Author Topic: The Sims 3 Katy Perry Sweet Treats Stuff Pack  (Read 88850 times)

loveSims

Re: The Sims 3 Katy Perry Sweet Treats Stuff Pack
« Reply #225 on: April 04, 2012, 10:20:54 AM »
I look at the pictures on sims vip and I like it! Love all the pink lol. I will definitely get it. ;D

Offline thesimslover828

• Playing The Sims 3 again, WooHoo!!!
  • Immortal
  • Death To The Visitors, V Is For Victory
« Reply #226 on: April 04, 2012, 01:34:44 PM »
What if it was all this same Candyland-themed stuff, but with Justin Bieber on it? ;)
I would still buy it because I love The Sims, and have so since The Sims 1. If a star wants to be a part of this game series, I have no problem. Katy Perry is a fan of The Sims and I think that's cool. Her being with it might help the fan base become stronger, some people that don't like it or have never heard of it, may change their minds about it. There have been lots of stars that EA has used for the series. I think it's cool that someone who is famous wants to be a part of it. If it had Justin more power to him, because I love the game, and he would be trying to help it and change it up a little, like she is.
We are of peace, always but this is war.
We are of peace, always.
We'll help build a resistance. We have to fight.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KrispyNickyB

• Immortal
  • The round peg in a square hole.
    • Subscribe to me on Youtube!
« Reply #227 on: April 04, 2012, 02:27:58 PM »
The Sims Facebook page has pictures up now. This seems to be an either you love it or don't like it type of stuff pack. I'm in the I don't like it group. For those who love it, they will enjoy it. I'm not sure I understand why all the fuss surrounding it though.

Offline Castaras

• Stark Raving Bonkers
  • Townie
  • mew mew
« Reply #228 on: April 04, 2012, 02:33:52 PM »
Took a look at the facebook page...

Definitely a resounding *NOPE* from me. Way too silly and doesn't look like there'll be much versatile content.

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #229 on: April 04, 2012, 02:46:57 PM »
I don't really think Katy Perry is copying Lady Gaga. They both have loud outifts, but they each have their own twist on it and their own designers. Lady Gaga's outfits are very art-in-an-outfit kinda thing while Katy Perry has more just colors and crazy patterns/designs.
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #230 on: April 04, 2012, 02:50:43 PM »
I just think that there is a roaring need in today's day and age, to be different. Most people like to follow the crowd and be the same and like the same things as everyone else, but lately, more and more people have been going their own way, with their own style and way of doing things. The only thing these people have in common is the fact that they are different, and I think that is why we see a similarity between Gaga and Katy. Really, they are two very different artists and people and only share their pop roots and career. :)

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #231 on: April 04, 2012, 03:39:56 PM »
The Sims Facebook page has pictures up now. This seems to be an either you love it or don't like it type of stuff pack. I'm in the I don't like it group. For those who love it, they will enjoy it. I'm not sure I understand why all the fuss surrounding it though.

I'm in the don't like it group also. As to what the fuss is about I can't speak for everyone but I think there might be more than one person who feels like I do. I've been very disappointed in the new releases. I don't think an EP since Ambitions has kept my interest for more than a few weeks.  The fuss you see just might be people expressing their frustration as to the direction the game seems to be going in.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #232 on: April 04, 2012, 04:24:56 PM »
I've never met a sweet I didn't like until now.  I usually jump right on the EP/SP bandwagon, but this one I'm going to pass on because I honestly don't think the content is anything I'll ever use.  Some of the outfits are cute, but I won't pay a premium price for them.

I don't completely understand the frustration in the TS3 community, though.  I mean no one is holding a gun to our heads saying you must buy this SP.  EA is never going to be able to satisfy everyone all the time.  Am I disappointed in the contents of this SP?  Yes, but that's life.  There must be a lot of people who are equally excited about it and so I'm happy that they will be getting something they want.  I get that some people are concerned about having an EP and SP tied in so closely with a celebrity, and I'll admit I'm not thrilled about it myself, but I really don't think it's the end of TS3 as we know it.  I suspect all of this nonsense will have blown over by the time the next EP is announced.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #233 on: April 04, 2012, 04:28:47 PM »
I agree with Katluvr!

..I know, I know - I've been giving lots of different points of views about this SP so far, truth is that I've not fully made up my mind. :P I'll see if I can persuade any of my friends to get me it for my birthday, they usually get me sims stuff anyway. That way, I'll have the full collection, but I won't have to spend the little money my Mum has on this. :P

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #234 on: April 04, 2012, 04:54:37 PM »
I agree with Kat on the official community whining like it's "in your face!" like they're being held hostage! EA is not all "IN YOUR FACE!" and they certianly aren't holding anyone hostage. I understand why you guys don't like this EP, but I'm childish and a sweets person so Katy or not, it's up my alley! Although, I'm sure when someone offers this SP cheaper (Origin's deals, Walmart, Amazon), some of you will break down and get it while it's on sale. I've used this frivolous style (still do) in TS2 years ago, (still love the lips sofa!), and I'm excited to have it included in TS3! (Still love TS2 remember) And the thought of the giant orange purebred Persian draping himself on the banana split sofa is putting that huge smile on your face! Or he's sitting on his childish owner's lap in the ice cream sofa!

Offline KirbyAndKat

• Believers Never Die.
  • Immortal
  • Sorry for constant avatar changing.
« Reply #235 on: April 04, 2012, 04:55:48 PM »
I have mixed feelings about the sale of this SP. We already had Perry in Showtime, why not another outcast artist/musician/whatever? For that person..

Underrated Star--> Their own SP --> Fame and slight Recognizition.

I tend to have loud opinions. So sorry. I got tons of issues, lol. I can also be found on Yahoo! Answers.
Click here to view the best dance crew: I.aM.Me

Kids Of Cherryblossom Drive: New Drama

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #236 on: April 04, 2012, 05:11:10 PM »
Charlie Sheen! He should have his own SP! His trademark outfits and hairstyles, Major League and Platoon outfits in CAS, the coffee mug from 2 1/2 Men, some trees and shrubs from Platoon, an NPC of him with these five traits: Insane (he had that trait since birth), Daredevil, Party Animal, Commitment Issues, Inappropriate. A Fiat, and an NPC Tiger. ;D

Offline KirbyAndKat

• Believers Never Die.
  • Immortal
« Reply #237 on: April 04, 2012, 05:14:55 PM »
I agree with Jeana a ton. I want a Charlie Sheen sim..perfect roomie.
Whom I think should have their own SP are those bands listed earlier, but it's biased. No need to jump on me this time, folks.  ;)

I tend to have loud opinions. So sorry. I got tons of issues, lol. I can also be found on Yahoo! Answers.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #238 on: April 04, 2012, 05:16:58 PM »
Have you downloaded Union Cove? He's a premade townie in UC! I also have him up for grabs in our swap shop!

Offline KirbyAndKat

• Believers Never Die.
  • Immortal
« Reply #239 on: April 04, 2012, 05:18:09 PM »
Have you downloaded Union Cove? He's a premade townie in UC! I also have him up for grabs in our swap shop!

Did you make him? I really wanna download the town!  >.<

anything