Author Topic: I took a picture of a Sim for a adventure about online dating and nothing.  (Read 17218 times)

Offline thesimslover828

• Playing The Sims 3 again, WooHoo!!!
  • Immortal
  • Death To The Visitors, V Is For Victory
The adventure said to take a picture of a certain Sim, so I did, but the panel acts like I never took a picture of the Sim.
We are of peace, always but this is war.
We are of peace, always.
We'll help build a resistance. We have to fight.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: I took a picture of a Sim for a adventure about online dating and nothing.
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 03:00:11 PM »
Have you removed all photos from the camera but that specific picture?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline thesimslover828

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 03:25:51 PM »
Have you removed all photos from the camera but that specific picture?
Yep but it did nothing.
We are of peace, always.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Offline skybaker

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 10:21:55 PM »
Are you sure the picture your sim took with the subject of "A Sim in the Area" or "My Friend" etc. In order to complete this adventure, your sim must have a picture in his/her inventory with subject specified to the target sim.
I completed a similar adventure in France recently. But this is really hard to take a picture with the above subject. Just try and try!
Now I realize playing the Sims 3 on Mac is playing the game of installation and uninstallation...

Offline Branr

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 12:31:21 AM »
Also, be sure to remove the picture from the camera into your inventory to get the update.

Offline thesimslover828

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 11:42:40 PM »
I took a picture of Ancient Coins and did what yall said and it didn't register so I guess it's a glitch with pictures.
We are of peace, always.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
You have to make sure that the camera is registering what the picture is supposed to be.  If you take a picture of a sim or a pile of ancient coins, it will say something like "A Sim in the Area" or "Pile of Ancient Coins" below the reticule.  If it doesn't say this, it's not going to register for the adventure.  Move the reticule around until it comes up and snap the picture when the title appears.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
This one is a pain, I did this recently. First make sure you are taking a photo of the Sim and not something else accidently, if your photography skill is low then most of the time you end up taking a photo of something other than your target. When I did this I called the Sim outside and took the photo of her there, that way there were less objects in the way that my Sim could accidently take photos of instead. Make sure the photo is called "A Sim in the area" and remove it from your camera, should work, did for me.

anything