Author Topic: The Sims 3 Katy Perry Sweet Treats Stuff Pack  (Read 88904 times)

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
Re: The Sims 3 Katy Perry Sweet Treats Stuff Pack
« Reply #90 on: March 22, 2012, 03:01:33 PM »
I know it's only a stuff pack and all, but I'm hoping with this candy furniture were getting there will also be new trees and plants as well. Growing candy corn, and cotton candy trees just sounds so appropriate and appealing for this stuff pack. There should be at least some new functions. I mean, you could send your child to prep school with Town Life, and Fast Lane had a whole new music Genre and a new trait.

I'm really looking forward to this stuff pack.  :)

Offline wednesday21

• Lurker
  • Occult
  • Joker is slightly amused.
« Reply #91 on: March 22, 2012, 03:58:41 PM »
I mean, you could send your child to prep school with Town Life, and Fast Lane had a whole new music Genre and a new trait.

What prep school feature are you talking about? I thought the school that came with that stuff pack was just a regular school rabbit-hole. And the trait came with a patch, I don't have Fast Lane stuff and I have the trait. The only extra feature ever added in a Sims 3 stuff pack that comes to my mind is that rockabilly radio station you mentioned.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #92 on: March 22, 2012, 04:28:38 PM »
I'm behind Wednesday on this one.  Everyone got the vehicle trait with a patch that coincided with Fast lane and there was nothing extra with Town Life other than modern versions of pre-existing rabbit holes. 

The only way I can see them justifying the extra cost for the Katy Perry Stuff Pack is if it has premium content in it.  We already know that EA considers premium content to be worth $5-7 USD per item so if they include the normal 21 regular items and 2 premium content items then it would actually be on par with normal price gouging terms. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Leto85

« Reply #93 on: March 25, 2012, 06:25:57 AM »
I think we should have an expansion pack with people like Einstein, Mozart, Shakespeare, and Darwin.  Now I know they aren't main stream kinda people, but they were sort of important... ;)

OW YES! You can count me in. Not in the list for subjects but to the list of people who will buy it. I have already made most sims in your list anyway, which I needed in a movie. I would love to see them in an expansion.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #94 on: March 26, 2012, 03:31:33 PM »
I don't see an official word just yet. And no offense to Alexis (the one behind Sims_VIP), but where does she get her information from exactly? Not in a snide way, I really want to know. I'm a bit skeptical now because usually origin or EA have the official announcement by now.

I'm behind Wednesday on this one.  Everyone got the vehicle trait with a patch that coincided with Fast lane and there was nothing extra with Town Life other than modern versions of pre-existing rabbit holes. 

That's exactly what I meant on the vehicle trait. And prep-school was a new feature, if you look at it this way. Being able to send your kids to it, yes.

The only way I can see them justifying the extra cost for the Katy Perry Stuff Pack is if it has premium content in it.  We already know that EA considers premium content to be worth $5-7 USD per item so if they include the normal 21 regular items and 2 premium content items then it would actually be on par with normal price gouging terms. 

That's exactly what I said. I think it will be one of those added SP's with added gumball and candy machines, and possibly a new NPC. (Maybe she'll appear like Drew Carey did?) That's what I was talking about.

I still think Charlie Sheen needs to be in Sims and have the same role as Drew Carey did!

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #95 on: March 26, 2012, 03:43:35 PM »
I don't see an official word just yet. And no offense to Alexis (the one behind Sims_VIP), but where does she get her information from exactly? Not in a snide way, I really want to know. I'm a bit skeptical now because usually origin or EA have the official announcement by now.

There have been three cases (that I know of) where someone was able to capture a screenshot of a website. In most cases, it seems that the SP has been listed as something like "available for purchase in the future." These three cases were just sent to SimsVIP and added to the website. She didn't make up any information for this, from what I can tell. I have a hunch that this will be a separate thing though. Maybe it'll just be a "Katy Perry Sweet Treats" thing instead of a stuff pack. I say this because EA recently had a survey for future SPs. I think whichever one wins that will be the SP06 (we are on 6 right?) and this Katy Perry bit will just be a side thing. That's what I hope at least.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #96 on: March 26, 2012, 03:52:42 PM »
That's kind of what I was thinking too! It sounds like, it will be one of those larger SP's but not an official SP, where there's added items, and features (NPC, premium functions), but it won't be just another EP, like HELS, or TLS. (I think that's how it was with the Holiday SP from TS2)

About Sims_VIP, I didn't think they were wrong, but I just thought it was a bit strange that she gets info before anyone else, yet she doesn't exactly work for EA, a la Wikipedia.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #97 on: March 26, 2012, 04:01:36 PM »
About Sims_VIP, I didn't think they were wrong, but I just thought it was a bit strange that she gets info before anyone else, yet she doesn't exactly work for EA, a la Wikipedia.

