Author Topic: NRaas Industries  (Read 173927 times)

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
Re: NRaas Industries
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2012, 03:10:26 PM »
@Fez

Whether it lags or not will probably depend on how many you have. ErrorTrap alone is probably not going to break the proverbial camel's back. But if you get too many, then it probably will.

Since Error Trap is a core mod you definitely must remove it before playing after you patch. I like to remove all of my mods before patching that way there is no way I can play with outdated mods after I patch.

And it might fix the crashing. But Error Trap is as easily uninstalled as it is to install. So you might want to considering trying it and seeing if it does fix your crashing. Then you can go from there.

My old desktop could barely run the game. It couldn't even handle Bridgeport (it wouldn't render any Sims that weren't necessary and the lag was crazy bad). So if you can run Bridgeport to some degree, Story Progression probably won't cause too much lag for you. Except maybe in Bridgeport. And just like Error Trap, it's easily uninstalled if it does cause more lag than you can tolerate.

Thanks, Seera. I can't run BP, so I suppose that gives me my answer. I'll likely install SP on my new computer. :) I'll defenitley be installing ErrorTrap, thanks.

Offline DeNile

• Occult
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2012, 03:40:47 PM »
If it's a paragraph, then you might be more in luck. Though some mods probably only require the sentence.
I for one, would love if someone could do a paragraph for NRaas Industries Mods, because, try as I might, I have no idea what they do. I've read all the interactions on the lists for most of the mods, studied their one sentence descriptions and other descriptions, but I just can't make heads or tails of any of it.
The Pendragon Randomacy. My new, and hopefully long-term, story for Carl's forum. Following Anita Pendragon: The Runaway.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2012, 04:37:44 PM »
I for one, would love if someone could do a paragraph for NRaas Industries Mods, because, try as I might, I have no idea what they do. I've read all the interactions on the lists for most of the mods, studied their one sentence descriptions and other descriptions, but I just can't make heads or tails of any of it.

I've made a list of what they do here. Hope this helps.

Offline DeNile

• Occult
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2012, 05:12:50 PM »
The Pendragon Randomacy. My new, and hopefully long-term, story for Carl's forum. Following Anita Pendragon: The Runaway.

Frey

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2012, 06:19:58 PM »
Hmm. I've heard that having two mods that alter Story Progression is a bad bad thing to do... would this also apply to having Master Controller with the StoryProgression add-on and Story Progression? I haven't installed any of them yet but I would like to get at least one of them, so I wanted to check first.

Offline wednesday21

• Lurker
  • Occult
  • Joker is slightly amused.
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2012, 06:24:50 PM »
Hmm. I've heard that having two mods that alter Story Progression is a bad bad thing to do... would this also apply to having Master Controller with the StoryProgression add-on and Story Progression? I haven't installed any of them yet but I would like to get at least one of them, so I wanted to check first.

Have a better look. ;) You have to have both MasterController and StoryProgression base-mods in order to run the (Story)Progression module for MasterController.

MOD

This mod adds progression related interactions to the "Master Controller" menu.

This is an optional module for MasterController AND StoryProgression (Phase Twelve or greater).

• You require both base-mods to be installed for this mod to operate properly.

Frey

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2012, 06:41:24 PM »
Oops!! Thanks  ;) I read the whole thing but I guessed I just missed that. Then Master Controller and Story Progression are definitely going to join ErroTrap in my game  :).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2012, 01:49:26 AM »

If you're using Twallan's Story Progression mods, they're specifically designed to work together and not conflict with each other.  Master Controller (the main mod that make them work) is modular, and the different story progression mods are modules for it.  It allows you to add the functionality you want without giving you a bunch of functionality that you don't.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline NonaMena

• Townie
    • Nona's Sims
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2012, 01:18:29 PM »
I can't believe I forgot to mention this before. You can get more information about the bigger mods at the Documentation Page on the NRaas Wiki: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Documentation

There's also a link to it in the left side bar, under FAQS / TIPS & TRICKS. The NRaas Wiki is filled with valuable information about the mods. In fact, that mod suite is probably the best documented set of script mods for the Sims 3.

Offline Missa

• Townie
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2012, 01:25:06 PM »
I wanted to add that I haven't ever used Mods before, and since last week really didn't understand what they were. But this change in the forum made me curious and I checked out Twallens wiki and ModtheSims. After a lot of reading due to increasing frustrating problems with my game I decided to install Overwatch, ErrorTrap and Saver. (I backed up my game, creating 2 different "The Sims 3" folders, one with "_old" at the end) and installed them one at a time, playing the game after each one to ensure I installed it correctly. Following the instructions on his website was simple and I am so happy with my game! Especially the Saver, which prompts you to save at the length of time you choose. It was one of my worst problems, to play for a long time and then have the game crash only to realize that I hadn't saved and just lost a month of my sims life. It was so irritating to have to play that month over again! So I really appreciate all the hard work Twallen put into his Mods  ;D

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2012, 03:10:06 PM »
Especially the Saver, which prompts you to save at the length of time you choose. It was one of my worst problems, to play for a long time and then have the game crash only to realize that I hadn't saved and just lost a month of my sims life. It was so irritating to have to play that month over again! So I really appreciate all the hard work Twallen put into his Mods  ;D

This is one I need to remember to download.  I have a similar issue due to my general lack of anything resembling a long term memory.  ;)
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2012, 04:45:39 PM »
This is one I need to remember to download.  I have a similar issue due to my general lack of anything resembling a long term memory.  ;)

Diffidently, Of the mods I use, Saver is the one that I rely on the most. And keeps me from screaming to loud with I crash because I know I've got a save within 30 minutes back.
Before I started using it I don't know how many times I would crash and think well I just started playing so it's not to bad. Then I look at the clock and think, what, that was 3 hours ago. What happened to the time.  :o
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline birdy

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Re: NRaas Industries
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2012, 05:15:05 PM »
I hear they have some very useful mods there.

Though, if you ask me, the chap that maintains them is kind of a nut. :)

The chap that maintains them has got to be a secret superhero or something. *shaking head* I seriously do not know how he has time to sleep or eat or even play the game himself! But, as a loyal (quiet) fan over the last two years, I thoroughly appreciate and value his work.

Offline birdy

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Re: NRaas Industries
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2012, 05:21:50 PM »
Two other mods worth mentioning are Overwatch and Error Trap.  Overwatch corrects the common bugs and glitches that plague us all, while Error Trap does clean up on your saves (helping to keep them reasonably sized) and provides error reports that can help to troubleshoot game related issues.

Is it "safe" to install Error Trap in already saved games? Or will my game crash from all the cleanup Error Trap will have to do on the first load...? I'm guessing it's safe but wanted to be sure. Thanks! :)

Frey

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2012, 06:22:40 PM »
Auto-saves? I definitely need that mod. I've been asking myself why EA hasn't added an auto-save option ever since I was playing  The Sims 1  ::).

Thanks Hosfac for clearing that up, I'm going to download them both on Tuesday when I get home (I'm on vacations now  :)) And Saver, that's for sure.