Author Topic: The Sims 3 Katy Perry Sweet Treats Stuff Pack  (Read 88907 times)

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
Re: The Sims 3 Katy Perry Sweet Treats Stuff Pack
« Reply #270 on: April 12, 2012, 10:48:45 PM »
Am I the only person on this forum that's looking forward to this stuff? I don't believe Sims should be 100% realistic at all. Realistic kind of annoys me. I mean, I like how Sims has always had it's realism, but with realistic undertones, like occult creatures, silly objects, and frivolous looking furniture, which is why I feel like this will be my favorite stuff pack! It's unrealistic frivolous furniture! I don't care that Katy Perry is on it, I just like the frivolously decorated stuff! In real life I would totally wear the outfits, and decorate my house with it! I still enjoy decorating my Sim's houses with that silly looking furniture when I play TS2!

I honestly think she plays Sims. Or else EA wouldn't be asking her to get that involved. It would be like asking me to do a Whopper Commercial. I don't understand why it's so hard for people to believe famous celebrities are just like us, and play video games like the rest of us. And there's a reason why Britney got her Pepsi ad's pulled and lost her contract! She was caught with a Coke in her hand! I mean, Mila Kunis plays WoW!

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
The Sims 3 Katy Perry Sweet Treats Stuff Pack
« Reply #271 on: April 12, 2012, 10:51:13 PM »
Am I the only person on this forum that's looking forward to this stuff? I don't believe Sims should be 100% realistic at all. Realistic kind of annoys me. I mean, I like how Sims has always had it's realism, but with realistic undertones, like occult creatures, silly objects, and frivolous looking furniture, which is why I feel like this will be my favorite stuff pack! It's unrealistic frivolous furniture! I don't care that Katy Perry is on it, I just like the frivolously decorated stuff! In real life I would totally wear the outfits, and decorate my house with it! I still enjoy decorating my Sim's houses with that silly looking furniture when I play TS2!

I'm looking forward to it...it has some cute stuff. My 11 year old granddaughter REALLY wants it :) so, I'll be buying this one.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #272 on: April 12, 2012, 10:58:56 PM »
Glad to know you're buying it too, Jude! I honestly think this is no different than when EA announced H&M's SP! If this was a TS2 forum, and someone started this thread about H&M, I think we would be getting the same reactions. Even saying, "This should've been Hot Topic instead..."

Offline KirbyAndKat

• Believers Never Die.
  • Immortal
  • Sorry for constant avatar changing.
« Reply #273 on: April 12, 2012, 11:04:07 PM »
To be fair, youtube commenters aren't known for mincing their words. The Showtime videos gots massively disliked as well, and that EP turned out pretty well.  :)

I definitely won't be getting this Stuff Pack, though. Katy Perry aside, the items look a little too gaudy for me. I'd welcome some cute, reasonably realistic stuff like that popsicle T-shirt and the gumdrop barstools, but banana split couches and cupcake bras are a little bit much.  :-\

I never noticed the like bar for Showtime clips,  and that's ironic cause I would eagerly await a trailer for the game before release (first viewer for almost all ST videos)!

The licorice water slide is a ponderer, along with the Freezer Bunny fountain, but everything else, no. I would get this SP of I actually saw Perry play the SP herself. The testimonial marketing technique with a celebrity whom claims to use a product, in which they have never done so, repels me from buying an item. In this case, this game. That's just my taste.

Also, I like whimsical stuff like Anime related, but this SP was a bit...dazing? Maybe mind boggling with the pastel coloring. It literally felt as if I was gazing into an illusion.  ::)

Also...I wouldn't mind a Hot Topic stuff pack , Jeana. All the stuff packs so far in S3 include architectual and wardrobe items. I miss how S2 had three variations: Architectual, clothing, or both. I thought Sweet Treats would be the first wardrobe SP.

I tend to have loud opinions. So sorry. I got tons of issues, lol. I can also be found on Yahoo! Answers.
Click here to view the best dance crew: I.aM.Me

Kids Of Cherryblossom Drive: New Drama

Offline thesimslover828

• Playing The Sims 3 again, WooHoo!!!
  • Immortal
  • Death To The Visitors, V Is For Victory
« Reply #274 on: April 13, 2012, 01:40:32 AM »
In Katy's defense I don't know what half the words mean, by I love The Sims and have so since about 2001. I want it, it looks nice and it would be a nice change from what the other EP's and SP's have given us. I think of it as something like CandyLand or Willy Wonka, not everyone will like it but I'm sure some will. EA can't please everyone at once, I've been wanting magic to come back since forever, but it hasn't yet. No reason to get mad, because you never know what they have in the works. By the way, the ''meanings'' of the words are guesses, no one really knows what they mean, EA has never said what they mean to my knowledge. They wanted it that way, I thought the trailer for the SP was neat. She was singing in Simish, something that I would never be good at (At least I would need some practice lol).
We are of peace, always but this is war.
We are of peace, always.
We'll help build a resistance. We have to fight.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Offline Simboy134

