Author Topic: The Sims 3 Katy Perry Sweet Treats Stuff Pack  (Read 88691 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Katy Perry Sweet Treats Stuff Pack
« Reply #75 on: March 21, 2012, 04:03:58 PM »
Hosfac, to add to your list of legends who switched from Gospel to R & R, might I mention "The King", Elvis?  His "start" was singing in church and wherever he got people to listen to his versions of a combo of gospel and r & b which eventually turned into rock and roll.  Even in his heyday he STILL was singing gospel and making a lot of bucks at it.

Katy who?  Now, if someone had said Adele, or Shakira, I'd know but Katy Perry?  Ok, yeah, I'm an ancient, but I live with a teenager and even she says KP is not the most popular singer in the world. Not someone anyone in her school would be all up and excited about, and there is only one kid in her high school who actually plays Sims and that's her!  (Probably because I keep asking her to create Sims for me, lol).  Game of choice is Sky Rim, not Sims.  Even here, I'd bet if you did a poll on the highest age level of players here you'd find they were in their 20's or older.  Why?
Brings back the kid in us AND older people can afford to keep buying the games.  How many here have said they can't afford it and "am saving my lunch money"?

Despite everything said, I think if we look back on all the threads about EPs/SPs coming out, you'll find everyone going "naaaahhh", at first and then buying them anyway.  If you play Sims at all in any regular way you are addicted and will buy and EA knows this, no matter whose name is on it.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

loveSims

« Reply #76 on: March 21, 2012, 04:22:56 PM »
Well said Joria! There are a lot of older people playing sims. I don't even debate the issue of Katie Perry because I know I will buy it! I'm that addicted. My kids like her especially my son lol. She is very pretty. The only female singer I like is Adele.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #77 on: March 21, 2012, 04:25:52 PM »
I'm with you loveSims.  I will most likely buy this because I'm addicted.  Of course, EA should probably make an official announcement so I know how much it's going to actually cost.  I love the Sims VIP website but they're not the makers of Sims.  I'm surprised this thread hasn't been killed way before now. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #78 on: March 21, 2012, 05:30:06 PM »
Hosfac, to add to your list of legends who switched from Gospel to R & R, might I mention "The King", Elvis?

Oh my god...how could I possibly forget The King?  My mother would completely disown me for that.  :p

Ok, yeah, I'm an ancient, but I live with a teenager and even she says KP is not the most popular singer in the world. Not someone anyone in her school would be all up and excited about, and there is only one kid in her high school who actually plays Sims and that's her!

This is why they're doing it.  Let's look back to Sims 1 Superstar and look at the celebrities that came with that:

Freddie Prinze Jr:  In 2003, he had several movies under his belt, none of which were anything close to being a blockbuster.
Christina Aguilera:  In 2003, she was reforming her image from cheese to sleaze...and while she was selling albums, it wasn't going as well as it should have been.  Let's face it:  she was living in Brittney Spears' shadow and trying to break out of it.
Avril Lavigne:  At the time, she was a big name in Canada, but less so in Europe.  In America, she was doing okay, but wasn't exactly a major chart topper.  And when you get down to it, the American and UK charts are the rulers that people use to measure their musical success.
Marylin Manroe:  In 2003, she had been dead for 40 years and had essentially ceased being mainstream relevant a very, very long time ago.
Andy Warhol:  Sort of made an appearance.  Everyone knows his name because of one famous picture and it's various derivatives, but you could put any of his other works along side of any random piece of clip art and almost nobody would be able to pick it out.

So we have people who either were barely relevant, people who wanted to be more relevant, or people who weren't in a position to say no.  Katy Perry clearly fits in with this trend.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline KirbyAndKat

• Believers Never Die.
  • Immortal
  • Sorry for constant avatar changing.
« Reply #79 on: March 21, 2012, 07:19:06 PM »
 Bottom line:  We need an SP, or EP, containing Fall Out Boy, MCR, Green Day, Panic at the Disco, or blink182.

