Author Topic: How do I share a lot I made?  (Read 3088 times)

mosher66

How do I share a lot I made?
« on: March 24, 2012, 11:55:04 PM »
O.K this is probably a really noob question, but i'm working on a house with secret rooms, when it's done and I save the lot, where exactly to I find the lot in my documents folder so I can upload it?

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
Re: how do i share a lot i made?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 12:23:45 AM »
It's ages since I did this but if you save it as a Sims3pack it should be in your Exports file.

A good way to share lots, and it's the way we do it on another site I am on, is to save it to your library (the bin).  Make note of the time that you do it, then check your Library folder and sort it by date.  The file that corresponds to the time you saved your house (or the top one) should be your house.  Make a copy, rename it to whatever you want to call it, and then you can share it knowing that it will not include any custom or store content that may have crept into your house.  When the person downloads it, they just put it into their library folder.  It makes a much smaller file than a Sims3pack and is perfectly safe.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

mosher66

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 12:26:41 AM »
It's ages since I did this but if you save it as a Sims3pack it should be in your Exports file.

A good way to share lots, and it's the way we do it on another site I am on, is to save it to your library (the bin).  Make note of the time that you do it, then check your Library folder and sort it by date.  The file that corresponds to the time you saved your house (or the top one) should be your house.  Make a copy, rename it to whatever you want to call it, and then you can share it knowing that it will not include any custom or store content that may have crept into your house.  When the person downloads it, they just put it into their library folder.  It makes a much smaller file than a Sims3pack and is perfectly safe.

O.K so if I use the latter any CC or store content will be auto removed when someone uses it?

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 01:46:27 AM »
Yes.  No cc is transferred that way.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2012, 05:53:56 AM »
If you're talking about sharing the lot with our Forum, we have a Swap Shop that you can use.  This link is to the board and there are topics with rules and instructions on how to do it.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."