Author Topic: The Sims 3 Katy Perry Sweet Treats Stuff Pack  (Read 88831 times)

Offline Kaye

• Kooky, Cutie, KIRBY!!!!
  • Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
Re: The Sims 3 Katy Perry Sweet Treats Stuff Pack
« Reply #300 on: April 13, 2012, 06:26:11 PM »
It's kinda funny how EA says that they listen to us yet we have been begging for University and Seasons and this wasn't a first choice in the SP poll.

I wouldn't want to give something to bunch of whiny, demanding brats anyway! Some of those comments are downright ridiculous and most of them sound like a two-year-old throwing a tantrum over not getting his way.
The outside is quiet, but the inside is on full blast.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel
Cherry Blossom Daycare Center

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #301 on: April 13, 2012, 06:29:26 PM »
I know there are some who are acting like real brats when EA doesn't do somethin exactly the way they want them to. But there are some (like this forum!) who just would be really thankful and happy if we got the season EP and whatnot.

Back on topic.

I've said I won't be buying this, especially because I don't want to throw around money I don't have on something I won't use. But when I eventually get it (most likely when TS3 ends) I think I could use this stuff for a sort of hangout place. It might be good for a daycare.
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
« Reply #302 on: April 13, 2012, 06:32:53 PM »
I've said I won't be buying this, especially because I don't want to throw around money I don't have on something I won't use. But when I eventually get it (most likely when TS3 ends) I think I could use this stuff for a sort of hangout place. It might be good for a daycare.

I was just thinking about that, using the objects for a daycare. I would probably make a house with the daycare inside on the first floor and the rest of the house could be a second and third floor.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline thesimslover828

• Playing The Sims 3 again, WooHoo!!!
  • Immortal
  • Death To The Visitors, V Is For Victory
« Reply #303 on: April 13, 2012, 07:59:44 PM »
Again, Katy Perry being a part of this has absolutely nothing to do with my opinion and my point. I totally get that this may appeal to 'people with the childish trait' but the majority of us aren't childish, at least to the extent where we like this, and personally, I think Master Suite Stuff looked better than this. I'm just really interested in seeing how much all this stuff is going to pop up in dynasties and legacies, the stuff isn't usable. That's why so many people are saying that they refuse to pay for something that is just full of stuff they'll never use. My dynasty and legacy houses are modern themed, so I'm not going to throw in a 'banana split sundae' sofa in the middle of it unless I want it to deliberately look silly. If they wanted to make a cutesy SP, they could at least have made the stuff more workable. I'm not trying to be rude at all, but there is a huge difference between 'cute' and 'just outright silly' and the latter is what this SP is. That's my gripe with it, nothing to do with Katy Perry's involvement.
There is a difference between not usable and not using it. Table phones are not useless even though every Sim has a cell phone. Most people's grip is that she is involved with it. Even in this thread, people where asking if she was really a fan or did she know what Simish words meant. If you don't want it that's ok, I do want it. I just get tired of people saying EA's not listening to us because we don't have seasons and university. Not everyone likes the same thing, I don't like The Sims 2 as much as The Sims 1 and 3. I want some different stuff for The Sims 3, I want it to be it's own game, I think different stuff is kinda cool. I would love if everyone got just what they want, but EA can't do that.
We are of peace, always but this is war.
We are of peace, always.
We'll help build a resistance. We have to fight.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #304 on: April 13, 2012, 08:48:23 PM »
But well think about it: EA could release just about any theme of an SP and some people would like it. That's why, in this case, saying that some people like it just doesn't quite cut it. It feels as if EA are throwing any old thing at us now. And yes, I know a lot of people just hate the SP because Katy Perry's on it. That reason alone isn't really good enough to dislike an SP in my opinion, but each to their own. I understand that some people like this and I hope you continue to like and enjoy it when it comes out, but like I said - They could release any theme and there'd be some out there that like it, that doesn't actually mean the stuff is good value for money or that the SP is of some expected standard quality.

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
« Reply #305 on: April 13, 2012, 10:22:23 PM »
Not trying to start an argument, but you realize that works in reverse too, right? Just because some people dislike something doesn't mean it's of bad value. But, like you said, to each their own.

Sugar, spice and everything ice!