I tend to have loud opinions. So sorry. I got tons of issues, lol. I can also be found on Yahoo! Answers.
Click here to view the best dance crew: I.aM.Me

Kids Of Cherryblossom Drive: New Drama

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #80 on: March 21, 2012, 07:22:16 PM »
Bottom line:  We need an SP, or EP, containing Fall Out Boy, MCR, Green Day, Panic at the Disco, or blink182.

I think we should have an expansion pack with people like Einstein, Mozart, Shakespeare, and Darwin.  Now I know they aren't main stream kinda people, but they were sort of important... ;)

Offline KirbyAndKat

• Believers Never Die.
  • Immortal
« Reply #81 on: March 21, 2012, 07:28:40 PM »
I think we should have an expansion pack with people like Einstein, Mozart, Shakespeare, and Darwin.  Now I know they aren't main stream kinda people, but they were sort of important... ;)
true! I can kinda see the interactions:

-Wave a baton
-Hum to classic tunes
-Historical Setting
-No quirkiness.

Compared to...
-New interaction: Mikey Way's PokerFace! Use to scare off acquaintances.
-New lot: That chapel used in Panic! at the Disco's music videos, "I Write Sins Not Trageties" and "The Ballad of Mona Lisa"
-Jump around carelessly while playing guitar, and pound like Travis tha drumma :)
-New Clothing Brands: Famous Stars and Straps, Atticus, and much much more!

I tend to have loud opinions. So sorry. I got tons of issues, lol. I can also be found on Yahoo! Answers.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #82 on: March 21, 2012, 07:37:46 PM »
true! I can kinda see the interactions:

-Wave a baton
-Hum to classic tunes
-Historical Setting
-No quirkiness.

Compared to...
-New interaction: Mikey Way's PokerFace! Use to scare off acquaintances.
-New lot: That chapel used in Panic! at the Disco's music videos, "I Write Sins Not Trageties" and "The Ballad of Mona Lisa"
-Jump around carelessly while playing guitar, and pound like Travis tha drumma :)
-New Clothing Brands: Famous Stars and Straps, Atticus, and much much more!

I was thinking along the lines of crazy hair and big mustaches, new lot - symphony music hall with new music instruments (including violin, flute, kettle drum, and french horn), new acting theater to do live action and not movie based, and new tourist location - the Galapagos islands, complete with ride on Giant turtles and 10 different small pets to collect.

:D

Offline KirbyAndKat

• Believers Never Die.
  • Immortal
« Reply #83 on: March 21, 2012, 07:44:55 PM »
I was thinking along the lines of crazy hair and big mustaches, new lot - symphony music hall with new music instruments (including violin, flute, kettle drum, and french horn), new acting theater to do live action and not movie based, and new tourist location - the Galapagos islands, complete with ride on Giant turtles and 10 different small pets to collect.

:D

Dont forget a revamped "Classical" radio station!

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #84 on: March 21, 2012, 07:52:25 PM »

Honestly, I think EA should just stay away from branding their EPs and SPs altogether. I understand that they're a company that's just trying to make more money, but regardless of who they choose to collaborate with, there will be people who dislike whomever EA chooses. Katy Perry has been a fun experiment, but I hope EA doesn't feel the need to collaborate with more people. Or I hope they give us a choice like with Showtime.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #85 on: March 21, 2012, 08:57:37 PM »

Like what?  How would you work something like that in with the upcoming magic EP or a weather EP for example?  There won't be any more entertainment industry based expansions because there's nothing else left to do.  Sorry, but that ship has sailed and Katy Perry was the only passenger.  She's riding the wave with this stuff pack because it's a tie-in to Showtime.  You can't tie someone else in when they weren't involved in the first place.  If you want lip service from your favorite bands, look to them for it, not EA.

All of this "We need an X band related EP/SP" talk is very much off-topic.  Let's get the discussion back on course before this thread gets locked because of it.

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #86 on: March 21, 2012, 09:16:11 PM »
I want a Hosfac themed EP!   :P

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #88 on: March 21, 2012, 09:30:10 PM »

Personally, I think this deserves it's own thread! 

Pam might feel differently, though...  ;D

Offline KirbyAndKat

• Believers Never Die.
  • Immortal
« Reply #89 on: March 21, 2012, 09:33:01 PM »

Lol!  :D