Author Topic: NRaas Industries  (Read 175550 times)

Offline HollyEtta

• Nooboo
Re: NRaas Industries
« Reply #75 on: December 15, 2012, 07:11:14 AM »
I played Pets when it first came out, but now find I absolutely do not want to play with the animals, at all.  I've keyed animals out of my game along with all Supernaturals, but I still get horse, deer, dog, cat and racoon spawns.  Is one of the mods able to remove all the animals without me having to jump to MapView and search for all recent spawns so I can manually delete?

I have StoryProgression(plus Extra, Extension), MasterController, Saver, Overwatch and one, maybe, two others.

The minor spawns don't bother me.  The creatures are not capable of messing up or destroying objects or plants.

HollyEtta

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #76 on: December 15, 2012, 03:50:10 PM »
I don't think so. I'm sure that deer are unblockable because they're spawned according to World Classification in CaW - BP is a designated City so you will never see a deer there. This is only changeable in CaW itself.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline HollyEtta

• Nooboo
« Reply #77 on: December 16, 2012, 11:00:59 AM »
Thanks for the reply.  I'm unhappy about that, but I'm sure I'll just learn how to delete faster.   ;D  Thanks again.
Holly

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #78 on: December 16, 2012, 05:16:52 PM »
Download Twallan's "Register". With that you can determine the number of animals in the game.

Offline NonaMena

• Townie
    • Nona's Sims
« Reply #79 on: December 28, 2012, 02:35:11 AM »
I don't think so. I'm sure that deer are unblockable because they're spawned according to World Classification in CaW - BP is a designated City so you will never see a deer there. This is only changeable in CaW itself.

You can change the pets allowed in worlds with the PetPool XML, including allowing deer in BP. :) No CAW editing or script mod required, but I use Register anyhow so if I did change the pet pool, I'd just use Register to do it.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #80 on: December 28, 2012, 06:39:29 AM »
Very cool - thanks for that tip Nona

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #81 on: January 03, 2013, 02:17:35 AM »
You can change the pets allowed in worlds with the PetPool XML, including allowing deer in BP. :) No CAW editing or script mod required, but I use Register anyhow so if I did change the pet pool, I'd just use Register to do it.

Shows how much I love pets. ::) Thanks for that Nona, I've never seen that file before.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline DeNile

• Occult
« Reply #82 on: February 26, 2013, 12:26:03 AM »
Just as a note for anyone who doesn't know: Twallan has changed how StoryProgression is separated in modules. Some of the things in the standard have been moved out and others which were part of Extra and Expanded are moved in. Modules are now also called different things. Personally, I love this separation a lot better!
The Pendragon Randomacy. My new, and hopefully long-term, story for Carl's forum. Following Anita Pendragon: The Runaway.

Offline mondicat

• Nooboo
« Reply #83 on: March 20, 2013, 12:00:45 PM »
I have a question about Register that I wonder if anyone here can help me with.  When I am filling empty roles in town a list of Sims comes up with a column titled "Type".  Can anyone help me with what the letters under "Type" mean?  I'm guessing that "E" means employed, "R" means either resident or role sim, I have no idea what "A" means.  I've checked Twallan's site but can't find any info there.  Thanks!!

Offline SimAd

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #84 on: March 20, 2013, 12:54:04 PM »
Mmmh. Good question. I'll open a thread on the NRaas Wiki.

Offline SimAd

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #85 on: March 20, 2013, 02:41:39 PM »
S = Service Sim
H = Homeless Sim
R = Resident Sim
A = Sim with Assigned Role
E = Employed Sim

I'll try get it in the FAQs somewhere.

ETA: The meaning of the abbreviations shows up in a tooltip if you hover the mouse over the column header.

Offline mondicat

• Nooboo
« Reply #86 on: March 20, 2013, 09:11:48 PM »
That's awesome, thanks so much!   ;D

Chuckles_82

« Reply #87 on: April 26, 2013, 12:56:25 AM »
I haven't gotten as far as even starting creating sims for my world, but I was wondering, do DNA samples export safely if created in EIG?

Chuckles_82

« Reply #88 on: May 25, 2013, 02:27:26 AM »
I'm using Overwatch to test routing in Cypress Lakes, and I keep having some mixologists and bartenders getting stuck where they spawn. I'm not sure why they are stamping their feet - whether the object that they want to interact with is inaccessible, or something is blocking their path. Is there any way to find out? Do I need master controller as well for this?

Offline SingleMomSim

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #89 on: July 05, 2013, 11:39:11 AM »
For the past few years, I've stayed away from mods altogether.  I'd always thought they caused more problems in my game than they solved.  But it's all over this site that so many people use them, now I'm starting to wonder if maybe that has changed?

So here's what I would like:
I would like a high quality story progression mod.  One that actually pushes the sims not in my family to enter relationships, get married, have kids, get jobs, etc.  Currently in my game, it's rare that I see that.  I used to have the NRAAS Industries story progression mod and I loved it, until it messed my game up beyond repair and I had to completely re-install.  My concerns for getting this mod are as follows:
I don't want something that's all or nothing.  Meaning, if I get Master Controller (which I think is what the story progression is included in?) that means I can then do EVERYTHING.  I don't want to do everything.  I generally like to play my game cheat-free, unless something really bad happens or a sim is stuck, or whatever.
Of course, another concern is whether or not it will mess up my game!
And, one of my main concerns is how much maintenance will I have to do.  It used to be that you had to create folders, and move files, and do allllll this annoying time-consuming stuff JUST so you can have this ONE mod in your game.  And then you'd have to keep doing the folder moving, etc, it wasn't a one-time thing.  If this process has been streamlined now, awesome!  I saw that there is a thread for a step-by-step guide on how to install mods, so I'm not asking for that here.  I'm fully capable of reading that, I'm just expressing my concerns.

Another mod I would like is that saver thing?  The one that saves your game every 15 minutes or whatever.  I have a very bad habit of forgetting to save, and then something bad happens and I've lost all my progress.

Then I saw that Twallen has those other mods that prevent problems or help you troubleshoot.  I generally DON'T have problems in my game.  I have NO CC and stay away from it simply for that reason!  So....I'm not sure I would need them.  Unless, it's to prevent problems that the Master Controller creates, in which case, that would simply turn me off to the Master Controller completely.

As you can see, I don't want a bunch of maintenance.  Any advice would be awesome!  Thanks!

anything