Author Topic: The Sims 3 Katy Perry Sweet Treats Stuff Pack  (Read 87743 times)

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
Re: The Sims 3 Katy Perry Sweet Treats Stuff Pack
« Reply #165 on: April 03, 2012, 02:31:16 PM »
Well, we have Unicorns. ;D Like I said, I think it's because there's more than usual stuff pack, and It's not like HELS or Fast Lane, where we have our usual number of objects with a normal mesh, like the base game, there are new lots, with new buildings, and they have what appears to be the gumball machine from the store. Not like the TL buildings. So I think it's kind of cool, but I imagine my world looking like this anyways. I'm sure like Moons said, when there is a deal like "2 for 1" with a new EP release, you won't want to miss out right?

Offline ZapKid

• Electronic Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • I'm doing an internet! Woooahhh!
« Reply #166 on: April 03, 2012, 02:48:41 PM »
Makes me a bit sick looking at it.  :P

+1. They shouldn't have had Katy Perry have a part in it, because it bumped up the price a bit. They could have made a "Sweet Treats" pack without her, she doesn't own candy and whatnot. :P
Find my builds here. | Last Created; Cubeached
Also, feel free to request a home by PMing me! Always happy to help.

Hey guys I'm taking an extended hiatus... again. I'm out of ideas to build houses and I don't have as much fun designing homes like I used to; it feels more like a chore. So that's where I'll be, I will probably be back sometime. :P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #167 on: April 03, 2012, 03:29:23 PM »
I do have to say this to anyone who feels upset or betrayed and has played Sims before Sims 3, including myself: Katy Perry in Sims is not new, nor did it just happen out of nowhere. She has been contributing even before Sims 3, when we were still in Sims 2. She has her own music video, and song recorded "Hot n Cold" in Similish for the last Sims 2 EP, Apartment Life. It's not like EA just randomly went to the drawing table and instantly thought "Let's get Katy Perry!" like they never did anything with her before. The fact is, she's contributed long before Showtime, even Sims 3, was ever even in existence or on the table. I have to ask all of you this, especially those who like me, have played TS1 and/or TS2: As a person who's played this series for years, if you were a famous pop singer, and EA asked you to contribute, even if it was just a hit song, would you do it? I certainly would! Another random fact: Katy Perry is just as addicted to Sims as we are, and has been since the beginning. EA is not just going to get another person who isn't interested in the franchise, just for their own profits, or amusement. So to me, as a longtime fan, of both Katy Perry and Sims (still playing Sims 2!), this is a smart move on EA, and Katy Perry's end of the deal.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #168 on: April 03, 2012, 03:35:29 PM »
Fair point Jeana but that isn't my issue at all with this. It's the fact that it's a ridiculous price for ridiculous stuff that really just appeals to a small audience who really want it. The other people will probably buy it for collectiive reasons.

Seems like EA are running out of ideas to me. Falling back on a tacky-ridiculous theme. :/
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline KrispyNickyB

• Immortal
  • The round peg in a square hole.
    • Subscribe to me on Youtube!
« Reply #169 on: April 03, 2012, 03:57:03 PM »
Hurt and betrayed? That's deep feelings about a mere stuff pack. I'm in agreement that it appeals to a  narrow audience and is overpriced. I might consider it if it was the same price as all other stuff packs. However, that price on a package that I might use two hairstyles from? It's too steep for me. Now Katy Perry could have done a cute interesting collection of fashions and whatnot. I'd be all over that. It's not the artist that I don't like. It's more of the entire theme itself.

Offline Lynley1248

• Occult
« Reply #170 on: April 03, 2012, 04:08:04 PM »
Fair point Jeana but that isn't my issue at all with this. It's the fact that it's a ridiculous price for ridiculous stuff that really just appeals to a small audience who really want it. The other people will probably buy it for collectiive reasons.

Seems like EA are running out of ideas to me. Falling back on a tacky-ridiculous theme. :/

I'm in agreement that it appeals to a  narrow audience and is overpriced. I might consider it if it was the same price as all other stuff packs. However, that price on a package that I might use two hairstyles from? It's too steep for me. Now Katy Perry could have done a cute interesting collection of fashions and whatnot. I'd be all over that. It's not the artist that I don't like. It's more of the entire theme itself.

