15 AM »
about lag in my own experience 3 of twallan mods are resource consuming and need be tested or fine tuned to not cause too much lag:
-story progression
-woohooer
-dresser
other ones didn't change anything in performance.

i did stop using story progression for a while but finally put it back it s too awesome when your dream is to keep a town for a long time. You may consider what is really important and what is less in the whole package and make a few sacrifice (some sacrifice on the graphic settings too)
i run Sunlit Tiles fully customized with some medium setting on old i5 PC with medium graphic card. I know if i put more as 2-3 huge houses full of cc it s not going to work. so you need to consider there is a limit to not cross...it s not going to work if i put no limit for pop in SP either, 100-120 works well in my own experience, i could go down like 60 it s already a lot of townies to play.
 i am fine if i get an error 12 after a full day of playing and i will restart before reaching that point. I am not if it s after 3hrs (like 2-3 auto saves)