Author Topic: Moving one Sim out of household  (Read 96435 times)

bibi21

Moving one Sim out of household
« on: March 12, 2012, 12:05:44 PM »
I have a family of sims, and my teenage daughter just graduated, I want to move her out of the main home so she can get her own place but I still want full control over all the sims... How do I do it? Step by step lol I'm new at this :)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: moving one sim out of household
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 11:14:02 PM »
If you move the one Sim out, you won't be able to control her anymore.  You can only control the active household.

You have two ways to move her out.  You can either buy her a house or kick her out.  Both are done with the cell phone or a computer.  Have the one you want to move click on the phone and select Move.  A box will come up that lets you either choose a house for her or you can click the "Kick Out" box.  If you buy her a house, the money will come out of your family funds.  If you kick her out, it won't cost you anything and she'll take up residence in one of the available houses in town.

Also, I'm moving this to the Miscellaneous Help thread.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 01:16:34 AM »
Controlling sims in multiple households requires fiddling with story progression/aging options and might result in too-big game files (I'm experiencing that myself right now.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
moving one sim out of household
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 01:21:15 AM »
I've seen people build a small starter home on the same property sometimes. Seems like it would be harder to control everyone though.

Offline Huge

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 10:04:27 AM »
Funny you should mention this. I did exactly the same thing (moved a graduated son out of the family home) and I found I COULD control all sims. The rest of the family were fully controllable, and so was the grad. Pretty funny, I thought it was a New Feature(tm)

bibi21

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2012, 01:47:24 PM »
Thanx! That's interesting cos I youtube'd about it lol and this girl had moved the older brother out the house an she was still able to control him, it sucks ill actually miss the family! I think if I move her out I might make her an active household, if I do that, the rest of the fam will have gone right? Will they even remember her :( lol

bibi21

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2012, 01:50:11 PM »
@huge how did you do it? What exactly did you click? Because the first time I tried it,it moved hrr out an she was gone and I couldn't control her :( so I didn't save the game coss I figured I had clicked sdonethinbg wrong!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Huge

• Townie
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 09:45:35 AM »
I just moved him out as you would expect to. It was obviously just a weird bug.

Offline Hope512

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2012, 03:51:50 PM »
If you build another house on the same lot, can you still only have 8 sims? And can you assign a sim a particular bed?

I've got the surrounded by family lifetime wish, and I might have some of the family in another household (so I'd have to change active household), but I'd like to also have another house next to the family home on a large lot so they can be neighbours, but one active household.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2012, 04:23:29 PM »
Anyone able to control multiple households would likely be using mods to do it.

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2012, 05:07:47 PM »
All sims on the one lot - whether in one house or two - are counted in the eight.  You cannot have more than eight unless you use a mod to make it so.    :-*

It should not affect the 'surrounded by family' LTW if you move some out.  All that matters is they have the children and raise them to teens or whatever it is.

Sims go to the bed you send them to on the first night and should always use that bed.  This can break now and then - sometimes when they age up or leave the house - boarding school for instance.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2012, 03:14:31 PM »
I have a question on this topic.

My sim family, the dad has the surrounded LTW; four of the five aged up to YA, the youngest will turn be turning teen.  I am planning on moving two defintely out.

I am not sure in one area.  I had him use his cell phone to  move.  Picked out his  house, chose to move only him. 
Everything seemed fine, except before I did the final accept, it showed that he had all of the family income.  They had O (zero). 

1) How do I move him out without taking all of the funds from my main family?  I still  have mom and dad and I will be moving one of the twins out, leaving oldest, one twin and the youngest, who will be aging up "today" to teen. 

2) How can I be sure he takes what is in his inventory? 

3) How can I remodel his home, give him a better fridge, stove?

I don't want to kick him out, he deserves to have a nice home. 

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2012, 04:18:39 PM »
I have a question on this topic.

My sim family, the dad has the surrounded LTW; four of the five aged up to YA, the youngest will turn be turning teen.  I am planning on moving two defintely out.

I am not sure in one area.  I had him use his cell phone to  move.  Picked out his  house, chose to move only him. 
Everything seemed fine, except before I did the final accept, it showed that he had all of the family income.  They had O (zero). 

1) How do I move him out without taking all of the funds from my main family?  I still  have mom and dad and I will be moving one of the twins out, leaving oldest, one twin and the youngest, who will be aging up "today" to teen. 

2) How can I be sure he takes what is in his inventory? 

3) How can I remodel his home, give him a better fridge, stove?

I don't want to kick him out, he deserves to have a nice home.

Is he the one you will be controlling, or the rest of the family?

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2012, 06:11:51 PM »
The rest of the family.  He will move out and get his own place and the rest of the family will wish him good luck in his new life.  Same for the other one I will be moving out.  She will be on her own.  Hope to see them about, but they will be on their own. 

I don't mind giving them some money to live on for a few days as they get settled.  Derek wanted to be a Visionary and Sara wants to be a Spy; but not the whole amount of the family. 

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Moving one Sim out of household
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2012, 01:07:59 AM »
Hi Janna.

When you came to the screen that said your existing family would have $0 funds, are you sure you had them selected as the active household?  I think the default on that screen is for the one moving to be the active household and more of the money will go with him.  I've moved out many Sims and as long as I have the correct household checked, the family funds only go down by the price of the new house.

As for making the house pleasant for the one moving, you can use Edit Town before the move.  Select the house you want and click on Build/Buy.  You can then do anything you want to it.  Then go back to Edit Town and return to your game.  Now when your Sim moves to that house, it will have whatever upgrades you put in it.

Lastly, when a Sim moves out into a purchased house, he/she will take whatever is in the inventory.  Cars, Deathflowers, laptop computers, and more can be sent with the Sim who is moving.  Just put whatever you want into his personal inventory before moving.  I also like to purchase Lifetime Happiness Rewards that might help them out when on their own.  However, put some thought into both the inventory and rewards so you don't give something that will be useless.  For example, if you have a Collection Helper, don't let the moving Sim have it.  Your Sim will become a regular townie and they can't use those kinds of things, so it would be a waste.

I hope this helps.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."