This is my issue with it, as well.  It just seems much more "in your face" than having artists record their songs for the game or even make a guest appearance as a townie.  I am neutral on Katy Perry, but even if it were an artist I liked, I still would not like a stuff pack dedicated strictly to him/her. 

It doesn't help that I would never use any of the candy-themed items.  It just doesn't seem worth the price. I wouldn't mind it so much, I think, if it was a set in the Store.  I guess I was hoping for something more useable for everyday play/building.  It seems like all the stuff packs are either full of expensive decor or overly-themed.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #171 on: April 03, 2012, 04:20:22 PM »
I know I said I felt a bit betrayed as a decade-long sims fan (that means TS1, 2, and 3) but it didn't have anything to do with Katy Perry. It was the fact that EA was trying to attract a new crowd with a pop icon. With things as small as SPs, I feel EA should really handle them by asking what current fans want, like with a survey, like they're doing with the NEXT SP, supposedly. I mean, only die-hard fans, collectors, and money-able people really buy the SPs. And EA is kind of ruling out two of those groups in favor if attracting a new crowd. Die hard fans who don't like Katie Perry may be disappointed with this, and the price has increased, so that decreases the amount of money-able people.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #172 on: April 03, 2012, 04:30:49 PM »
Completely agree with everyone above me, it was never about Katy Perry, just that the price has soared simply because her name is on it: I'd feel the same way about any other artist, even ones I like.

Offline Trentorio

• Townie
  • "Shamo!"
« Reply #173 on: April 03, 2012, 04:41:07 PM »
I've read everything from people not liking it because it is Katy Perry branded, to the cost, to the fact it is fruits and candy, treat themed. Not just here. It's just everyone here is so polite about it!

If it was store content I would gladly gift it to someone who wanted it and couldn't afford it. 

I am hoping the price tag reflects the number of items and things included, which I believe it does.  The one thing I am iffy about is it seems like another extension to Showtime instead of something different. I don't know if that is EA grasping at ideas or just milking something for all it is worth. Maybe both.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #174 on: April 03, 2012, 04:47:47 PM »
On the price: I'm not that bothered by it. A bit more than most SP's obviously, but not as bad as I thought. I don't think the Katy Perry part has anything to do with it, it's not the same amount of items, adding new designs to what was already in the base game: think cars in Fast Lane, or beds and baths in MSS. This is twice the amount of stuff, plus premium content as far as I can tell. It's almost like the Holiday SP from Sims 2.

It's really same concept different theme as the twice as large Holiday SP, plus the IKEA and H&M SP's, where they have the particular brands, with special features. Same story different concept.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #175 on: April 03, 2012, 04:48:57 PM »
I really don't think they included that gumball machine, by the way. If the did, it wasn't too smart a move, because the people who paid for the store version will be very annoyed at getting it in this SP.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #176 on: April 03, 2012, 04:49:09 PM »
Honestly, it doesn't matter to me if KP is involved or not.  I don't like or dislike her, she simply doesn't exist in my life. I'm just very disappointed in the content.  I'm not a fan of cute and no matter how sad my "collector" side will be that I won't be buying this one my aesthetic side  won't let me.

Offline KirbyAndKat

• Believers Never Die.
  • Immortal
  • Sorry for constant avatar changing.
« Reply #177 on: April 03, 2012, 04:57:32 PM »
Okay, so if it was confirmed, then what was the entire point of the ideal SP poll? They tricked the other, poor fans.  Unless, those SP candidates apply for another SP after this one..then that would mean another expansion. In this case, it's the magic one.

KP Sweet Treats EP--> Leaked Magic EP (smart move, EA.) --> Poll Candidates for SPs --> End of Sims 3 production?

I tend to have loud opinions. So sorry. I got tons of issues, lol. I can also be found on Yahoo! Answers.
Click here to view the best dance crew: I.aM.Me

Kids Of Cherryblossom Drive: New Drama

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #178 on: April 03, 2012, 04:59:12 PM »
Nah, I'm pretty sure there'll be ten EPs and ten SPs before they're done, and one of the EPs will be Seasons. :) I also think the poll was for the next SP after this one.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #179 on: April 03, 2012, 05:12:14 PM »
This post has some more information if you want to check it out! A lot of it is what I was predicting all along, and I was right.

This is a very special edition product with dozens more items than a typical Stuff Pack. It not an Expansion Pack.

I don't think it has to do with Katy Perry's name on it, it has to do with having more than a typical stuff pack as well.

anything