Author Topic: Twallan's traveler's mod does not fix some issues  (Read 3963 times)

Offline Blanchflower

• Occult
Twallan's traveler's mod does not fix some issues
« on: March 13, 2012, 01:32:33 AM »
OK, I am facing a problem here. I am using Twallan's traveler's mod and it seems to work most of the time when I am traveling to the 3 countries, China, Egypt and France. But a new problem appeared.

I found 88% of unique fireflies and then decided to travel to China. When I reached there, the percentage of unique fireflies dropped to 25%!! All of my hard work has gone to waste! The same issue with traveling occurs with the percentage of cooking recipes being known as well. But the unique percentage of rocks being analyzed remained stable.

Can Twallan please care to comment on this issue and try to fix this?

Thanks!

:'(

Offline NonaMena

• Townie
    • Nona's Sims
Re: Twallan's traveler's mod does not fix some issues
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 03:20:06 AM »
If you discover an issue or problem with one of his mods, you should post at his website and not here. He takes great care to be sure to read the threads at his Wiki, but he might not have time to visit here or see a thread that is posted here.

Also, if you don't already have it, I recommend ErrorTrap. I can't remember everything that ErrorTrap fixes but this might be one of them.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Blanchflower

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 03:27:07 AM »
If you discover an issue or problem with one of his mods, you should post at his website and not here. He takes great care to be sure to read the threads at his Wiki, but he might not have time to visit here or see a thread that is posted here.

Also, if you don't already have it, I recommend ErrorTrap. I can't remember everything that ErrorTrap fixes but this might be one of them.

OK, thanks for the kind reply. I posted the problem on his wiki. By the way,where do I download ErrorTrap? I can't seem to find this on his wiki.

Offline NonaMena

• Townie
    • Nona's Sims
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 03:28:08 AM »
When in doubt, look at the list on the left sidebar :) It's alphabetical. http://nraas.wikispaces.com/ErrorTrap

Offline Blanchflower

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 04:06:23 AM »
When in doubt, look at the list on the left sidebar :) It's alphabetical. http://nraas.wikispaces.com/ErrorTrap

Thanks for the link. But installing the mod ErrorTrap did not solve the issue. Why don't EA fix this game to make it perfect? I guess I won't be playing Sims 3 for a long time because of these bugs.

:'(

Offline NonaMena

• Townie
    • Nona's Sims
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2012, 05:28:58 AM »
Well, Sims 3 is a very complicated game. I'm not EA's biggest fan (for various reasons) but I don't actually expect the game to be perfectly bug free, because the game is just too huge and complicated. It's too ba dthat ErroTrap didn't help, but it's good that you posted at the NRaas Wiki, because now Twallan will definitely see your post.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 05:03:41 PM »
But installing the mod ErrorTrap did not solve the issue.

That's because collection problems are probably not the result of game breaking script errors.

Why don't EA fix this game to make it perfect?

Montgomery Scott from Star Trek said it best:  "The more you overwork the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain."  This essentially means that the more complicated something is, the better your chances are that something will go wrong with it.  And Sims 3 is very complicated.

So the reason they don't make it perfect is probably because they can't.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline NonaMena

• Townie
    • Nona's Sims
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2012, 04:05:41 AM »
The new version of Traveler (34) should fix your issue now.

Offline Blanchflower

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2012, 07:41:32 AM »
The new version of Traveler (34) should fix your issue now.

Thanks for the link! That was very kind of you!

:)