Author Topic: The Sims 3 Katy Perry Sweet Treats Stuff Pack  (Read 88677 times)

Offline Simboy134

• Scientist
  • Townie
  • Insert Witty Comment Here
Re: The Sims 3 Katy Perry Sweet Treats Stuff Pack
« Reply #315 on: April 14, 2012, 11:52:35 AM »
The only reason it's so expensive is because it has a lot more stuff than a normal SP i think EA wanted to give us more things but didn't want in showtime it's basically leftovers from the Katy Perry Limited edition
" With great power, comes great responsibility"

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #316 on: April 14, 2012, 11:55:06 AM »
From what I've seen it doesn't seem that much more.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline thesimslover828

• Playing The Sims 3 again, WooHoo!!!
  • Immortal
  • Death To The Visitors, V Is For Victory
« Reply #317 on: April 14, 2012, 02:26:28 PM »
That may be how you play but it's not how I play. I do use Sims to get away from reality but I make a World which I would prefer and I wish would be real instead of what is. I don't like or want this sort of frivolous stuff in my own game. It's just a matter of taste.

To be perfectly honest I couldn't care less if Katy Perry was involved or not. She is meaningless to me on this and she has nothing to do with why I won't be buying it? The stuff in it doesn't appeal to me, it is overpriced for what you get and really this should be in the Store and not on the shelves, that's just my opinion though but I mean this is a very specific SP that targets a small audience of people who either like Katy Perry a lot, will buy it for the sake of buying all the additions or genuinely like the Content. It just feels like they are ignoring the larger audience of Simmers with this one. Sorry but that is my opinion and that won't change.  :)

I like Fast Lane.  :P
I to would love to be able to jump into The Sim world, it would be lovely, no bigotry or prejudice would be great. The stuff appeals to me because I love the idea of some silly stuff in The Sims. The Sims does make fun of itself, and I love it for that. I've played The Sims since the first one, and it always had some silly stuff and serious stuff.
We are of peace, always but this is war.
We are of peace, always.
We'll help build a resistance. We have to fight.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Offline KirbyAndKat

• Believers Never Die.
  • Immortal
  • Sorry for constant avatar changing.
« Reply #318 on: April 14, 2012, 04:53:07 PM »
...EA never listens. I hope we never get Seasons.

Lol, I used to get into huuge fights with members on Sims 3 Forum over the Seasons for Sims3. For this one, they're just ignoring us and going with their own idea for Katy Perry. There was this one Youtube video where a creator quoted:

"We always listen to our player's opinions!" LIE.

I tend to have loud opinions. So sorry. I got tons of issues, lol. I can also be found on Yahoo! Answers.
Click here to view the best dance crew: I.aM.Me

Kids Of Cherryblossom Drive: New Drama

Offline Kaye

• Kooky, Cutie, KIRBY!!!!
  • Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
« Reply #319 on: April 14, 2012, 04:57:13 PM »
...EA never listens. I hope we never get Seasons.

Lol, I used to get into huuge fights with members on Sims 3 Forum over the Seasons for Sims3. For this one, they're just ignoring us and going with their own idea for Katy Perry. There was this one Youtube video where a creator quoted:

"We always listen to our player's opinions!" LIE.

I'm not sure I'd even get Seasons. When I had the Sims 2 and installed Seasons, it crashed my game! I had to uninstall and reinstall the whole game. It did work then, but the game didn't run as fast.
The outside is quiet, but the inside is on full blast.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel
Cherry Blossom Daycare Center

Offline KirbyAndKat

• Believers Never Die.
  • Immortal
« Reply #320 on: April 14, 2012, 04:59:32 PM »
I'm not sure I'd even get Seasons. When I had the Sims 2 and installed Seasons, it crashed my game! I had to uninstall and reinstall the whole game. It did work then, but the game didn't run as fast.

I don't want Seasons. *recieves flashback about receieving violation from EA about forum-fighting**shivers*

I want EA to come up with different themes in Stuff Packs and Expansions.

I tend to have loud opinions. So sorry. I got tons of issues, lol. I can also be found on Yahoo! Answers.

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
« Reply #321 on: April 14, 2012, 05:01:58 PM »
I don't want Seasons. *receives flashback about receiving violation from EA about forum-fighting**shivers*

I want EA to come up with different themes in Stuff Packs and Expansions.