Oh no, I definitely understand what you're saying! The sources aren't always 100% reliable, and it is all mostly speculation, but I don't think someone just made a picture with this title in there and then submitted it to SimsVIP. I bet most other sims websites have heard this rumor, but they don't want to risk putting something on their website that could potentially turn out to be false. And if turns out that this pack is true, and it will be an... E/SP, I would wonder what things would be included. Hopefully it's like you said with an NPC and premium content. The store premium content seems to be doing well, and I would bet EA would try to include some in an E/SP. Perhaps a cotton candy machine? :)

Offline wednesday21

• Lurker
  • Occult
  • Joker is slightly amused.
« Reply #98 on: March 27, 2012, 06:13:41 AM »
SimsVIP gets their information from other simmers, foreign Sims fansites, or forums like this one. The first article about this stuff pack sourced the following image as the origin of the rumour.

It was first shown at ModTheSims by a member who was accidentally given access both to Master Suite Stuff (which they have pre-ordered) and SP06. A few months after that, the placeholder was replaced by "The Sims 3 Katy Perry Sweet Treats", so this is where we come from when we call it a stuff pack. It could be something else and for the time being all of this is only speculation.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #99 on: March 27, 2012, 08:32:51 AM »
You know looking at that image and knowing how messed up some things can get (example: this rumor started with a glitch) how do we know that the "Sweet Treats" isn't the name for stuff you get for getting the Katy Perry Limited Edition.  Maybe the Sweet Treats is just the extra stuff we downloaded.   I know someone said they saw it on amazon but what if the person who posted it at amazon happened to see it at MTS or SimsVIP.  Human operators are in charge of the website and they're allowed to assume all they want too as long as if it's proven false they refund any money spent.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Lizzy3272

• Llama Wrangler
  • SSDD
« Reply #100 on: March 27, 2012, 10:29:53 AM »
From what I understand, the story that goes with that "Sweet Treats" picture is a customer who was having problems with the KP Showtime Limited Edition download, and after much troubleshooting with EA, customer service decided to resend her the link and she ended up with the one to that stuff pack (which just took her to a holding screen) - EA resent the correct one after but told her she could keep that as a courtesy and once it is released, she will be able to download it.  Apparently, she isn't the only one who was sent this stuff pack inadvertently by Customer Service either...

I personally have been turned off by SPs for a while.  I just feel they have been... I don't know, lacking?  Ever since HELS I only purchase them when they come Free with a new EP (and since Origin seems to always have this same preorder sale, I always wait to preorder until I see what I'm going to get 8)).  I have no interest what-so-ever in the last one, Master Suite, even if they wanted to give it to me for free.  Sorry, but I have enough stuff for my bedrooms...  I hope there really are some "Sweet Treats" in this new SP (besides giant statues of fruit) to make it interesting.
"The black man fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed..."

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #101 on: March 27, 2012, 01:23:15 PM »
So in other words, Sims VIP is about as reliable and accurate as Wikipedia.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #102 on: March 27, 2012, 02:08:20 PM »

I believe they are trying to keep people informed about what gossip is going around. Sure some of it may not be true but you can't hold them responsible. Wikipedia is fairly accurate anyway despite what people say.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #103 on: March 27, 2012, 03:58:14 PM »

No.  The inaccuracies on Wikipedia come from users who add their opinions to articles for whatever reason, or from wrong information due to ignorance of the subject. 

When Sims VIP is wrong, it is because the information they needed to make the judgements about the subject matter simply didn't exist.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #104 on: March 29, 2012, 11:21:58 AM »
I saw a price of € 29.95 shown at Sims VIP.

I'm not sure if this is correct....because it just seems wrong. I used a currency converter of euros to USD and this is what the converter came up with

€ 29.95 = $ 39.7795

Is this possible? An SP that costs as much as an EP?

anything