Author Topic: Recommended Modders and modsites  (Read 22276 times)

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
Re: Recommended Modders and modsites
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2012, 03:06:54 PM »
Yeah, that's why I said I don't think there's any way to know how any one computer will react to StoryProgression.

This is a fair statement.  It's well known that even a vanilla game can run differently on different machines, even if their system specs are virtually identical.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2012, 03:39:33 PM »
Before the latest patch I had no lag using MC, Story Progression, Overwatch and WooHooer. I think the patch has effected my game since I prefer to play offline. Now with this new patch, I lag and am not happy. it's not the mods, it's EA; they want you to be online to monitor how you use the game. Call me paranoid; but, I'll go online next time and see if it changes my lag.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2012, 05:33:04 PM »
I just wanted to say this is an awesome list of mod sites. I'm getting excited to try new possibilities in my game!
I have used Story Progression before but I'm still iffy about what it actually does to my game.

Offline Justwright

• Townie
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2012, 11:24:12 PM »
Any advice for a mod that helps with matchmaking?  I have a terrible time finding suitable mates for my sims.  I miss the Gypsy from sims 2!

Offline NonaMena

• Townie
    • Nona's Sims
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2012, 01:55:30 AM »
Any advice for a mod that helps with matchmaking?  I have a terrible time finding suitable mates for my sims.  I miss the Gypsy from sims 2!

You can use the NRaas Woohooer + Woohooer scoring  for that. It will add an interaction to the Day Spa, "Visit Matchmaker" which will tell you who your sim will be more attracted to. It costs 500§, but that is tunable.

Offline Justwright

• Townie
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2012, 09:13:38 PM »
Yep, how much of a performance hit is incurred by using NRaas StoryProgression can be greatly exacerbated by the world. Worlds with high population will require more more calculations, as the mod needs to push more sims, and those sims will also be required to route more. Worlds with routing problems will suffer even more, because sims will have trouble going to where StoryProgression sends them.

There is another line in the StoryProgression FAQ which also specifically states:

I spent all day today playing a new game in Riverview WITH StoryProgression, Master Controller, WooHooer, ErrorTrap and Overwatch.  No lag, No problems, no glitches.   You were right, a smaller town was the answer.  Woot!

Offline ErinIsNice

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2012, 09:17:35 PM »
I use Shimrod's memory disabling mod, and his no vampires/no celebrities mod and I love them both and haven't had any problems with them.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline NonaMena

• Townie
    • Nona's Sims
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2012, 06:38:43 AM »
I've updated this thread to add more recommendations and links to recommendations form others. I've bene meaning to do this for a while, just have been busy working on other things.

Offline Branr

• Occult
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2012, 12:28:57 AM »
Recommend for a sticky