• Scientist
  • Townie
  • Insert Witty Comment Here
« Reply #275 on: April 13, 2012, 03:20:19 AM »
I would like if the simlish version of the song would be katy perry's latest song instead of an old one
" With great power, comes great responsibility"

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #276 on: April 13, 2012, 03:50:14 AM »
I will be getting this my daughter really wants it and I can imagine my insane Sims using the clothes,hairstyles and furniture. Can you imagine how much fun it would have been to do the abstract interior contest with some of those items.

Of course the main reason is that my collection would not be complete without it and that would just be bad on so many levels.

Rachel

Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

loveSims

« Reply #277 on: April 13, 2012, 04:46:13 AM »
Jeanna, you're not the only one! I'm looking toward to it too. It have a lot of cute stuff in it. The fireworks will be a lot of fun! I remember it in sims2. I like cute and this pack is full of cute stuff and pink, my favorite color.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #278 on: April 13, 2012, 07:22:54 AM »
Take a look at the official announcement from EA and you'll see all the content (link in the first post).  They're saying it has lots of content.

Yea, I stand corrected! Can't say I like any of the stuff very much, though.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #279 on: April 13, 2012, 07:58:42 AM »
Some of those clothes would be quite cool if they didn't have the silly sweet treats theme. As in the style of the outfit.  :-\
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #280 on: April 13, 2012, 08:04:07 AM »
I'm still laughing at the cupcake bikini-top thing, it is so embarrassing to even look at. ;D

Offline KirbyAndKat

• Believers Never Die.
  • Immortal
  • Sorry for constant avatar changing.
« Reply #281 on: April 13, 2012, 08:20:52 AM »
In Katy's defense I don't know what half the words mean, by I love The Sims and have so since about 2001. I want it, it looks nice and it would be a nice change from what the other EP's and SP's have given us. I think of it as something like CandyLand or Willy Wonka, not everyone will like it but I'm sure some will. EA can't please everyone at once, I've been wanting magic to come back since forever, but it hasn't yet. No reason to get mad, because you never know what they have in the works. By the way, the ''meanings'' of the words are guesses, no one really knows what they mean, EA has never said what they mean to my knowledge. They wanted it that way, I thought the trailer for the SP was neat. She was singing in Simish, something that I would never be good at (At least I would need some practice lol).

Sorry,I was half asleep when I typed that. Nothing is going to convince me from buying, so am I the only here who will not buy this game?

I tend to have loud opinions. So sorry. I got tons of issues, lol. I can also be found on Yahoo! Answers.
Click here to view the best dance crew: I.aM.Me

Kids Of Cherryblossom Drive: New Drama

HannahEloiseee

« Reply #282 on: April 13, 2012, 08:36:24 AM »
I'm not buying, It's not a bad stuff back but the content isn't for me. I can't find a time where I would use a food/candy items. And I've got some food items already in my game. (the watermelon beanbag from generations and showtime items)

If it was £10 I might of got it, but £25 is too much for a few items I'm not going to use.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #283 on: April 13, 2012, 09:00:43 AM »
Sorry,I was half asleep when I typed that. Nothing is going to convince me from buying, so am I the only here who will not buy this game?

I'm not buying it either. Not going to waste Hard-drive space on something that is frivolous like this.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #284 on: April 13, 2012, 01:58:31 PM »

I can defiantly agree! Simlish has no real meaning, if you think about it. I only know Nooboo and Woofum, and I'm one of the least nooboo obsessed on this forum. The point of Simlish is that it's left up to the player's imagination.

@Louise: I agree! As much as I love Sims 3, I wouldn't be sticking around if it wasn't for this SP the Cowplant, Pets and Twallan, because I feel like it's getting almost too realistic! Sims is full of unrealistic undertones and imagination, and I feel like after playing for a while, even with Nraas industries, my games would fall flat! I have been begging for this sort of deal since I started playing TS3, and now it's coming and I couldn't be happier. I really loved the fun TS2 furniture, and now it's coming back new and alive for TS3! I'm really happy they're finally coming through!