Author Topic: Sims 3 fireflies collection?  (Read 31933 times)

Offline Blanchflower

• Occult
Re: Sims 3 fireflies collection?
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2012, 12:16:30 AM »
I didn't have to put Butterfly spawners anywhere but if you look at the list I gave you there are differences in quality.   You can't find a rainbow beetle every day in a game and you're not going to find the pink and purple fireflies every day in a game.   Also, the fireflies only spawn from specific spawners. 

Pratinus (green) and Fulvus (Yellow) are the most common of the common.  I was able to get them everywhere including Cat park, Dog park, Billboard across from junkyard, Bedlington lot and horse ranch lot.  These two are most likely the Low 1 spawner

I only found Albus (white) in two spots that I remember. So it's probably Low 2 or Med 1 spawner.
The blue one I only saw once and it was near a fence between town and the junkyard I think it shares a spawn that does the red admiral butterflies.
The orange one was the hardest one to find out of all of them and it's only an uncommon. 
I saw pinks and purples near the waterfall and at the end of the road where all the rich houses were.  They seemed to be spawner High 1 or 2. 
I think I got the red one in the middle of that field behind the junkyard.  It was the second most rare out of all my searches as I only had 2 of them after a week of hunting and having an entire lot full of spawners.

They are new to the game and they are not something you're going to be able to just collect in one night just like you can't get them all with butterflies.  I spent the day getting butterflies and the night getting fireflies.

OK, so high spawners means rare spawners, right? And medium and low means uncommon and common respectively, right?

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2012, 12:28:12 AM »
Yes, you can be too strict at times, Pam.

Too strict?  Is there a reason that the rules shouldn't be enforced evenly and fairly across the board?   ???
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Blanchflower

• Occult
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2012, 12:39:28 AM »
Too strict?  Is there a reason that the rules shouldn't be enforced evenly and fairly across the board?   ???

Yes, I understand, but rules must also be flexible at times. Anyway, lets come back to my question in my previous post.

Offline Blanchflower

• Occult
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2012, 02:35:30 AM »
OK, so high spawners means rare spawners, right? And medium and low means uncommon and common respectively, right?

Nobody knows the answer to my question?

:'(

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2012, 06:19:55 AM »
I was trying to help you with what spawners to place down.   In my game, under buydebug, the spawners are named high, med, low and epic not common, uncommon, rare and extraordinarily unusual.   As previously mentioned green, white, yellow and orange are common.  Blue and red are uncommon. Pink and Purple are rare. 

It just happened to take longer for some of the lower quality to spawn then the longer.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Blanchflower

• Occult
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2012, 06:24:00 AM »
I was trying to help you with what spawners to place down.   In my game, under buydebug, the spawners are named high, med, low and epic not common, uncommon, rare and extraordinarily unusual.   As previously mentioned green, white, yellow and orange are common.  Blue and red are uncommon. Pink and Purple are rare. 

It just happened to take longer for some of the lower quality to spawn then the longer.

Thanks for the kind reply finally. So to understand correctly, when a low spawner is placed, a common butterfly (or firefly) will spawn, right? When an epic spawner is placed, a rare butterfly (or firefly) will spawn, right?

Is my understanding correct?

:D

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2012, 06:28:56 AM »
Sorry I was sleeping that's why it took me a while to reply.

And for the spawners there are specific ranges of butterflies associated with each one so you can't say only common or uncommon will come from them.   That's why I gave you the spawners several posts back that I expected actually spawned fireflies as well as butterflies.  There are something like 12 butterfly spawners.  The ones that I expect to never show a firefly are the ones with specific names instead of high, low and med.  I want to say that epic probably won't do one either but that could just be that the epic I placed on my lot didn't spawn any for the 2 sim weeks I was in the game because it's supposed to be that kind of timing. 

This is not going to happen overnight and I don't know if there is anymore possible information about the subject.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Blanchflower

• Occult
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2012, 06:31:54 AM »
Sorry I was sleeping that's why it took me a while to reply.

And for the spawners there are specific ranges of butterflies associated with each one so you can't say only common or uncommon will come from them.   That's why I gave you the spawners several posts back that I expected actually spawned fireflies as well as butterflies.  There are something like 12 butterfly spawners.  The ones that I expect to never show a firefly are the ones with specific names instead of high, low and med.  I want to say that epic probably won't do one either but that could just be that the epic I placed on my lot didn't spawn any for the 2 sim weeks I was in the game.

Thanks for the kind reply. So if I want fireflies, I must place butterfly spawners without any specific name except for low, medium and high. As for epic, I am not sure what is wrong with that spawner. By the way, do you know the meaning of low, medium, high and epic spawners? What do they mean exactly? Do you have any clue, my friend?

;D

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2012, 06:43:38 AM »
I found this list with a little help from google - it's from right here on the forums.   It doesn't show what fireflies are attached because it's an old list but I hope it helps.  BuyDebug Spawners List

Offline Blanchflower

• Occult
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2012, 08:46:27 AM »
I found this list with a little help from google - it's from right here on the forums.   It doesn't show what fireflies are attached because it's an old list but I hope it helps.  BuyDebug Spawners List

Thanks for the link! It helped! So to spawn fireflies, I just have to create Butterfly spawners which are nameless like high, mid and low!

;D

Offline Blanchflower

• Occult
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2012, 04:54:29 AM »
OK, I am facing serious problem here. I keep collecting Firefly fulvus and Firefly pratinus on AP! Why is this so. 2 Sim weeks have past and my collection remains at 25%!

What can I do to achieve perfection? I am a "completionist" by the way and I love to complete all my games. I added the necessary spawners but still I am getting these two types of fireflies again and again!

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2012, 08:51:27 AM »
You've looked at night in the places I previously mentioned every night for two weeks and didn't see them ?  Not just where you placed spawners but where I mentioned having found some.   Also, collecting is a waiting game.  You can place spawners but you can't make them spawn.   

Were you certain that you placed the spawners in open areas where no where within the green squares were items that fireflies, butterflies and minor pets could be hiding in?   Minor Pets spawn from the same spots too so make sure to look and see if any of them are there.  Maybe you need to catch some butterflies during the day and some pets to make sure the fireflies spawn.

Offline Blanchflower

• Occult
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2012, 10:38:13 AM »
OK, I finally collected 88% of the fireflies. There is one more firefly which I have yet to collect and that is the Firefly luteus! This is a common firefly so why is it so hard for me to collect it in AP? Where can I find this firefly on AP?

Thanks!

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2012, 03:41:56 PM »
The orange one was the hardest one to find out of all of them and it's only an common. 

It took me more than 2 sim weeks to find it and that was scouring lot after lot every night to find this thing.  Just keep looking as I don't remember where it was anymore

Offline Blanchflower

• Occult
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2012, 10:04:30 PM »
It took me more than 2 sim weeks to find it and that was scouring lot after lot every night to find this thing.  Just keep looking as I don't remember where it was anymore

OK thanks. Is it possible to find it in the 3 travel destinations? Egypt, China and France?

:D

anything