Wait a second. You ended up in a fight because you said you didn't want Seasons?

I don't want Sims 3 to have the same stuff packs and expansions as Sims 2 either. It feels pointless then, like it's just an updated copy. I'd rather them be unique.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KirbyAndKat

• Believers Never Die.
  • Immortal
« Reply #322 on: April 14, 2012, 05:07:50 PM »
Wait a second. You ended up in a fight because you said you didn't want Seasons?

I don't want Sims 3 to have the same stuff packs and expansions as Sims 2 either. It feels pointless then, like it's just an updated copy. I'd rather them be unique.

Yup. Ended up receiving a violation for it. Around 5 fights, just for expressing my own opinions.

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
« Reply #323 on: April 14, 2012, 05:10:39 PM »
Yup. Ended up receiving a violation for it. Around 5 fights, just for expressing my own opinions.

Those people don't a new expansion then. They need to get off the computer and get outside!

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline KirbyAndKat

• Believers Never Die.
  • Immortal
« Reply #324 on: April 14, 2012, 05:12:56 PM »
Those people don't a new expansion then. They need to get off the computer and get outside!

They were the heavy CC users, judging by their avatars. If they use CC, then why can't they not download the weather mod out there?! I even mentioned that over there. Those forums are irrational.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #325 on: April 14, 2012, 07:52:30 PM »
The number one reason I will be buying this is so I can have a complete collection. Number two is because some of the items I like! Who wouldn't wanna sit on a banana split? Hehe. I'm not childish per-se, I just think it's cool! Plus, I don't have it so it appeals to me even more!  ;D

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #326 on: April 14, 2012, 11:09:57 PM »
Ok, everyone.  Let's take it down a notch, please.  This thread is getting a little out of hand.  We don't like any kind of EA bashing here, nor do we want to speak badly about members of the official forum.  I think enough negative comments about this upcoming SP have been tossed around, so can we just let it drop now?  There will be new opinions and thoughts as we get closer to the release date and then after the release.  No need to keep pounding on the same points.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Sutz

• Townie
« Reply #327 on: April 15, 2012, 07:27:56 AM »
I agree. Besides, what it really boils down to is if you don't think you'll like the Stuff Pack (unless you're desperate for a complete collection), or if you don't think it's worth the money, then don't buy it. It's not like you'll lose anything if you don't get it.

Personally not a lot of this stuff appeals to me (except for when I feel like remaking The One That Got Away music video), so I may well just skip this one. Or I'll wait until LGR reviews it and see what I think then, because he often gives a great preview of the kind of stuff that's in it. And that's all there is to it. I've still got plenty of Sims stuff to keep me occupied until the next expansion, just my tastes won't be the same as other people's and that's no big deal. In the end, it's just a game. :)

And as for whether or not we want Seasons, remember we had Pets too and that was really unique, nothing like the Sims 2 version. It really utilised how Sims 3 is different from Sims 2. There's no reason why a Sims 3 Seasons expansion pack couldn't be unique as well as building on what came before. That's just my humble opinion, though.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #328 on: April 15, 2012, 09:37:42 AM »
Ok, everyone.  Let's take it down a notch, please.  This thread is getting a little out of hand.  We don't like any kind of EA bashing here, nor do we want to speak badly about members of the official forum.  I think enough negative comments about this upcoming SP have been tossed around, so can we just let it drop now?  There will be new opinions and thoughts as we get closer to the release date and then after the release.  No need to keep pounding on the same points.

I agree Pam. I don't know if you ever visit the EA forum but right now you can't say the sky is blue without upsetting someone.  I've read a lot of the threads, including this one and, and I think it's not so much that this SP is that horrible to some but I think there is a core of players that are feeling alienated.  This honestly isn't EA bashing, it's just my opinion on the direction of the franchise. I think the content of this SP is just another brick in the wall to some.  There are a lot of players feeling frustrated and it's just coming out in anger over this SP. I know I won't be buying it because there isn't anything at all in it for me. I'm not angry about it, I just wish they were headed in a different direction.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #329 on: April 15, 2012, 06:12:00 PM »

I agree! I agree with Esther! Even though Childish is one of my five traits and this is up my alley, I like it because of the frivolous looking items! The outfits are cute too! I would wear those in the real world.

I love the trees. They excite me the most.