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #306 on: April 13, 2012, 11:36:48 PM »
Personally, I think these items would've been better put into multiple store sets. That way if we don't like them, we don't have to keep having ads thrown at our faces whenever we go on the internet. Youtube is still throwing me that Showtime ad with Katy Perry singing "Part of Me" whenever I'm watching a video and I'm sick of it. And we would be able to get a better SP like the teens or decades one.
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline thesimslover828

• Playing The Sims 3 again, WooHoo!!!
  • Immortal
  • Death To The Visitors, V Is For Victory
« Reply #307 on: April 13, 2012, 11:38:53 PM »
Personally, I think these items would've been better put into multiple store sets. That way if we don't like them, we don't have to keep having ads thrown at our faces whenever we go on the internet. Youtube is still throwing me that Showtime ad with Katy Perry singing "Part of Me" whenever I'm watching a video and I'm sick of it. And we would be able to get a better SP like the teens or decades one.
If you had to buy it from the store it would be far more then $30.00. I'm glad it's a SP.
We are of peace, always but this is war.
We are of peace, always.
We'll help build a resistance. We have to fight.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #308 on: April 14, 2012, 05:06:56 AM »
Not trying to start an argument, but you realize that works in reverse too, right? Just because some people dislike something doesn't mean it's of bad value. But, like you said, to each their own.

Sugar, spice and everything ice!

There is a far huger dislike taken to this SP than there ever has been to any other SP or EP. Even Fast Lane Stuff had a bigger backing than this. I think that says something. I agree that it should have just been put into store sets. Even some of the store sets would have been better than this. Like, say the Asian Fusion or the African-Themed Collection.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #309 on: April 14, 2012, 05:36:51 AM »
I thought the whole game is frivolous, it's not suppose to be serious, The Sims has always made fun of itself. It's why I like it so much, it's play with life, not be so serious about it that you won't have fun. The Sims is a life simulation, it's not meant to be serious on all levels. There is a whole list of stuff you can do in the game but could never happen in real life.

That may be how you play but it's not how I play. I do use Sims to get away from reality but I make a World which I would prefer and I wish would be real instead of what is. I don't like or want this sort of frivolous stuff in my own game. It's just a matter of taste.

To be perfectly honest I couldn't care less if Katy Perry was involved or not. She is meaningless to me on this and she has nothing to do with why I won't be buying it? The stuff in it doesn't appeal to me, it is overpriced for what you get and really this should be in the Store and not on the shelves, that's just my opinion though but I mean this is a very specific SP that targets a small audience of people who either like Katy Perry a lot, will buy it for the sake of buying all the additions or genuinely like the Content. It just feels like they are ignoring the larger audience of Simmers with this one. Sorry but that is my opinion and that won't change.  :)

There is a far huger dislike taken to this SP than there ever has been to any other SP or EP. Even Fast Lane Stuff had a bigger backing than this. I think that says something. I agree that it should have just been put into store sets. Even some of the store sets would have been better than this. Like, say the Asian Fusion or the African-Themed Collection.

I like Fast Lane.  :P
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #310 on: April 14, 2012, 05:45:53 AM »
To be perfectly honest I couldn't care less if Katy Perry was involved or not. She is meaningless to me on this and she has nothing to do with why I won't be buying it? The stuff in it doesn't appeal to me, it is overpriced for what you get and really this should be in the Store and not on the shelves, that's just my opinion though but I mean this is a very specific SP that targets a small audience of people who either like Katy Perry a lot, will buy it for the sake of buying all the additions or genuinely like the Content. It just feels like they are ignoring the larger audience of Simmers with this one. Sorry but that is my opinion and that won't change.  :)

Precisely what I'm trying to say!

I like Fast Lane.  :P

So do I! I just mentioned it in comparison to this because it's the least popular SP so far, but it still has a huge backing compared to this. :)

Offline warr2098

• Future Neurologist
  • Immortal
« Reply #311 on: April 14, 2012, 06:31:35 AM »
This SP might be good for a insane sims house? Just thinking...  ;)

Offline amyrose

• Immortal
  • Jorja Phoenix
« Reply #312 on: April 14, 2012, 07:51:35 AM »
I'm not going to be buying this SP simply because I don't like any of the items and it would be a waste of money for me. I would probably use a couple of the hairstyles, but I'm not paying £25 just to get them. I can't believe this SP costs so much, usually they are £10 in the UK.

HannahEloiseee

« Reply #313 on: April 14, 2012, 09:49:11 AM »
I'm not going to be buying this SP simply because I don't like any of the items and it would be a waste of money for me. I would probably use a couple of the hairstyles, but I'm not paying £25 just to get them. I can't believe this SP costs so much, usually they are £10 in the UK.

Yes, If I buy this stuff pack, I won't have any money saved for the next EP. Shame it costs so much. :/ EA might of made more money from it being £10 instead of £25!

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
« Reply #314 on: April 14, 2012, 11:10:24 AM »
This SP might be good for a insane sims house? Just thinking...  ;)

The insanity generation! That would work.  :P

Eh, I just woke up after sleeping for 11 hours. Still half-asleep.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel